Taylorball

@happy tiger said:
@hobbo2803 said:
@innsaneink said:
Some people cant see the difference between tackling, and defense

And some people don't understand we don't have the squad to implement a hard core defensive structure !

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

So don't worry about any defensive structure Hobbo ??

I'm not saying that , what I'm saying is if we had for example …Waerea Hargreaves / mat scott / beau scott / wade Graham in our pack you , me , everyone would expect a hard core defensive structures !
We have washed up players / plodders and a heap of youth to contend with . What taylor was trying to achieve with this group was a failure IMO .
Or the players are really dumb !
I know we're not going to achieve superman defence from the get go , but what Taylor was trying to achieve with our inexperience was like raking up leaves in a tornado IMO .

@hobbo2803 said:
@happy tiger said:
@hobbo2803 said:
@innsaneink said:

And some people don't understand we don't have the squad to implement a hard core defensive structure !

So don't worry about any defensive structure Hobbo ??

I'm not saying that , what I'm saying is if we had for example …Waerea Hargreaves / mat scott / beau scott / wade Graham in our pack you , me , everyone would expect a hard core defensive structures !
We have washed up players / plodders and a heap of youth to contend with . What taylor was trying to achieve with this group was a failure IMO .
Or the players are really dumb !
I know we're not going to achieve superman defence from the get go , but what Taylor was trying to achieve with our inexperience was like raking up leaves in a tornado IMO .

:master:

@Eddie said:
The players went to Taylor a few weeks ago and asked for changes to the style of footy they were playing. This has been widely reported and even Brooks and Moses spoke about it in a recent interview.

This was gossiped about before the Brisbane game in the media (even on here IIRC), but as you say, Brooks and Moses confirmed it when they were on Sterlo last week.

The improvement is there for all to see. Its gradually coming together …..... just takes time as JT said.

@ricksen said:
@Eddie said:
The players went to Taylor a few weeks ago and asked for changes to the style of footy they were playing. This has been widely reported and even Brooks and Moses spoke about it in a recent interview.

This was gossiped about before the Brisbane game in the media (even on here IIRC), but as you say, Brooks and Moses confirmed it when they were on Sterlo last week.

http://www.weststigersforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=24806

@happy tiger said:
@Geo. said:
This is funny stuff…...shame I ran out of popcorn... :cry:

You've been tagged in , put the Mars Bar down

Your opinion now :wink:

Geo has a numb arse from sitting on the fence :roll

@hobbo2803 said:
@innsaneink said:

Garbage.

It takes time

Defense can be taught.
Natural talent and speed…at this level...cant

@innsaneink said:
@hobbo2803 said:
@innsaneink said:

Garbage.

It takes time

Defense can be taught.

Defence is taught from under 6's .

The big problem I guess with 2016 and the rule changes is how structures will change again and how we cope with those changes

When you are tired its a struggle to get numbers in tackles , yet size will help dominating in tackles and giving your defence team to reset

@foreveratiger said:
@innsaneink said:
@hobbo2803 said:
@innsaneink said:

Garbage.

It takes time

Defense can be taught.

Or as I posted earlier the players are really dumb !

@happy tiger said:
The big problem I guess with 2016 and the rule changes is how structures will change again and how we cope with those changes

When you are tired its a struggle to get numbers in tackles , yet size will help dominating in tackles and giving your defence team to reset

I don't think it'll change to much with the 8 interchange rule , if and when it goes to 6 it'll change .

@foreveratiger said:
@innsaneink said:
@hobbo2803 said:
@innsaneink said:

Garbage.

It takes time

Defense can be taught.

Tackling is taught from Under 6's FT

You can try all you like with defensive structures even at Under 12/13's but it goes out the window the minute the kids get out there and get fatigued

Hobbo will have seen it every week , they stop moving up , they stop talking and if one side does move up the other doesn't

happy

These guys are Professionals that is all they do and are paid accordingly .
The Video Ref allows them to get there breath back every 5-10 minutes + all the interchanges they have . Don't buy that .

Some of our players tackling technique is laughable with Brooks head of the que .

@happy tiger said:
@foreveratiger said:
@innsaneink said:
@hobbo2803 said:

Garbage.

It takes time

Defense can be taught.

You can try all you like with defensive structures even at Under 12/13's but it goes out the window the minute the kids get out there and get fatigued

Hobbo will have seen it every week , they stop moving up , they stop talking and if one side does move up the other doesn't

This year has been different for the under 11's since Hobbo got his league safe trainers ticket !
For the last six weeks all we've focused on is goal line defence and moving up in one straight line and its paid of in dividends !

Before that we adopted the JT defensive policy and we looked like shot ducks !
:roll

@hobbo2803 said:
@happy tiger said:
@foreveratiger said:
@innsaneink said:
Garbage.

It takes time

Defense can be taught.

This year has been different for the under 11's since Hobbo got his league safe trainers ticket !
For the last six weeks all we've focused on is goal line defence and moving up in one straight line and its paid of in dividends !

Oh here we go

Hobbo's become the master coach :master: :laughing:

@happy tiger said:
@hobbo2803 said:
@happy tiger said:
@foreveratiger said:

Oh here we go

Hobbo's become the master coach :master: :laughing:

There's not pointing barking orders from the sideline with the mums happy :laughing:
I thought with your repetuare you'd me more hands on :laughing:

Back