Wests Tigers Coaches

What, taking the reigns at a club no other coach wanted, while trying to rekindle achievements from 15 years ago.

My worry is regardless of what sort of a shit fight develops, we are locked in to questionable decisions for the next 5 years.
My point is he’s an experienced coach who’s built many teams and won a few premierships. He’s more experienced than any of us so all we can do is trust his judgement.

The media reporting Hartigan might be going to the Bulldogs too. I wonder if that will mean they will steal some of our good juniors.

I think all coaches who have been successful at winning premierships can coach, it's just that they can't be successful all the time because of a number of contributing factors - largely the players at their disposal.
Winning premierships doesn't come easily and players have to have the desire, ability, and buy in as a squad if not the coach is on a hiding to nothing - whether you rate him or not and despite past success.
Agree, but it wasn’t really heading in the right direction until Sheens started this year.

Agree, but it wasn’t really heading in the right direction until Sheens started this year.
Maybe - but there are so many variables in a year of footy that can't be always attributed to the coach - the good or bad. Justin Holbrook heralded last year for getting the Titans to the finals and was expected to do even better this year - running last and will be lucky to survive.
I know Sheens can coach too but it took him 5 years to reach another finals series after coaching a premiership side in 2005.
You would be hard pressed to find anyone who believes this current side is a top 8 side. Clearly Maguire has his detractors as does Sheens - winning is the only thing that takes the pressure of any coach and fans are very good at having all the answers. It's great to see two good performances hope they continue.

Maybe - but there are so many variables in a year of footy that can't be always attributed to the coach - the good or bad. Justin Holbrook heralded last year for getting the Titans to the finals and was expected to do even better this year - running last and will be lucky to survive.
I know Sheens can coach too but it took him 5 years to reach another finals series after coaching a premiership side in 2005.
You would be hard pressed to find anyone who believes this current side is a top 8 side. Clearly Maguire has his detractors as does Sheens - winning is the only thing that takes the pressure of any coach and fans are very good at having all the answers. It's great to see two good performances hope they continue.
Agree, they are nowhere near the finished article.
It’s more about finding the right coach for a rebuild. Maguire can clearly coach in the right situation, but I don’t think his approach is right for developing the younger generations.

Reactions: BZN
Sheens can adapt to changes in the game. the other coaches mentioned have a style that they fear veering away from. If you cannot evolve with the sport then you cant be successful and the Storm and Chooks are perfect examples.

alright gents, probably going to get rinsed for this but here goes.

I'm stoked with this. Benji is a universally loved character that is adored by just about everybody in the league. this instantly improves our standing in the media and the player market. he understands the modern game because he's played it, and while he's not exactly qualified right now, by the time he serves his apprenticeship under one of the game's best ever coaches he will be ready.

we speak about identity and DNA all the time. Tim Sheens, Benji Marshall and Robbie Farah are as Wests Tigers as you can get.
With the luxury of hindsight jrtiger.....do you think you got rinsed? :love: :ROFLMAO:
An upvote from @Suzie-Q led me way back here to posts I haven't read, so thank you SQ (y)

Back