Simona on the move

If Simonia was on the first year of a three year contract I could understand them wanting to free money up for 2018 and onwards help with securing the big four, but as he is on the last year of his contract the means we are obviously over the cap and to me that is bewildering when you look at our roster plus farah when you compare it to some of the other clubs.

We are also at a stage when it is hard to point the bone at past management,as most players are now on contracts that have been done since Taylor took over the joint. I realise you can only shop a player around that has some market interest but to shop around a player in probably your weakest position is madness.

As I said previously do what most of the other clubs do and find a sneaky way around the system. The old saying good guys seldom come first

Even if this does eventuate, I doubt highly it's because we are over the cap this year. It will be a strategic play to free up a spot with Suli coming through and some cash to top up a deal for one of the big 4 this year.

Which is fine if Tim Sim isn't in long term plans and we can cover him this year.

So we lose Simona and Rankin gets to keep his spot in first grade.
Just wonderful.

@cktiger said:
Just wonderful.

I'd like to keep Simona, but he is a player who would offer value to alot of clubs and is therefore sellable.

If the club needs to free up some space, it is going to find it very hard to sell our trash!

@Tiger Watto said:
@cktiger said:
Just wonderful.

I'd like to keep Simona, but he is a player who would offer value to alot of clubs and is therefore sellable.

If the club needs to free up some space, it is going to find it very hard to sell our trash!

Been saying that for a long time..you can only shop a player that another club wants

Simona is at a point in his career where he isn't going to get any better. He's solid without being great. We have a kid who some are rating as our best junior prospect ever, and Idris who is capable of anything. Sadly, Simona is standing in the way. Also i would assume Suli may take his place in the top 25 so no complaints from me.

@cktiger said:
Just wonderful.

Simona made more bone head mistakes than Rankin last year. Go figure.

@GNR4LIFE said:
Simona is at a point in his career where he isn't going to get any better. He's solid without being great. We have a kid who some are rating as our best junior prospect ever, and Idris who is capable of anything. Sadly, Simona is standing in the way. Also i would assume Suli may take his place in the top 25 so no complaints from me.

Hope your right but my guess Rankin will get the wing spot with Nagamia retaining his job in the centres

@supercoach said:
@GNR4LIFE said:

Hope your right but my guess Rankin will get the wing spot with Nagamia retaining his job in the centres

Yeah, if Suli is deemed ready and plays from rd 1 then I can understand this somewhat.
But as it stands, it just seems crazy - unless there's something else afoot.

I just dont get the hate that tim is coping, most of u blokes talk thought your arse, he may make a few mistakes but we don't have anything better. he is a great attacking player and like some of the others in are side suffer from a weak forward pack, if we had some decent brackrowers blokes like tim, brooks and moses would have a easier time. get of the blokes back, and if suli is ready for ist grade that may allow idris to play back row and at least give us some size.

@bp tiger said:
I just dont get the hate that tim is coping, most of u blokes talk thought your arse, he may make a few mistakes but we don't have anything better. he is a great attacking player and like some of the others in are side suffer from a weak forward pack, if we had some decent brackrowers blokes like tim, brooks and moses would have a easier time. get of the blokes back, and if suli is ready for ist grade that may allow idris to play back row and at least give us some size.

Well written bp. Simona is our best centre, a fine player and is low maintenance.

Lovett pleaded guilty to possession - so Tigers can now tear up his contract, if so Tigers get to keep Simona.

It has been reported that Jamal will start in the centres this season, so will that be with Simona or Naiqama. Then we have Moses Suli, the kid is 18 yrs young, 6'2' 106kgs plenty of power can play centres or wing. So 2 in the backline are going to miss out.

Nofoaluma, Idris, Simona, Naiqama, Suli, or Rankin. If Rankin isn't selected then Mitchell Moses will have the kicking responsibilities. Suli is on $1.3m for three seasons, if he's good enough, he's old enough. I'd start him on the wing.

My backline would be: 1\. Tedesco. 2\. Nofoaluma 3\. Idris 4\. Simona 5\. Suli 6\. Moses 7\. Brooks

@GNR4LIFE said:
@cktiger said:
Just wonderful.

Simona did make some poor decisions but he's miles ahead of Rankin.
The only reason we aren't shopping Rankin around is because nobody wants him …. except us.

@cktiger said:
@GNR4LIFE said:
@cktiger said:
Just wonderful.

Simona did make some poor decisions but he's miles ahead of Rankin.
The only reason we aren't shopping Rankin around is because nobody wants him …. except us.

Or maybe because the money he's on wouldn't be enough to get us under.

Rankin doesn't deserve the hate either. Poor bloke played out of position for the whole year and didn't actually do a half bad job.

With our backs being a bit more stacked, I wouldn't be surprised to see Taylor move rankin back to depth for the spine.

Latest posts

Back