Wests Tigers incensed over Ryan James charge for James Tedesco hit

All this 'he contributed to his injury' BS shall not be a surprise, in this PC evironment where the victim is guilty by default :crazy
There must be protection for players and clubs:
1\. The perpetrator shall be sent off.
2\. There shall be a few players in reserve (e.g. 4 players: back, half, hooker, forward) which would replace the injured player.
3\. The perpetuator shall be out of the game for at lest the same time as the injured player e.g. Inglis-Dugan, James-Tedesco etc.
4, The perpetuator's club (e.g. Titans - James, or in the case of SOO, Qld-Inglis) shall fully pay injured players selary and rehabilitation expences for the time the injured player is out. So if a player has carrier ending injury, the perpetuator's club should pay the full contract of the player.

IMHO, such a fines would quickly reduce number of headhunters.

@jctiger said:
@hobbo2803 said:
@GNR4LIFE said:
@innsaneink said:
I wonder if James counsel will use Woods' comments at all?

They'd probably use him as a character witness given his glowing appraisal of him. Really poor to have your captain sympathize with an opposing player who broke your star players jaw. Just as i was gaining respect for Woods as a leader too. Makes you think all the ''hatred'' Origin teams have each other is a put on just to create hype. All players across the board are all buddies, which makes situations like this awkward for what should be something pretty simple. I.e Woods standing up for his teammates and club.

Woods …( Chanel 9 news)
"It's not fair Tedesco is gone for the season ...and James only gets 1 week"
:unamused:
Go Figure !
Woods isn't mature or experienced enough for a leadership role IMO .

Too busy trying to be a likeable larrikin !

That's pretty much it !

@jctiger said:
@hobbo2803 said:
@GNR4LIFE said:
@innsaneink said:
I wonder if James counsel will use Woods' comments at all?

They'd probably use him as a character witness given his glowing appraisal of him. Really poor to have your captain sympathize with an opposing player who broke your star players jaw. Just as i was gaining respect for Woods as a leader too. Makes you think all the ''hatred'' Origin teams have each other is a put on just to create hype. All players across the board are all buddies, which makes situations like this awkward for what should be something pretty simple. I.e Woods standing up for his teammates and club.

Woods …( Chanel 9 news)
"It's not fair Tedesco is gone for the season ...and James only gets 1 week"
:unamused:
Go Figure !
Woods isn't mature or experienced enough for a leadership role IMO .

Too busy trying to be a likeable larrikin !

How someone hasn't stepped in and advised to clean himself up, i have no idea. It's probably a good marketing tool for the club though, with t shirts, the larrikin factor etc

What a bloody disgrace. Sincerely hope he gets his jaw busted in the next few weeks. Then we can hear about how sorry his opposition feels for him now that he's the victim.
Totally unrelated but didn't Ryan James knock someone out/break jaw in a QLD Intrust Super Cup game a year or 2 back in an incident that was described as "cowardly" at the time? Seems like he has a bit of form. Hopefully what goes around comes around…....

I wonder what the outcry in the media, would have been if the situation was reversed.

Could you imagine if it happened to " the Hayne Plane "

That's an absolute joke, especially comparing it to what Simona copped earlier this year.

Sad to say I'm not surprised.
Whether it's zero or 1 week it's still an injustice.
Its open season on fullbacks now.

This doesn't make sense. How did he get found guilty at the recommended grading, but then appeals the grading?

Going to an extreme, that's like being found guilty of armed robbery and then appealing the charge to break and enter.

James was represented by Jim Hall the former Judiciary boss, this is the guy that handed out really severe penalties and cleaned up the game.
Where is Greenberg now remember earlier in the year he criticised the judiciary for being too soft, just before Simona got suspended.

This is a bad look for the game.
I don't think he deserved a long suspension…but he surely deserved something!

@innsaneink said:
Im lost for words

and i am just about lost to the NRL !

joke of a game, governed and officiated by absolute fools and amateurs.

NRL is actually embarrasing, "greatest game of all" pfft … :roll

Members online

No members online now.
Back