Hello Darkness My Old Friend

Tallish did sis out a year so he could leave dragons and ARL to go to Broncos and Super League. A good example of taking your bat and ball and going home I guess
You could look at it that way. Or did/does he have the grit determination to succeed that seems to be non-existent in most of our players?

Would you like to put your money where your mouth is? I'll bet you $100 the Dragons make the eight.
If Flanagan can get that forward pack into the 8 its will be a massive achievement. Their 1,6 and 9 are all borderline reserve grade. Hunts shoulders will be enormous by seasons end after carrying their entire spine. They have a really strong set of centres and wingers though (would love any of Ravalawa, Lomax or Suli as they are exactly what we need).

Ruminating for three weeks on our last performance is disheartening, but let’s face it, a one point win over the Raiders and people will have us back in the 8 😁.

Played a couple of games at 13 for Parramatta in 2022 and played well from memory.

I don’t mind the move as gives him free roaming abilities but more importantly gets his hands on the ball more often. Defensively he will be fine as well.

Thinking about Benjis early game plan of Stef then Kelm then Seyfarth. Swap Seyfarth for Paps with Bula / Bud on his hip and we could be onto something.

Purely for speed and tackle bust/line breaking ability.
We need points, we cannot continue to select a team full of slow boring players who will hit the ball up one out without any inkling of offloading and next to no chance of making a line break as they are not fast enough to trouble the opposing defence.
Sam Fainu certainly has x-factor about him, but at age 19 I think it’s best to ease him in as a regular NRL player with short stints off the bench.
He'd be gassed after 10 if he's starting

I dont think so.
But id say NRLs a little bit faster to what hes used to especially starting front row
What player are we talking about ?
I’m happy with our front row, didn’t think I mentioned moving any of them ?

You could look at it that way. Or did/does he have the grit determination to succeed that seems to be non-existent in most of our players?
more like a tedesco where he bailed to go to a stronger team.
To sit out a season in ARL to join a Super League club, now employed on fox
a true Rupert News Corp man

What player are we talking about ?
I’m happy with our front row, didn’t think I mentioned moving any of them ?
Yeah sorry mate I went back and looked at what I replied to and it makes no sense... I think I quoted yiu but meant to quote someone else

Long day

The bottom line is we are the reigning wooden spooners and have introduced a new no7 and a new no6 into our team plus a few other new players spread over the 17. Cohesion is going to take time both in attack and defence. So it’s going to be a massive struggle for the first two months at least
Agree with all of this.

Someone on the NRL subreddit did a roster analysis (see below). The fact our spine is the most balanced area isn't surprising yet still a scary prospect. The difference (or variation) of ages between the oldest/youngest and most experienced/inexperienced is a wide gap, and selecting which halves we utilise will probably be our biggest challenge. So, hopefully, we can find the best pairing sooner rather than later 🤞 who can capably work together to lead and boost the attack of such a young and inexperienced team.
John Morris has his work cut out for him too, with our defensive structures, as that seems quite the task.

Also, from their additional notes:
- The Tigers are by far the youngest and least experienced roster in 2024. They are the only team with an average age of less than 24 (23.52), and the only team to have played less than 50 games on average (41.11). The only positional area in which they are not bottom 3 in both age and experience is their spine, which is mid pack in both categories
- Storm and Dolphins are the only 2 teams to have debuted every player in their top 30 roster. Storm also have the fewest players in the first grade roster yet to debut (3/33, 9%); Ammaron Gudgeon, Tristan Powell, and Lazarus Vaalepu.
- The Tigers and Knights, on the other hand, both have the most players on their roster who have not made their NRL debut (11/35, 31%)
2024-roster-analysis-experience-vs-age-v0-w42wpcm4mklc1.png
2024-roster-analysis-experience-vs-age-v0-y2qbhk14mklc1.png2024-roster-analysis-experience-vs-age-v0-x62b9sz2mklc1.png2024-roster-analysis-experience-vs-age-v0-q0grs292mklc1.png

Agree with all of this.

Someone on the NRL subreddit did a roster analysis (see below) and unless I'm interpreting it wrong, while the spine is the only place we have some balance in, our bigger challenge lies in the varied ages and experience between our halves. So, hopefully, we can find the best pairing sooner rather than later 🤞 that can capably work together to lead and boost the attack of such a young and inexperienced team.
John Morris has his work cut out for him too, with our defensive structures, as that seems quite the task.

Also, from their additional notes:
- The Tigers are by far the youngest and least experienced roster in 2024. They are the only team with an average age of less than 24 (23.52), and the only team to have played less than 50 games on average (41.11). The only positional area in which they are not bottom 3 in both age and experience is their spine, which is mid pack in both categories
- Storm and Dolphins are the only 2 teams to have debuted every player in their top 30 roster. Storm also have the fewest players in the first grade roster yet to debut (3/33, 9%); Ammaron Gudgeon, Tristan Powell, and Lazarus Vaalepu.
- The Tigers and Knights, on the other hand, both have the most players on their roster who have not made their NRL debut (11/35, 31%)
View attachment 10680
View attachment 10681View attachment 10682View attachment 10683

Flanagan has walked into a club on the rise. After last nights game, their trials and this data, the Drags will be pushing for a spot in the eight this year.

Flanagan has walked into a club on the rise. After last nights game, their trials and this data, the Drags will be pushing for a spot in the eight this year.
Flanigan brings a toughness and attitude change. Pity we could not see that a long time ago. We had our chance and blew it.

You don't bite the hand that feeds you. Looks like Richardson's diabetes is now affecting his brain.

The article said they raised the idea of adding Allied on also and when he blew up they said ok we won't do it. He still pulled the sponsorship, probably a bit presumptuous of Richo to even raise it but he did and they did.
I would hope they had contingencies in place in case something happened, otherwise you probably wouldn't be so brash to even ask. Time will tell Rothfield loves to give us the slipper at any opportunity, i'll give Richo the benefit of the doubt from when he said don't trust anything unless it comes from the club.

Staff online

Back