Simona on the move

@hammertime said:
Rankin doesn't deserve the hate either. Poor bloke played out of position for the whole year and didn't actually do a half bad job.

With our backs being a bit more stacked, I wouldn't be surprised to see Taylor move rankin back to depth for the spine.

I don't understand the hate for Rankin. He did a more than solid job.
He would have got my vote for most improved last year too.

@bp tiger said:
I just dont get the hate that tim is coping, most of u blokes talk thought your arse, he may make a few mistakes but we don't have anything better. he is a great attacking player and like some of the others in are side suffer from a weak forward pack, if we had some decent brackrowers blokes like tim, brooks and moses would have a easier time. get of the blokes back, and if suli is ready for ist grade that may allow idris to play back row and at least give us some size.

Makes sense. Another point is what happens if WT have injuries to their centres this year? A fit and quite capable Simona would certainly be a bonus.

Massive gamble when you think of it, I mean the Idris signing could go pear shape, I don't think it will but he has been out of the game for a while and when the mid season grind kicks in he might just say I have had enough. Once again you can only shop a player who is wanted elsewhere but Simona would not have been my sacrificial lamb

I don't know about known salary cap issues, sometimes these things pop up in the review of the books and the club comes clean. Many other clubs have done this, self-reported small cap breaches to the NRL.

Or other times there are assumptions made upon future decisions, for example sponsor exemptions or discounts on long-serving players, that are judged ineligible at the time and puts the club over the cap.

@cktiger said:
@GNR4LIFE said:
@cktiger said:
So we lose Simona and Rankin gets to keep his spot in first grade.
Just wonderful.

Simona made more bone head mistakes than Rankin last year. Go figure.

Simona did make some poor decisions but he's miles ahead of Rankin.
The only reason we aren't shopping Rankin around is because nobody wants him …. except us.

That is true, but why do we want him, seriously :crazy

Again - a crap thing to do to a player who was heavily pursued by other clubs and stuck with us. It may be business but it stinks on every level especially if it is to relieve salary cap pressure. We will find out soon enough.

Don't see why we'd move on Simona.

Suli is raw and would be unlikely to be able to play the whole season in first grade without a break. Naiqama had a lot of issues in defence last year and had lost some pace. Idris has potential to be our number one centre, but he's got to prove himself capable and get some runs on the board. Rankin's hardly a lock in to play all year either, but is solid if unspectacular.

We need Simona this season. Whether he gets re-signed or not may need to be determined during the season

@Balmain Boy said:
Don't see why we'd move on Simona.

Suli is raw and would be unlikely to be able to play the whole season in first grade without a break. Naiqama had a lot of issues in defence last year and had lost some pace. Idris has potential to be our number one centre, but he's got to prove himself capable and get some runs on the board. Rankin's hardly a lock in to play all year either, but is solid if unspectacular.

We need Simona this season. Whether he gets re-signed or not may need to be determined during the season

Simona had a bad year but has more talent in his left finger than Rankin. I get you can only move players that are in demand but if we don't sack Lovett and release Simona we are reverting back to Koro, Addo Carr type bone headed retention decisions.

1\. Hayne
2\. Vidot
3\. Hurrel
4\. Sarginson
5\. Simona
\
\
… Looks great.

@Novocastrian Tiger said:
Daily telegraph says we are looking at a swap deal for dale Copley from the roosters and Simona. Is that a big loss or gain?

If that was the case I would not complain,Copley had a average year last year but I think he has plenty of good football still ahead of him,where Iam not sure Simona's legs are in great shape

@Novocastrian Tiger said:
Daily telegraph says we are looking at a swap deal for dale Copley from the roosters and Simona. Is that a big loss or gain?

Just read that too. Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Copley is ordinary, and thought he was on more than Simona anyway. Not sure how that works

Can't understand that one either.
You'd think if one team had excess Forwards of NRL standard and another had excess Backs then a swap deal might be a win/win.
However Simona and Copley play in the same positions and are of comparable ability.
Can Copley kick???

Latest posts

Members online

Back