THE BOARD - Tell them what you think of their performance, now!

IDGAF about bhan mi. I used it as an example.
I'm not pocket checking other people either,
I hope they live long prosperous lifes.
I mentioned earlier I would feel the same
if it was all european/turkish/Arab shops.
Nobodies having a sook, I'm just talking
about what I see and how I feel about it
That's where you went wrong.
Only one way of thinking and feeling is acceptable in this wonderful new world.
All other thoughts and feelings will be confiscated.

You also have to respect the bloke's google skills at tracking down Viet. bakeries and butcher shops.
I can't rule out that he once passed through Ashfield on a train though.

Possibly the company that was liquidated to form a new company.

The Phoenix has landed . . . . . . . . . . . . on our shorts.

I could be wrong but that was what I thought was being inferred.
Possibly.
I was thinking something worse but that’s probably accurate.

Me 2. I'm on first name basis with my Mayor
the honarable John Faker. It's hand shakes
and love. Your reading what you want to
read rhianna fan, I'm just stating my opinion
Know him well.

Development goes above Burwood council.....straight to NSW govt. Population is planned to triple in Burwood in 20 years. Think Hornsby for template. Like we need the numbers.....it was buzzing and thriving in the 70s phark.

So it will be different again .

For a decent butcher try combo butcher/ fish shop( I know not the best) behind Burwood Pl leading to Belmore st. Ask for stuff they sell at clubs. But really Ashfield mall has Woolies/Coles and a good butcher.

But for everything go Roselands.

And it is pertaining to this thread with demographic changes in Wests Tigers area.

Goimg from the board to bakeries. We’d have probably been better off having Vicky from Flamin Roll run our joint for the last decade.

But this is the Wests Tigers demographic.

With these changes what does that do for our future juniors base in the inner west as well as prospective fans and sponsors.?

Will Rugby League still be big in Sydney?

The new board will no doubt take this into account.

Know him well.

Development goes above Burwood council.....straight to NSW govt. Population is planned to triple in Burwood in 20 years. Think Hornsby for template. Like we need the numbers.....it was buzzing and thriving in the 70s phark.

For a decent butcher try combo butcher/ fish shop( I know not the best) behind Burwood Pl leading to Belmore st. Ask for stuff they sell at clubs. But really Ashfield mall has Woolies/Coles and a good butcher.

And it is pertaining to this thread with demographic changes in Wests Tigers area.

Yeah bro John is a good man 👌🏽

Sally Sitou is a good honest woman too,
I know that spot well. I'm there every day haha.

The security guard Alfredo is Mexican, in the plaza, he's my man, that's papi

We should link up if you're that close Lmao

Know him well.

Okay. Barry O'Farrell gears up for a tough job. Reads this thread and goes:

I need to change the demographics of Burwood too?

Seriously, ever notice how many Roosters fans there are now? It used to be that Roosters had next to no supporters. Now their membership has grown and it has grown in part from Asian Australians.

Why don't us Tigers do an Asian style tiger jersey?
Thinking All black with a gold chinese tiger on both sides. I reckon it would look sick*.

* I fully recognise this would butcher our team and colours. But heck most jersey designs these days do. Did we have a Wolverine style jersey when they did the marvel superheroes one?

Wests League Club (Leumeah) withdrew from Wests Tigers in 2013 when Wests Magpies (including Ashfield & Leumeah Leagues Clubs) & Balmain Tigers ownership was 50/50.

The ownership proportions have changed since. Wests Magpies Pty Ltd, majority owned by HBG, are 90% owners of Wests Tigers. HBG operate licensed clubs in the inner west. They don't have anything to do with Wests League Club (Leumeah).

Under the above arrangement, I can't see any venue in the Campbelltown/Macarthur area being a full-time training, or game day base for the NRL organisation, unless Wests League and HBG unite in some way. I think there is still some resentment between the two organisations and HBG would be loathe to assist Wests League in any way with 10-12 home games on their door step. There is probably a lot of politics still at play.

I also think HBG understand the importance of continuing to recognise the heritage of Balmain Tigers. They have become Holman 'Barnes', and made subtle changes to their colours at Ashfield. Leichhardt Oval is extremely important to the heritage of Balmain, and Wests Tigers. I think the review included recommendations to continue to honour the heritage of both foundation clubs, however I don't know how specifically.

Relax,

I'm sure the new board will sort everything. :)

We will be in their capable hands.

Remember too that the base around WA is also part of Magpies/ WT heritage and identity.

Interesting you mentioned the HBG. Many on here pushed for so called independent directors as part of the review. Many seemed to dislike so called Magpies control....but it wasn't. The HBG is a new inclusive entity. Thing is the HBG is independent from from both Wests and Balmain but inclusive of them. Sure the HBG is controlled by Wests but that is only because Balmain unfortunately isn't financial.

And by the way how do you know anything about the so called reviews recommendations ?

Last edited:
You'd have to be nuts buying something anything built in the last 25 years...
And it's not just apartments

📸 Watch this video on Facebook

My old company managed Opal towers in Olympic park... That places reputation has turned to shit & those owners have lost millions.... Who'd buy there now?
The repair bill is now in excess of $50m

Aost 5 years to the day

How do these bastards get away with this sort of thing.
Innocent people's lives ruined.
The head dude responsible for this atrocious building workmanship has to be jailed for this.

How do these bastards get away with this sort of thing.
Innocent people's lives ruined.
The head dude responsible for this atrocious building workmanship has to be jailed for this.

The main problems are because the industry was allowed to become "self regulated"in NSW by the LNP state government,you should never put control of an industry in the hands of the same people wanting to make money from that indusrty.A terrible mistake was made at the time

The main problems are because the industry was allowed to become "self regulated"in NSW by the LNP state government,you should never put control of an industry in the hands of the same people wanting to make money from that indusrty.A terrible mistake was made at the time
That's true,

But de regulation type events are normally created by governments because they forsee massive growth in an industry due to parallel initiatives they create, in this case massive above trend immigration.

Sorta like turning a blind eye for a while.......build anything because we are mass immigrating.

Conversly, when we see over regulation, red tape etc they are going the other way on an industry.

It stinks.

We've been rate payers at Burwood council for decades.....nobody consulted us whether we like 40 story flats in the suburb.

But so much for democracy.

Last edited:
It's been rumored or suggested for a long time that the building industry in the big centres at least, has to an extent been controlled by undesirables.
How could any govt. let it be controlled/"self-regulated" by them.
Sure was "a terrible mistake" jt:

Latest posts

Back