Wests Tigers - Legends and Life Members launch Alumni

Agree, only one thing I don’t understand? Why wait 25 years to showcase yesterday’s heroes and strengthen a cultural identity?

They've had old boys days over the years, I believe one of the Former Players was working in the office at some point maybe 6-7 years ago and tried to get something off the ground....
The Problem I've seen, Is it was always a very broad brush and more often than not seemed to focus on the Balmain and Magpies old boys to maybe to appease them as they probably felt disenfranchised from the JV....

Whilst I can see validity in that, There's been a sever neglect for the players for the JV....
How Darren Senter is not more celebrated in our history is beyond me
- He's was our longest serving captain for the first 15 or so years...
Love him or hate him, He didn't leave anything out there.

From here on out, I feel the Magpies and Tigers players are celebrated plenty at the JV....
I reckon Wests Tigers players should be celebrated in their own right.

Because the last 10 years of senior Management have been bumbling idiots!

Been plenty of Old Boys days over the years - Last year there was a Legends race day....
Agree that more focus on current and JV players should be a given moving forward.

Matt Groat made the cut.
17 games.

I consider a bloke like Ray Cashmere an absolute club legend....
Played 13 Games.

The Last ever Magpies player....
Then debuted in 2005 to be part of the Premiership squad,
Then came back for a few games in 2012.

Blokes have a jersey, Plated a game...
They're on the players list - They all make the cut for mine.

They've had old boys days over the years, I believe one of the Former Players was working in the office at some point maybe 6-7 years ago and tried to get something off the ground....
The Problem I've seen, Is it was always a very broad brush and more often than not seemed to focus on the Balmain and Magpies old boys to maybe to appease them as they probably felt disenfranchised from the JV....

Whilst I can see validity in that, There's been a sever neglect for the players for the JV....
How Darren Senter is not more celebrated in our history is beyond me
- He's was our longest serving captain for the first 15 or so years...
Love him or hate him, He didn't leave anything out there.

From here on out, I feel the Magpies and Tigers players are celebrated plenty at the JV....
I reckon Wests Tigers players should be celebrated in their own right.
Only Farah has played more games as captain than Senter. All the past captains should be in the Alumni group. You would think Darren Senter would be first on the list. 86 games as captain.

Only Farah has played more games as captain than Senter. All the past captains should be in the Alumni group. You would think Darren Senter would be first on the list. 86 games as captain.

My point exactly....
And he wouldn't have got there till 2012-13 You'd think....

Played 13 Games.

I saw Ray walking up Mary St alone after the GF presso the day after we won it... He was done had already signed with NQ I believe... That's when. I first realised we had no club cture even back then

Played 13 Games.

100%

Our Gaz surely wouldnt have any issues with drug testing

... maybe youre talking about this Gareth Ellis?

Was actually talking about Keith Galloway. Check out his insta......not natty.

I saw Ray walking up Mary St alone after the GF presso the day after we won it... He was done had already signed with NQ I believe... That's when. I first realised we had no club cture even back then

Hard to have any culture back then with all the bickering....
(Still there to be had if you go looking for it)

But yeah, Letting big Ray go to sign Ryan O'Hara for 3 years and Sam Harris etc.
was a fantastic idea....

I remember that, too. That's not the way to treat someone, even though he'd signed with NQ.

Maybe with Chris Lawrence involved we mite see more players join the group , I like the idea of it and hope it grows to big numbers , there are players not in that photo but maybe we just hope they could not make it on that date and will join in soon , Senter and Paul W are just the start of who we hope will join in , Big Ray as well no doubt , Hoggo another Jarred McCracken etc , there is heaps I would love to see in the group

Back