Wests Tigers Coaches

Surley the club takes a good look at its self after this and asks itself why don’t any notable coaches want to come here?
Finny I can’t see that happening. The last person to run a review on himself got sacked following the reviews recommendations.

Tim Sheens 'signs to coach Wests Tigers' as Benji Marshall wants role​

Shayne Bugden For Daily Mail Australia - 3h ago

1657680078157.png
Wests head of football Tim Sheens has reportedly agreed to coach the club once again after taking the Tigers to their one and only premiership win when he led the club from 2003 to 2012.
The highly respected 71-year-old will take the role for two years and mentor possible successors like Brett Kimmorley, according to a report on SEN radio.
Club legend Benji Marshall has also said he would love to coach the side in the future as he revealed running an NRL side would be a 'dream' for him.
© Provided by Daily MailSheens is a revered figure at Wests after leading the club to the 2005 premiership
'We are of the understanding that Tim Sheens has actually agreed to terms to coach the Wests Tigers over a two-year period,' SEN's Michelle Bishop reported on Wednesday morning.
'I still believe that Benji Marshall and Robbie Farah will be working in and around (the club). Their lifestyles don't suit signing on with the coaching staff full time.
'Robbie's got a few businesses and Benji Marshall has got a fair bit happening on the outside.'
Asked whether he could become the Tigers head coach one day, Marshall told Fox Sports' NRL 360 program he'd love to make the move.

Marshall wants to be an NRL head coach, ideally at the club where he became a superstar - but he admits he needs mentoring before making the jump.
The club legend has plenty going on outside football - such as winning this year's series of Celebrity Apprentice Australia (pictured) - but coaching is his 'dream'
'Not any time soon, but the dream for me would be to be an NRL coach and at the Wests Tigers would be the ideal situation,' he said on Tuesday night.

'Obviously it has been reported that Tim Sheens is going to get the job and mentor someone.
'If the opportunity was for me to be mentored under him with a pathway to become a head coach, it is something I would definitely consider.'
Sheens and Marshall formed a premiership-winning combination when they took the Tigers to a stunning grand final victory in 2005 and have remained close ever since.
Wests are currently being led by interim coach Brett Kimmorley since the club parted ways with Michael Maguire after his reign from 2019 to June 6 this year produced just 29 wins from 80 games.
Other coaches in waiting like Shane Flanagan have been connected to the vacant role after the Tigers failed to sign highly rated Penrith Panthers assistant Cameron Ciraldo earlier this month.

I clarified who the 4 were.

Im not having a go at Tigerap, I have no beef with him, but I come here to share this information and a handful of people come here including Tigerap & Pom to say I was lying. Others said I was FOS. As you can all see, I wasnt lying nor am I FOS.

I have no problem with the Pom saying I was wrong, like I said I know who he is and he is legit but he didnt have all the info, I did. I dont know who Tigerap is.

I expect people to say Im wrong or full of it, thats the nature of forums, but to try to take credit for my information when you previously said it was not true is a bit rich.
I don't normally address this directly but I'll gladly put my hand up & say I was wrong in relation to Morris getting the job. Things have changed massively in the last 72 hours but also to clarify Morris was not formally offered the job nor did he knock it back, discussions never advanced.

Credit to @CloudyGlock for the good oil on this one.

I know it's a running joke on here but I'd expect confirmation by Friday (48hrs)

If Sheens gets a 2 year deal, then if we're lucky we have about 6 months before the instability and frenzied speculation over who replaces him kicks in. You need a coach lined up well before the 2 years is up. will it be back to Noddy? Ask Cameron again and hope he says yes this time? Surely we are not dumb enough to install Blues Bunny Benji in 2 years, there would be media leaks on an hourly basis.

If by some miracle Sheens does whip the roster into some shape where we are competitive, Ciraldo should be deliberately left off the call register. Will only prove that he's a downhill skier who wants everything in place for him with zero effort required. Would rather claim others' legacy as his than build his own.

I don't normally address this directly but I'll gladly put my hand up & say I was wrong in relation to Morris getting the job. Things have changed massively in the last 72 hours but also to clarify Morris was not formally offered the job nor did he knock it back, discussions never advanced.

I know it's a running joke on here but I'd expect confirmation by Friday (48hrs)

I defer to the actual OG. @THE_POM , too legit to quit.

There is a reason Michael Clarke turned down the opportunity to be on our board. It's because he does not want his name associated with this clown show.

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Why did we not chase Morris harder?

Good to see POM on , POM do you have any info on players we are looking at and how is the Papi story of not wanting to come to tigers , will sheens as coach sort this out

Good to see POM on , POM do you have any info on players we are looking at and how is the Papi story of not wanting to come to tigers , will sheens as coach sort this out
Fair to say the "noise" coming around this is majorly from the Eels side, hence the counter article in the SMH yesterday after Riccio broke the news.
Isaiah's concerns are genuine & he has spoken to the club but he has not requested a release nor has their been any approach by his management.
The club is confident they have smoothed everything over & once the formal announcement of Sheens as coach is made it should all blow over.

Fair to say the "noise" coming around this is majorly from the Eels side, hence the counter article in the SMH yesterday after Riccio broke the news.
Isaiah's concerns are genuine & he has spoken to the club but he has not requested a release nor has their been any approach by his management.
The club is confident they have smoothed everything over & once the formal announcement of Sheens as coach is made it should all blow over.
Any info on who Sheens' assistants will be?

He said he recommended punting Maguire because he couldn't see him at the club in 3 years. Then signs a 2 year deal potentially.
Yeah, I’m seriously thinking of bailing out on the club atm until the whole rotten edifice is burnt to the ground (figuratively speaking -but for Balmain Leagues which has already met its maker or a certain ex player).

Won’t support another team, just follow the lawn bowling.

Last edited:
Any concerns Papi had about the coaching situation should definitely be settled by the news that we are replacing an interim coach with a short term coach.

Back