WESTS TIGERS - COACH IVAN CLEARY..OFFICIAL

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Nothing has been announced re Hasler, so id be making a late play for him before he puts pen to paper with the Dogs. It would take serious overs to lure him, possibly upwards of a million a season, but the club needs an established coach with a long history of finals. Its non negotiable.

Hasler is tough but yesterday's coach imo.
Hasn't been working for a while and will leave Canterbury in a mess in regards to an unbalanced squad taking years to sort.

Hoping Cleary or even Toovey both with plenty of experience but fitting in to our culture and squad with a balanced tactical approach to attack and defence and guys who l believe will bring guys to our club something Hasler hasn't been doing at the dogs to well lately.

But hopefully within 2 weeks as this season is still very much alive.
Glad they moved on Taylor early,why wait another 2 months. A useful coach but not for us.
At the end of the day we came hear promising defence and consist results but didn't deliver and we lost a lot of players including a club legend and he didn't bring in much re new players.

The Dogs really got thrown by losing Hodgkinson I think , and some players can take time to replace , especially if there isn't a great deal on the market

They mentioned last night that one club was targeting all four players Moses ,Brooks ,Tedesco and Woods

Wonder who it is if true ??

While culture is a bit of a Furphy as far as football clubs are concerned(the only cultures I can see is Winning Or Losing), and of course in some clubs at times , a drug Culture.
If there is a magical "Culture" I'd rather our new Coach brought his own , rather than fit into ours. Which is hardly anything to crow about.
I just hope he can Coach

Hoping we can appoint cleary asap. From a PR point of view it might look better if it takes a few weeks but in terms of the best thing for the team the sooner the better

Dessie will come cheaper now.

I would certainly have Hasler before Cleary. I also think Hasler would like some creativity to coach too. We have that, all he needs to do is fix our terrible defense

The dogs don't normally sit on their hands when things are going wrong. They might be having a look at Cleary aswell.

@ said:
The dogs don't normally sit on their hands when things are going wrong. They might be having a look at Cleary aswell.

Agree a lot can change quickly.

@ said:

Then we'll take Des.

Dessie has really lost it at the Dogs in the past 3 years- he's had a good roster, but he can't get them firing. I don't know what the problem is, Hasler is a good coach.

Well its all happening in the coaching department at the NRL….wouldn't surprise me if we pick up Desmond.

I can't believe after leading the mighty Under 13 Suns to an unbeaten season and a GF victory in the Div 3 Gladstone Basketball League that Go and Pascoe haven't rung yet

Bloody hell it was 7 hours ago , what's the hold up ??

Get your act together , organize my flights and get your cheque books out , the NBA will be here shortly

@ said:
I can't believe after leading the mighty Under 13 Suns to an unbeaten season and a GF victory in the Div 3 Gladstone Basketball League that Go and Pascoe haven't rung yet

Get your act together , organize my flights and get your cheque books out , the NBA will be here shortly

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but they will never ring…...........your balls are the wrong shape !

@ said:
@ said:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but they will never ring…...........your balls are the wrong shape !

But they are bigger!

Canterbury Bulldogs on verge of sacking head coach Des Hasler
Phil Rothfield, Sports editor-at-large, The Sunday Telegraph Not sure about how to post the link

@ said:
Phil Rothfield, Sports editor-at-large, The Sunday Telegraph Not sure about how to post the link

That should take the heat of us for a while,better the dogs being torn apart in the media than us.Even if it is true at this stage i would prefer Cleary as coach

The tiges and dogs are like mirror images of each other. They have forwards with no ability in the halves, we have halves, but no go forward to assist them. Probably for the backs at both clubs, the less said the better.

@ said:
@ said:

That should take the heat of us for a while,better the dogs being torn apart in the media than us.Even if it is true at this stage i would prefer Cleary as coach

I think I would prefer Cleary too, Des is a good coach but he has always had money and players, Cleary has performed with a not so good roster. With our club as it is now I think Cleary is a better fit.

Latest posts

Back