The Shepherd

alistair

What a bizarre decision from the video ref. Understand the guy on the ground seeing Big Kev go through and Robbie behind him and wondering what role it played, but surely the match winning try deserves a little more analysis, and plainly there was no obstruction.

That said… if you blow a 22 nil lead to put the game back in the ref's hands, you get what's coming to you.

If you run behind a decoy you run the risk of being penalised. A dumb play by a player smart enough to know better.

@Marshall_magic said:
If you run behind a decoy you run the risk of being penalised. A dumb play by a player smart enough to know better.

Absolutely. Basic rule.

Looks like there'll be no lucky saves this year.

Team's going to have to learn how to close a win on their own two feet, with a bit extra to the margin to be sure, because there isn't going to be any help from the refs.

@gallagher said:
@Marshall_magic said:

Absolutely. Basic rule.

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

I'm much more concerned by some weak ass efforts in defence that gave them momentum and changed the game. Cueing Woods and Sue

Fair enough if he got in the road but he was half way to the Orange Grove pub when Farah went behind him. It's a very technical decision if it's right and there are plenty of other technical penalties not enforced.

I fully expect the normal "we was robbed" response from the Tigers.

As the commentators were noting that Robbie Farah was teasing Croker about his history of important missed kicks against us, I was musing that Croker had played mature, responsible, mistake free footy to lead his team back from an impending thrashing, and wondering about whether a Tigers side with a player with that maturity and responsibility would cough up a 22 point lead.

We had some good performers today, but there is an abject lack of accountability and leadership that kills us at times.

@gallagher said:
@Marshall_magic said:

Absolutely. Basic rule.

No its not. It hasnt been in the rule book for about 20 years. The rule is now whether a defender is impeded. If no defender is impeded, then it is play on.

Obstruction is always a question of interpretation. IMO that one was clearly wrong. But cant blame the refs when we give up a 22-0 lead.

@MacDougall said:
Not as bad as the fact they called the last on the 4th tackle in the second last set of six.[/quote

I THOUGHT IT WAS one short.Are you certain it was 1 short?????caps sorry.

@southerntiger said:
@gallagher said:
@Marshall_magic said:

Absolutely. Basic rule.

No its not. It hasnt been in the rule book for about 20 years. The rule is now whether a defender is impeded. If no defender is impeded, then it is play on.

Obstruction is always a question of interpretation. IMO that one was clearly wrong. But cant blame the refs when we give up a 22-0 lead.

Pure crap I'm afraid.

You can't run behind you're own player.the obstruction rule is a different rule

The ridiculous part of this decision is that I bet the referee wouldn't have had the balls to blow a penalty if brooks was tackled even 1cm short of the line it would have been 6 again zero tackle.

Do away with the video red bring in the captain challenge make the referee make the call live on the run if either captain thinks the call made is wrong challenge it.

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

@MacDougall said:
Not as bad as the fact they called the last on the 4th tackle in the second last set of six.

Yeah I thought that too on the fly - the scoreboard thought it was only the 4th tackle as well - Will have to rewind and check that out.

Back