Why not, sign Carney.

How many teams has he led to premiership glory? He's talented, sure, an absolute twat - that's a given - but he's not the player we need nor should we ever explore that option. He's not a fit in the NRL anymore, so let him roam the freer pastures in England where he can drink, piss, and under-perform as he so chooses.

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

@tigermaniac said:
Yeah he's a grub, but for all his wrongs he's **only affected himself**. If we can get him on the cheap do it. I'm sure any contract will favour us.

From memory, one of his early indiscretions at Canberra was damaging someone elses car

So thats 3 clubs and 3 clubs that have sacked him. Can you see a pattern here?

I wonder if any other NLR clubs will pick him up. The Sharks are a desperate club and usually make rash signing from other clubs as they don't have much of a nursery.
Canberra do have a nursery but are also desperate, however he has already been sack from there. Can't think of any other clubs that would take him. Maybe the Warriors . They have a basket case of a board, but already have good halves. The Titians have a history of signing bad boys. Imagine all the trouble Carney could get into on the Gold Coast. Some of the pro surfers say it turns into Gotham City at night, they try and avoid it and stay down at Snapper Rocks. I don't think Carney could resist the bright lights any more than a moth can.

@tigermaniac said:
Yeah he's a grub, but for all his wrongs he's only affected himself. If we can get him on the cheap do it. I'm sure any contract will favour us.

Absolutely not. He's a proven loser and belongs in a toilet.

I was listening to Grandstand in the car on the way back from touch footy. They read out Carney's list of offences. It seemed to go for 10 mins.
A lot of drink driving chargers. Then loss of licence, then driving without a licence. Vandalism. being pursued by police and running away from the car (they couldn't catch him, handed himself in to police the next day). Urinating on a person. Setting someone's pants on fire, while they were wearing them….banned from Goulburn, Now this.

At least ….ëdit"... drank it out of a glass,i've never seen or heard of that behaivour before,he finished in the NRL but i feel sorry for him in later life,it will dog him to the grave.,

A few reasons to steer clear of Todd.

1\. He's injury prone
2\. His form is patchy.
3\. His behaviour alienates sponsors, which chases away third party agreement money. Between Carney and ASADA the Sharks started 2014 without a jersey sponsor.
4\. Signing or retaining d1ckheads creates a poisonous culture within the player group. Think about reaction from the senior players at the Raiders over the Blake Ferguson debacle which ultimately cost David Furner his job.
5\. A team is the 17 blokes they send out. I don't have to look up to them for moral guidance, but if I'm going to emotionally invest in their success or failure, I want to at least not hate them or feel ashamed to be on the hill wearing the colours. I'm still ashamed that John Hopoate was ever associated with our club, and win or lose I want to walk away from the ground feeling ok to be associated with the Tigers.

That's the considered version. My original response was more concise, but less family friendly.

There is no possible way the NRL will possibly ratify any contract involving Carney again

Probably end up at the Melbourne Rebels

He will end up back in Canberra. They are desperate and deserve each other. Always liked him as a player, shame too much baggage.

On talent alone you'd take him, but if you play with fire you get burnt. I think our sponsors would nix any deal before the NRL would even have to decide whether or not to ratify it.

Wests tigers are a club on the up , new players in our group , you can't sign poison , you just can't
Tigers are fine
He is a sh,t bag with a mental problem
He needs help not a new club :unamused:

He has been told time after time it is his last chance, never sinks in.
The behavior on it's own is stupid and disgusting, but not overly destructive or harmful and not that bad.
But as part of a pattern it is just the most recent in a lifetime of rat bag behavior.

I heard on MMM that Cronulla's coach didn't get along with Carney. They mentioned earlier in the season they were trying to offload him, in order to get Benji… Would have been funny if Benji ended up there with all the other Tigers.

Normal People dont do the things that Carney does, He has a big problem, & signing him up would only give us that Problem. In a couple of words NO THANKS.

with all our great young kids coming through why would you bring a grub like carney into your club to maybe derail some of them NO THANKS its hard enough to keep there minds on the job now

Back