Charlie Staines #262

I think the absolute lack of progress that has been made since Madge shows his sacking can go down as one of the poorest decisions the club has made in recent memory. Really feel for the guy.

Really? Team comes 17th on the ladder and you would do what?

Sure, I feel for the guy too. He put his heart into it. Yet if Madge could coach, we would be talking 12th minimum. Some had the Tigers making the 8 at the start of the year due to the balanced nature of the team.

If a 25 year old playmaker can have his career thrown out for a years bad performance. Madge can accept that Last means he gets fired.

He wants the following out, but they are not budging:

1) Nofo
2) Simpkins
3) AJ
4) Tumeth
Why wouldn't Simpkin want to leave?
His dad was on here every other week saying how shit the club is, how we're holding Jake back from leaving, how he hates the joint..
It makes no sense

Not a fan. Think he will cost us a game one day. Wonder if there is any good wingers on market for a mid-season switch?

I'm a fan but would only give him another week or two on current form, having no impact in attack at either end of the field

I thought he was marginally better from last week. I am prepared to give him more time especially as he is coming back from a fairly hurrendous injury from last year. Timing and confidence do take some time to get back.

That said, he has a smallish frame which will most likely limit him in today’s game. On the upside he appears to make the right calls defensively.

I thought he was marginally better from last week. I am prepared to give him more time especially as he is coming back from a fairly hurrendous injury from last year. Timing and confidence do take some time to get back.

That said, he has a smallish frame which will most likely limit him in today’s game. On the upside he appears to make the right calls defensively.
Yes he’s an intelligent defender which helps.
I thought he gained more confidence as the game went on which was positive.

I like him and he was going good before that big injury , needs a few more weeks to improve yet , but team first and if your not playing up,to the std you get replaced as long as we have a replacement , who would be his replacement next week if needed ( Naden maybe ) as I would not change the team positions from last night , no shuffling the deck , one out one into same position , our centres were solid so leave them alone

He needs to develop a side step. He currently 2 steps, which is more of a jink rather than a side step. He just doesn't beat anyone with it. Plant one foot hard and shift. It can be worked on and I think it will improve his attack greatly.

Back