Wests Tigers incensed over Ryan James charge for James Tedesco hit

Didn't help getting the right punishment to have Woods be a pussy and come out and defend James. He did so immediately after the game, didn't have the benefit of watching a replay and obviously considers himself a defender of dogs like James against his team mates.
Yeah good one Woods. And btw how about you focus on having some semblance of an enforcer and protecting guys like Moses and Teddy like your counterparts would with their targetted players? Ever seen this puss do that? Nah!

@innsaneink said:
Imagine the outrage if hes found not guilty?

Theres no way in hell he can get off…

Don't underestimate the ineptitude or shonkiness of the NRL powers-that-be!
It certainly wouldnt be the first time they have come up with a bewildering or disgraceful decision.
I think he will get off, WT have lost our best player for the season and the Titans and NRL will both be laughing all the way to the bank on their Hayne plane.

The lack of outrage in the media re James jaw breaking tackle is sad. The refs not putting the incident on report for contact with the head on field shows the complete disregard for the tigers. The fact that Simona received a suspension for an accidental crusher which had no effect on the player, three times that which James receives is a disgrace. I mean bloody hell, accident or not, the damage in this case is severe . You accidentally touch a ref and get a week! Let's get a little perspective!

The NRL has lost me…it's a joke of an organisation and no wonder AFL is 10 to 15 years ahead when it comes to the running of the game.

We all love our footy and the Tigers but the people who run the NRL couldn't run a chook raffle.

@Tiger Watto said:
@upthetigers said:
@stryker said:
@TYGA said:
I am taking a lot of people have never laced up a boot on this forum.
It was an intentional swinging arm Teddy turned and even tried to avoid contact.The arm swung around with some force to clock him.He was falling as is every fullback fielding a bomb under pressure. The tackling player is well aware of this. James took his shot as do a lot of players when people fall lower in front of them. Simple equation the NRL want the Titans and Hayne in the finals $$$$$$$$$$$

Bullcrap.
If you had ever laced up a boot you'd know that James went in hard to knock the ball loose not knock Ted out. It was accidental contact with the head. We aren't playing soccer here. Its an aggressive sport and sometimes you get hurt….If it was intentionally foul play I'd be howling down the decision. It wasn't.

Agreed. There was nothing in it. **If he didn't break his jaw no one would be talking** about the tackle.

exactly… There will be another 100 tackles like this between now and the grand final and no jaws will be broken.

I recall many fans on here early in the year were defending Hunts tackle on Mbye which I deemed a far worse tackle.

Its a sad outcome for Teddy, and thats it. The charge and grading is about correct, and I cant see how Ryan will get off.

As to Corey Parkers comments... DISGRACEFUL!!!

Corey Parker is a pro and respected leader. He is spot on.

Corey Parker may well be a pro, but I'm not sure how respected he is by his peers in the NRL to be honest. You only had to see this years Origin series to get a gist of that.
And isn't the strong rumour going around that he was tapped on the shoulder by Unca Wayne to retire early because even his own club teammates reckon he's a flog? Milford and Hunt especially.

@TigerWoods said:
@TYGA said:
@stryker said:
@TYGA said:
I am taking a lot of people have never laced up a boot on this forum.
It was an intentional swinging arm Teddy turned and even tried to avoid contact.The arm swung around with some force to clock him.He was falling as is every fullback fielding a bomb under pressure. The tackling player is well aware of this. James took his shot as do a lot of players when people fall lower in front of them. Simple equation the NRL want the Titans and Hayne in the finals $$$$$$$$$$$

Bullcrap.
If you had ever laced up a boot you'd know that James went in hard to knock the ball loose not knock Ted out. It was accidental contact with the head. We aren't playing soccer here. Its an aggressive sport and sometimes you get hurt….If it was intentionally foul play I'd be howling down the decision. It wasn't.

He's swung the arm around Teddy's body and hit him in the head with force. No doubt its an aggressive sport but hammering a falling fullback in the head with a violent swinging arm whilst catching a high ball is at least highly reckless and in my view intentional. I don't think he intended to break his jaw but he has form on this.

100% agree. Could you imagine the outrage if it'd been Slater, Inglis or even Hayne get hit?

Absolutely TigerWoods. Hopefully in the coming few weeks the NRL gets a real litmus-test of it's "the whole thing was an accident therefore it doesn't warrant a suspension despite a broken jaw" outlook on this incident.
Smith, Hayne, Cronk ,Thurston or some other protected species gets their jaw shattered by illegal contact to the head. Would really love to see the double standards in any of those scenarios.
Accident? Yes, probably but if they supposedly take the players injuries into account then the tackler simply cannot get let off with 1 week or 0 weeks like IMO will be the outcome of tonights judiciary hearing.

