Stefano Utoikamanu extends until 2025..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Money isn’t going to be the issue for him. He’ll get good money regardless where he winds up. For a player like him, he’d be looking at where his best chance of playing finals and challenging for a premiership will be. That’s what I believe his manager would be telling him. Any manager worth their salt would. So if clubs like the Roosters and Storm are interested, we can’t compete with that.

I really don't understand the jumping on a bandwagon of a good club. Victories would just feel more hollow.

@hammertime said in [Stefano](/post/1524929) said:
I really don't understand the jumping on a bandwagon of a good club. Victories would just feel more hollow.

I'm sure the Roosters and Storms players strongly disagree haha, you play footy to win grand finals. I'd want to give myself the best chance of doing that

This season and how much improvement we show as a team will come into it. Also knowing who the coach will be will help. There’s no need for him to rush a decision at this stage. We’d be a good shot if he is happy and can see us on the rise

Easy to say that as a supporter with an emotional connection to an unsuccessful club. Professional athletes have a different mindset. They’re not in it for the emotion.

Can't compete against the Roosters they always get their man. While ever people make excuses for how they operate under the same rules as every other club, yet can continuosly field and retain superior squads in talent and depth, and pick the eyes out of the best talent at other clubs, expect more of the same.

Ahahahahah yeah winning a GF feels really bad….. week to week wins isn’t why you go to those clubs its a chance at a GF is why you do.

Top athletes want to play at top clubs.

If there's any truth to it, and I was in his position, I'd go. Tigers are at BEST 2-3 years from being competitive.

@moh said in [Stefano](/post/1524951) said:

Top athletes want to play at top clubs.

If there's any truth to it, and I was in his position, I'd go. Tigers are at BEST 2-3 years from being competitive.

We have bought well so far for 2023. Assuming we can build on that with another 3-5 decent first graders, the top 8 should be a serious expectation from next season on...

I think if you do that it's a sure sign you will never be a champion player.

@earl said in [Stefano](/post/1524961) said:

Disagree with this.

Tedesco is a perfect example.

@kingrobbie said in [Stefano](/post/1524965) said:

Disagree with this.

I was going to use Tedesco as an example of the point I'm making. The guy could only do well in a top team.

If he had stayed with the Tigers and led us to the finals etc then he would be a champion.

I get that people can view the same situation differently. Tedesco is a guy with a tonne of ability to play footy but he'll never be a champion in my eyes.

@earl said in [Stefano](/post/1524967) said:

Disagree with this.

I was going to use Tedesco as an example of the point I'm making. The guy could only do well in a top team.

If he had stayed with the Tigers and led us to the finals etc then he would be a champion.

I get that people can view the same situation differently. Tedesco is a guy with a tonne of ability to play footy but he'll never be a champion in my eyes.

I get what you're saying.

Not like a Thurston who lead his team to the promised land.

@demps said in [Stefano](/post/1524970) said:

Disagree with this.

Lead?
He dragged them mate....
He's one in a generation, Such a competitor....

Disagree with this.

Ah yep, understand what you mean.

And yeah, I just view it a bit differently in that he saw a more successful and lucrative career for himself at the Roosters, went there and has already achieved pretty much everything there is to achieve in the game before the age of 30 (Dally M, 2 premierships etc.).

I understand the thinking behind players taking that route, or the Thurston or Gallen route.

Disagree with this.

Well that makes you a poor judge Earl.
He made Origin playing with us.

@batboy said in [Stefano](/post/1524971) said:

Disagree with this.

Lead?
He dragged them mate....

But even when he was playing with them Cowboys still struggled not hating on JT he really was legendary but Cowboys have been struggling for years and he led them to a premiership he’s the reason they won Tedesco while he’s a freak don’t get me wrong he joined one of the most successful teams in the competition and won a premiership heck they might have still won if he wasn’t there they are just successful but if Tedesco or someone of his caliber was here and led us to a GF win that person would definitely be considered a champion to lead a team that’s struggled and win the competition going to the Roosters or Storm doesn’t make you a champion on average every 5 years I guarantee both clubs will have won a premiership

Disagree with this.

Lead?
He dragged them mate....

Fair assessment, lol...

Not many left like him.
Hoping AD can be.

@glenji95 said in [Stefano](/post/1524975) said:

Disagree with this.

Lead?
He dragged them mate....

But even when he was playing with them Cowboys still struggled not hating on JT he really was legendary but Cowboys have been struggling for years and he led them to a premiership he’s the reason they won Tedesco while he’s a freak don’t get me wrong he joined one of the most successful teams in the competition and won a premiership heck they might have still won if he wasn’t there they are just successful but if Tedesco or someone of his caliber was here and led us to a GF win that person would definitely be considered a champion to lead a team that’s struggled and win the competition going to the Roosters or Storm doesn’t make you a champion on average every 5 years I guarantee both clubs will have won a premiership

Teddy was almost a single hand in dragging the 2021 Roosters to the finals. Had he been missing, they would have ended up near us.

@stryker-69 said in [Stefano](/post/1524978) said:
@glenji95 said in [Stefano](/post/1524975) said:

Disagree with this.

Lead?
He dragged them mate....

Teddy was almost a single hand in dragging the 2021 Roosters to the finals. Had he been missing, they would have ended up near us.

Like I said he’s talented and a freak but he just happened to join one of the most successful clubs and happened to win 2 premierships if he was still at the Tigers and led them to a premiership he would then be considered a champion unless you’re a Roosters or Storm fan most of the other fans wouldn’t say those players are champions they just happened to join one of the most successful clubs and win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back