Wests Tigers Home Ground Mega Thread

I thought it was the dragons when Wok was coaching us back in the 80's but i am probably wrong.You could barely move that day and the atmosphere was something else
Actually I was there too v the Dragons. Just a young fella at the time but I remember sitting on the bench seats at the front of the hill and there were people sitting in the walkways. I'm pretty sure that year was 1985 and Mick O'Connor was still playing for the Dragons.
I THINK the record was broken a few years later when the Tigers and Panthers played there. The day Benny Elias was layed out by Izzard. ( wasn't there for that one)

Doesn’t sound like Richo is a fan. I think if he stays on long term, there might finally be a push to get a stronger foothold in the South West.

Can’t believe the audacity of the slime. Bags us continuously, bags the facilities at the ground to death, then still turns up to our games every time. Him and that other pathetic excuse for a human Hooper who pretends to be a tigers supporter.
Don’t come to our games no body likes u, if your going to bag us as bad as they do, sod off!! Don’t get it…
They get in free too... Contribute nothing

Actually I was there too v the Dragons. Just a young fella at the time but I remember sitting on the bench seats at the front of the hill and there were people sitting in the walkways. I'm pretty sure that year was 1985 and Mick O'Connor was still playing for the Dragons.
I THINK the record was broken a few years later when the Tigers and Panthers played there. The day Benny Elias was layed out by Izzard. ( wasn't there for that one)
Sounds like a lot of people had a premonition that day 🤣

**The day Benny Elias was layed out by Izzard.**

Accor would be the best case. It’s the closest stadium to where the Tigers are based in Concord and is the biggest stadium in Sydney. Downside is though there’s a lot of empty seats that will be visible in person and on TV. Commbank is Parramatta’s stadium it will never be anyone else’s but theirs.
Accor does fit geographically and we can really try and out muscle dogs

I’m 100% sure the proposed Liverpool stadium was because Lee wanted to be closer to where the games are played because his main office is in Liverpool. Liverpool I don’t see happening besides I think Dogs would want in on that if we went ahead and did that.
with the dogs pushing with tigers I think Liverpool could have some legs

Doesn’t sound like Richo is a fan. I think if he stays on long term, there might finally be a push to get a stronger foothold in the South West.
I’m ok with this if we can once and for prove we can get engagement out of that suburb . But like I said in another post , usually a big shiny new stadium and a half decent footy team goes a long way to that. .
There’s just zero evidence that we have ever engaged the MacArthur region . Hopefully it’s just like when south’s sucked and they were getting 7k home games . Once they started winning thier fair was their supporters started getting tattoos .

If that’s the case then why don’t Souths move to Allianz then? They train at their COE at Marouba for all grades so why not base themselves there? I get the stadium is still kind of new coming out 2022 to the public but why continue to use Accor?
I don't think Accor will let then out of the deal at that stadium

I used to sit in the same spot in front of the hill in those seats from when it became a north/south field,when it was east/west i sat in the stand which ended up being demolished because of white ants.I don't go to the football these days due to declining health and my age but still watch all games but unfortunately have to give money to mongrel murdoch to do so.It is and will always be my favourite ground by a mile and no other place is close to having it's magical atmosphere but it is not the future for the club and neither is campbelltown although i would like them to still have some games there each year

The corporate dollar will always override what the average footy fan wants. It's evident Wests Tigers Fans will pay to watch the game at Leichardt just as it is, but it offers nothing for the corporates and it's been made clear over and over again about the kick back clubs get by playing at the stadiums, that are not the favoured grounds. Like the way society is headed the "haves" will have their way, and once it's gone its gone for good.
I think people don't understand the tribalism of following a local footy team in Sydney and what it adds to the community. The inner west comes alive with jerseys when Wests Tigers are playing at Leichardt regardless of where they are in the table. Norton St was alive after the game with footy fans getting the drinks and food that they couldn't get at the ground , after the game. Wests Tigers has maintained a very strong connection in the inner Wests attached to Leichardt oval and I for one will be very sad to see that go to appease those who believe going to the footy is about getting your feed in the corporate box.

In past years I regularly attended games just about everywhere in corporate boxes.
Even then Leichhardt was the pits to take your clients.
Sounds like nothing's changed.
Will always be my favourite oval as I've been attending since the early 60's when it ran in the opposite direction.
I really hope they can find the money to fix the old girl up.

If you take the emotion out of it and plan around increasing revenue and progressing the club, then based on all reports playing at Accor is the best option.

It’s hard to acknowledge that as I love Leichhardt and have so many good memories there, and feel that nostalgia every time I go there. I also really enjoy going to Campbelltown, it has the old school suburban feel. Both grounds feel like home grounds even when we are losing. But money talks unfortunately.

Perhaps the club could continue to play the trials, lower grades and the women’s competition between Campbelltown and Leichhardt? It will still give the supporters who have that attachment to these grounds the opportunity to watch matches there, but it also ensures that we are attracting as much revenue as possible.

Richo made it clear we'll be playing out of a stadium. That rules out both Leichhardt and Campbo.
He also ruled out Parra's stadium.
So that only leaves Accor unless some new mega stadium is built at Liverpool.
He made it clear the stadium HAS to be able to accommodate large numbers.
Leichhardt is dead.
End of thread.

Richo made it clear we'll be playing out of a stadium. That rules out both Leichhardt and Campbo.
He also ruled out Parra's stadium.
So that only leaves Accor unless some new mega stadium is built at Liverpool.
He made it clear the stadium HAS to be able to accommodate large numbers.
Leichhardt is dead.
End of thread.
Richo plans for the future, not the past.
Like many on here I’ve played at the old Leichhardt, attended some cracker games, and used to park at the Leagues Club and walk to/from the ground. Worked perfectly. But that was then and this is now, we have to embrace the future.
I personally don’t care where we play as long as we’re successful( both on field and financially).

Read is just being a hack.

All the murmurs are just about getting funding for the development. Everything else is just nonsense.

Richo plans for the future, not the past.
Like many on here I’ve played at the old Leichhardt, attended some cracker games, and used to park at the Leagues Club and walk to/from the ground. Worked perfectly. But that was then and this is now, we have to embrace the future.
I personally don’t care where we play as long as we’re successful( both on field and financially).
Thank you Hal. The Voice of Reality.

Read is just being a hack.

All the murmurs are just about getting funding for the development. Everything else is just nonsense.
It isn't really murmurs, it's straight from the horse's mouth in the podacst. I suggest you watch it..
There's no way to develop Leichhardt into a 50,000 seat stadium with corporate facilities which is what Richo wants.
It's time to move on.

I’m 100% sure the proposed Liverpool stadium was because Lee wanted to be closer to where the games are played because his main office is in Liverpool. Liverpool I don’t see happening besides I think Dogs would want in on that if we went ahead and did that.
Only chance of that happening is if Concord oval got upgraded to a decent sized stadium. I don’t see it happening but that’s probably the only way should LO be discontinued.
Is there good and viable car parking near Concord Oval?

Back