@stryker said:
What did Parks say?

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/corey-parker-slams-nrl-review-panel-20160814-gqsfol.html

James would also still escape with a one-week ban if he challenges the charge at the judiciary and loses, leaving Parker unimpressed with the decision.

"Decisions are made, based on what I was led to believe, the severity of the tackle," Parker said.

"And he's broken his jaw, regardless of how it has happened.

"He's hit him with a closed fist, swinging arm that has has since broken his jaw."

@Geo. said:
@stryker said:
What did Parks say?

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/corey-parker-slams-nrl-review-panel-20160814-gqsfol.html

James would also still escape with a one-week ban if he challenges the charge at the judiciary and loses, leaving Parker unimpressed with the decision.

"Decisions are made, based on what I was led to believe, the severity of the tackle," Parker said.

"And he's broken his jaw, regardless of how it has happened.

"He's hit him with a closed fist, swinging arm that has has since broken his jaw."

Pity Woods as captain did not say the same thing other than James seems to be the victim ..lost all respect for this guy!

Gal: A little research could save Ryan James at the judiciary
http://www.sportingnews.com/league/news/a-little-research-could-save-ryan-james-at-the-judiciary-paul-gallen-martin-taupauade-two-video-charged-james-tedesco/9ua5ofkdsmhv15g1qmanipq2l

Paul Gallen says the failure to send Marty Taupau off for his sickening hit on Jack Bird in round three should result in Ryan James escaping suspension for his jaw-breaking tackle on James Tedesco.

The Sharks skipper believes the Titans only have to show Taupau’s tackle to the judiciary panel on Wednesday night for James to be cleared despite the serious injury to Tedesco.

Taupau knocked Bird out with a late and high shot across the head but somehow avoided an automatic send-off.

He was later hit with a grade two careless high tackle – the same charge levelled at James.

James has pleaded not guilty and Gallen likes his chances of success at League Central.

"For me it all comes back to what they did with Martin Taupau on Jack Bird (round three). He hit Bird across the head when he was on the ground, without the ball, and knocked him out cold and they graded it a grade two,” Gallen told Sky Sports Radio.

“If they’re allowed to take (vision of) that Martin Taupau hit in (to the judiciary) and show what he did and it got the same grade, I can’t see him (James) not getting off to be honest.

“I've got nothing against Taupau - he's a great player and a great kid - but that was near a send-off.

“That’s why I don’t think they could grade the Ryan James one much higher. I've got no concerns that the Titans are going in and fighting (the charge).”

Gallen has a point. The Taupau hit should have been a lengthy ban.

The Simona suspension annoys me more than all of these tbh.

I don't see how they can use the argument that teddy contributed to this.

Could someone explain to me how he DOESN'T contribute to it.

What is he supposed to do?

Is he supposed to know where James will hit him and take appropriate action?

Yep Teddy knew he was gonna get belted so he dropped as soon as he could. The onus is on James to refrain from belting him around the head. Its pretty simple really.
Tired of seeing media reporting how James has made a real point of saying how sorry he feels for Tedesco. The NRL judiciary are gullible enough and seedy enough to accept this as part of his defence.

@innsaneink said:
I wonder if James counsel will use Woods' comments at all?

They'd probably use him as a character witness given his glowing appraisal of him. Really poor to have your captain sympathize with an opposing player who broke your star players jaw. Just as i was gaining respect for Woods as a leader too. Makes you think all the ''hatred'' Origin teams have each other is a put on just to create hype. All players across the board are all buddies, which makes situations like this awkward for what should be something pretty simple. I.e Woods standing up for his teammates and club.

@GNR4LIFE said:
@innsaneink said:

They'd probably use him as a character witness given his glowing appraisal of him. Really poor to have your captain sympathize with an opposing player who broke your star players jaw. Just as i was gaining respect for Woods as a leader too. Makes you think all the ''hatred'' Origin teams have each other is a put on just to create hype. All players across the board are all buddies, which makes situations like this awkward for what should be something pretty simple. I.e Woods standing up for his teammates and club.

Woods …( Chanel 9 news)
"It's not fair Tedesco is gone for the season ...and James only gets 1 week"
:unamused:
Go Figure !
Woods isn't mature or experienced enough for a leadership role IMO .

According to Paul Kent the mrc has since admitted they got the taupau charge wrong therefore it can't be used as a precedent.

@hobbo2803 said:
@GNR4LIFE said:
@innsaneink said:

Woods …( Chanel 9 news)
"It's not fair Tedesco is gone for the season ...and James only gets 1 week"
:unamused:
Go Figure !
Woods isn't mature or experienced enough for a leadership role IMO .

Too busy trying to be a likeable larrikin !

Members online

No members online now.
Back