Wests Tigers and the finals

**After 17 Rounds**

**CURRENT:** 22 points (3rd).
**TARGET:** 30 points.
**NEEDED:** 4 wins needed from 9 Games (44.44%)

**2009:** 14 points (14th). Finished 28 points (9th). [Cutoff: 29 points]
**2008:** 18 points (10th). Finished 26 points (10th). [Cutoff: 30 points]
**2007:** 20 points (5th). Finished 24 points (9th). [Cutoff: 24 points]

@steven_tiger said:
Gee we finished off '07 in poor form. Fair dinkum. And the cutoff was only 24.

We are well placed.

Didn't we just. Remember the last match v 2nd last placed newcastle? we led 24 - 14 with 10 minutes to go but managed to lose 26-24\. I left Telstra Stadium at the end of the game but before the players left the field (i never do that). I was so despondent as I walked the perimeter and to the train. i had a tear in my eye as i lamented what could/should have been. I was shattered.

Another step closer tonight. I'm so happy this morning. Can't talk, I screamed myself stupid at the game. Bring on the Cows.

@prattenpark said:
@steven_tiger said:

We are well placed.

Didn't we just. Remember the last match v 2nd last placed newcastle? we led 24 - 14 with 10 minutes to go but managed to lose 26-24\. I left Telstra Stadium at the end of the game but before the players left the field (i never do that). I was so despondent as I walked the perimeter and to the train. i had a tear in my eye as i lamented what could/should have been. I was shattered.

that was the night of my GF's 21st birthday…..i went home from it early......

@ron burgandy said:
@prattenpark said:
@steven_tiger said:

We are well placed.

that was the night of my GF's 21st birthday…..i went home from it early......

Your dating a girl 17 years younger than you???

Everytime I use that nrl.com finals calculator it fails to correctly tally competition points. Does anyone else get this? Could be a browser issue. Using Firefox 3.6.6.

Just playing with scenarios. It is possible for us to lose the rest of our games and still finish 5th. Now to see how low we could finish…

And it's possible for us to finish 15th still too…

We're a good chance to win all our remaining games. Its now a matter of where we finish in the semis rather than if we will make it.

We are on 28 points, 6 points clear of 9th.

I think we have made the finals, considering all the teams competing for the 8 seem to be playing each other in the next month.

YAY!

@steven_tiger said:
I'd still like to win at least one more match to make sure… this week against the Bunnies would be great!

I reckon we will win at least 3 games before the Finals…(Souths, Parra, Storm)
:sign:

It is still possible for us to finish as low as 13th. That would be highly unlikely but it does illustrate that we are not locked in to the semis yet.

all pressure is off if we can beat the bunnies this weekend
\
\
a loss and we are looking over our shoulder again

We will beat the bunnies IMO. I am very confident this week. We got smashed by them in round 1 and they are well below full strength and i think we are really overdue for a good 80 minute performance. Tigers by 20

Back