Wests Tigers Coaches

If we bring Sheens in as coach we may as well get Hoppa, Senter, Johnny Whitelegs, Fitzy and the rest of the gang in as well.
It's like the club is an inbred family, with the commensurate intelligence of one, if that's what the 'plan' is.

Back a legend of the game

Or an internet forum hall of famer?
You asked earlier why some don’t like him.
I am not a fan because I think he accidentally won the premiership in 05, yet failed to recognise this and capitalise upon it. Instead of using the success to leverage better talent to join the squad and elevate the young guns he’d unearthed, he backed in-house development of these juniors which resulted in the lowering of their ceilings. After losing key members of that 05 squad the year after the triumph, they had to be replaced with like for like, if not better. They weren’t. This lack of foresight set us back 5 years and pretty much wasted the best years of Marshall and Farah. When he finally got with the program and brought in external talent, we returned to the finals.
He made crazy decisions roster wise which did not payoff, one of the worst being the attempted development of Morris and Marshall as halfbacks.
His lack of any success since 2011 leads me to believe his time is up yet we are pinning hopes on him to turn around a ship full of disillusioned and low quality talent? I don’t see why this will work.

I am not a fan because I think he accidentally won the premiership in 05, yet failed to recognise this and capitalise upon it. Instead of using the success to leverage better talent to join the squad and elevate the young guns he’d unearthed, he backed in-house development of these juniors which resulted in the lowering of their ceilings. After losing key members of that 05 squad the year after the triumph, they had to be replaced with like for like, if not better. They weren’t. This lack of foresight set us back 5 years and pretty much wasted the best years of Marshall and Farah. When he finally got with the program and brought in external talent, we returned to the finals.
He made crazy decisions roster wise which did not payoff, one of the worst being the attempted development of Morris and Marshall as halfbacks.
His lack of any success since 2011 leads me to believe his time is up yet we are pinning hopes on him to turn around a ship full of disillusioned and low quality talent? I don’t see why this will work.
Stryer I like banter but let’s keep it real.
how can someone accidentally win a comp.
since you think like that, I have one question
Who was the last unlucky team to win a comp?

Roster is the problem always has been always will be.
And while we dance around pretending that we have so many great options and the next coach will have all the answers other clubs -most stronger than ours - are strengthening their squads for next year, while also playing for the aim to play finals footy this year.
Even the Warriors are signing players without appointing a coach!
The blind faith in Sheens just as frustrating he is either head of football or coach he can't be both.

The concerns raised at something that hasn't yet occurred are amusing.

I basically agree with Stryker on Sheens but at the same time I don't think it matters. I think the idea of relying on the coach and blaming the coach for all the issues is simplistic and stupid and if true shows an unprofessional environment.

We should have systems in place to stop a coach dominating all decisions and stuffing things up ala Cleary and to a lesser extent the great JT.

Sheens to me recently has said some really stupid things:-

1. The coach gets to pick the squad. This is exactly how we stuffed up with Clearly.
2. We want a development coach. To be fair I get the impression he has basically changed his tune on this bit of nonsense.

I've been stating for a while we are at a critical time where the club can screw themselves. We have cap space and we have a bunch of players gunning for the halves role. The club needs to make good decisions now.

I don't trust Sheens at all but the proof will be next year and the year after.

I basically agree with Stryker on Sheens but at the same time I don't think it matters. I think the idea of relying on the coach and blaming the coach for all the issues is simplistic and stupid and if true shows an unprofessional environment.

We should have systems in place to stop a coach dominating all decisions and stuffing things up ala Cleary and to a lesser extent the great JT.

Sheens to me recently has said some really stupid things:-

1. The coach gets to pick the squad. This is exactly how we stuffed up with Clearly.
2. We want a development coach. To be fair I get the impression he has basically changed his tune on this bit of nonsense.

I've been stating for a while we are at a critical time where the club can screw themselves. We have cap space and we have a bunch of players gunning for the halves role. The club needs to make good decisions now.

I don't trust Sheens at all but the proof will be next year and the year after.
I agree with tigermaniac; you don't accidentally win a competition. Anything Stryker wrote after that is frankly irrelevant.

Last edited:

How dare you bring facts, reason and common sense to this discussion! The bootlicking clan will not like this at all.

Didn't you hear? The club knows exactly what they are doing and we should blindly support them /s

Regardless of the identity of the new coach Tragic will be there Com kis myne ars

I agree with tigermaniac; you don't accidentally win a competition. Anything Stryker wrote after that is frankly irrelevant.
All coaches win competitions on the back of good rosters - Sheens and Maguire and the rest. Blind faith in one over the other counts for little if neither have a roster capable of winning

How dare you bring facts, reason and common sense to this discussion! The bootlicking clan will not like this at all.

Didn't you hear? The club knows exactly what they are doing and we should blindly support them /s
facts, how could you go past the opening lines.
go grab some nuggets

I don’t think sheens will be here in 3 years time. The board has just provided a buffer between them and decisions being made. If it fails blame sheens (not the board). Very disappointing decisions been made so far, sacking coach without a replacement, releasing players with no depth and telling the world we have a single coach in mind etc etc.
only time will tell The outcome

Back