Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Why? Even given him a little bit on the cap next year we still free up 600k for another player.
I'm just saying needaname you don't release someone unless you have a comparable replacement, and I'm assuming richo knows what we all know there's no one decent available, that will actually come to this rabble

How come we are paying part of his contract with Penrith, didn't he request a release?
He would be getting paid less money with his deal with the Panthers.
Unless we 100% said to him we will grant you a release paid to the end of this year but… your next contract is up to you to make the difference.
Aaron woods did this signing from Bulldogs to the Sharks but that was because his contact was a hard sell. He personally coped the loss because he wanted to continue playing footy at NRL level.

I'm just saying needaname you don't release someone unless you have a comparable replacement, and I'm assuming richo knows what we all know there's no one decent available, that will actually come to this rabble
Fair call.

How come we are paying part of his contract with Penrith, didn't he request a release?
No we told him to look around - the best deal he could find was less then he was on for next year so we coukd either let him go and pay some or keep him and pay it all. We have plenty of money invested in forwards and not enough in the backs so made the correct choice

Requested a release, granted
Signed with a new club, accepted

Surely we aren't losing any $$ here

Penrith are too smart to pay $750k for him... He ain’t worth it …

Richo has tipped in to free up some UK shopping money …my guess would be a minimum $100k…probably a bit more

Lets take it further.
Sullivan
Latu Fainu

How have these next big things worked out for us?

They haven't. We should stop signing players "on potenial" particularly if they are not first graders. I honestly can only think of Galvin and Bula who have actually earned their potential.

Sign Solid first graders. People who would take the field!
We have far too many signigns in the "potential" zone and we have trouble developing potential.

You're writing Latu off after less than 80 mins playing injured and out of position? Do you remember how awful Tedesco was in 2013 returning from injury and on the wing? There have been countless other superstars who have had middling starts to their career and without the excuse of an injury. Give him time before you judge him.

What off one game that Staines has played well? I’d go with Alaimalo as he’s at least shown heart and some try assists.
No? I have been consistently saying since the season even begun that Staines is our best winger and is locked into the team. I even have him above Junior who I view as a centre.

Also, how do you think the 2 metre tall winger who takes less runs and makes less pcm than Staines shows more heart?

Edit: Also, I'd say playing with a perforated bowel takes some heart...

Yes it surprised me we have been told richo is a top shelf administrator, he should have told papali, your free to go but not till 26 when your contact expires here, real pascoe stuff actually
I'm not too fussed with papalii leaving, he hasn't really done much he's not been the player that he was at the Eels. No idea what happened but if he walked in and just said to Richo I want out, I'm all for him leaving. If he isn't committed punt him. Galvin though asking for a release I would dig my heels in and force him to stay, only on the hope he changes his mind because he has a lot more upside for us in keeping him.

I'm not too fussed with papalii leaving, he hasn't really done much he's not been the player that he was at the Eels. No idea what happened but if he walked in and just said to Richo I want out, I'm all for him leaving. If he isn't committed punt him. Galvin though asking for a release I would dig my heels in and force him to stay, only on the hope he changes his mind because he has a lot more upside for us in keeping him.

I think Galvins manager was requesting a release after we signed Bud, they've since seen him play all is well :ROFLMAO:
But in all seriousness if he has still been requesting a release more recently im unaware of that.

Reactions: 851
You're writing Latu off after less than 80 mins playing injured and out of position? Do you remember how awful Tedesco was in 2013 returning from injury and on the wing? There have been countless other superstars who have had middling starts to their career and without the excuse of an injury. Give him time before you judge him.
I honestly don’t remember Teddy having a poor start to his career, I recall saying he’s a future Kangaroo from almost day dot.

No? I have been consistently saying since the season even begun that Staines is our best winger and is locked into the team. I even have him above Junior who I view as a centre.

Also, how do you think the 2 metre tall winger who takes less runs and makes less pcm than Staines shows more heart?

Edit: Also, I'd say playing with a perforated bowel takes some heart...
Mate I suggest u watch his last 3 games before last weekends game. We’re your eyes painted on the week before where he let in two try’s to start us off??
He plays like a guy who doesn’t want to get injured, always take the safest/easy option to protect himself more than helps the team. No heart, he only played well against the cowgirls because he new his was about to be dropped. Our other wingers make more mistakes than him but play fir the better of the team.
He looked better at centre the brief time he had there, he doesn’t do well with the sideline.

Letting this prick walk early after shitting on the club for years is a weak look to the rest of the comp.
It may open the flood gates for guys wanting a good payday mid career before lining up their forever home at their earliest convenience. If that overlaps their contract with us…so what?

I don't remember that at all. He hit the ground running IMO
His tackle busting ability and involvement was elite from the get go. Obviously did the ACL on debut so may have come back a little down on confidence but within 20 career games he was an obvious star.

Back