James Tedesco Signs with Roosters [Official]

I don't think anyone wants him to go, or would begrudge him a shot at finals. The part that irks me is is the time it's taking. Obviously I don't know him and so can't comment on whether he wants to stay or not, but the fact he hasn't said " I'd love to stay but it's a matter of working something out" says to me he's gone.

I have to say if Danny Weidler is the biggest germ in the game than Isaac Moses is the single biggest parasite this club could ever come across. To think I used to dislike Khoder Nasser lol.

@ said:
Im over it. Teddy is a great player and, whilst I would be bitterly disappointed, I wont begrudge him if he leaves. Im at a stage where I can live with it. As good as he is, he clearly isnt the difference between us making the finals or not. The cash he would leave us with would enable us to buy a very handy fullback with change.

In other words, its time to move on. Its time we rebuild this squad from the bottom up. If I was the club i would be imposing a deadline of this Sunday and if they dont sign I would do exactly what Balmain did with Brasher.

The only disappointing thing with all this is that Teddy's actions have cost us Ryan P. Thats been a bit a dog act to the club.

Yeh disappointed of he goes and disappointing to lose Ryan Papenhuyzen. But Paps is a few years off i reckon and we have no time to waste anymore.

I would be looking at a big strong fulback to replace Teddy. Dalin Watene-Zelezniak is a sulerb player and while he's still contracted, i would have a whisper to him. He could earn twice as much playing fullback rather than wing. Another option is Kahu, but its really hard to entice players down from QLD. DWZ lives uo the road, so an extra 200k a year would entice him.

The comments were negative no doubt and would have any of us worried about whether he signs with us or not. Make no mistake he leaves and it would be a massive setback for us. We need to build a team round him. I could cop it if the other 3 left but not teddy. Anyone that thinks he would be easily replaced with someone on the open market at teddys level is a bit too wishful thinking.

Playing finals maybe, but the winning premierships is total BS, for all their perceived success the Rorters have spent a squillion trying to buy premierships yet it has scored them just 4 in 70 years.

As for all these players and instability, how about the players start to put up on the field or shut up, then there might be a bit more stability. :blah :blah :blah

Better still just sign elsewhere so we no longer have to put up with this carp.

This is not directed solely at Teddy, but more the entire playing group and the supposed “Blah 4”

i just saw the interview, i think we should prepare ourselves, and i think Woods will also go.

Who can really blame them after what they did to Farah, it's there in black and white for them, they know it's a business and loyalty is a thing of the past.

So, i think we follow colours and an emblem, the rest comes and goes, and even that's not strictly consistent

Just watched the second part of Teddys interview , I say again he is gone , Cleary won't save him at the tigers , he will sign with a team that has been making the finals , I have a very bad feeling Teddy , Woods , Moses are all gone , and the club knows it , that's why the deadline comment may have been used so we can start buying the replacements

@ said:
@ said:
Jeez , you're being a bit hard on him.
He's a professional sportsmen, it's his living both now and for after he's finished playing, but a lot of sportsmen are as driven as much by wanting to go as high as they can in their sport as the lure of the money.
Of course they're mercenaries,. Some are just worth more tham others.
Why shouldn't he put himself into a better chance of playing Finals or a GF.
Most players will say that a GF win is the pinnacle in the game.
Why play where most think you have no chance of making those heights?

Tedesco's. no dog.and while I want to see him stay here, if he thinks that by going somewhere else will give him a better chance of getting to the top of his sport, and possibly extend his Career by not having to make his own holes all the times or getting the results of our crap defence heading his way every game, then good on him.
Their careers are short. So once his contract is finished, if he thinks that he is better off somewhere else , I'm fine with it if he uses his head and goes. I'd hate to see it, but it's his life and body and his right to make decisions that are best for him
No Club ever will!!

I'm allowed to be hard on him, I am a supporter! Ultimately my support pays his wage.

I can understand his motivations, certainly, but that doesn't change that any player that leaves and says "I am leaving Tigers for a better team, to play the finals" loses all my respect. Already mentioned, Glenn Morrison is posterboy for that mentality. Ben Te'o is another good example, players are allowed to look after themselves for sure, but club football is built on a tribal mentality, and players who break from the tribe shouldn't expect to be loved.

Or put this another way: I am personally on a decent salary, I work hard for it (most of the time) and I'm decently loyal to my company. Certainly I can choose to leave for better offers, or a better experience, leave my colleagues, and they'd probably understand. But nobody is following my career path, nobody is emotionally invested in it.

Furthermore, Tedesco has the capacity to earn many more times what I do per year, to play football. I don't buy the line "my career is short, want to maximise" for the higher tiered footballers. Even a bloke like Chris McQueen, if he can average out some $400K for 12 years (a modest salary for a good footballer) that's $4.8M in his career. That's 60 times the average Australian wage ($80K).

James Tedesco can set himself up for a comfortable life with 2 or 3 seasons at $1M, and any club that signs him around now will be paying that.

Lucky we're not golf fanatics then isn't,you'd be tearing your hair out :smiley:
We just sit and cheer, we don't bleed.0n a scale of Pro sports RL players ,and a lot of other sports men do have Avery short time to set themselves for their life

Either he has already signed with another club or he is really putting a rocket up management's behind to get this house in order. Losing Tedeaco would be devastating. If only we had Robbie to convince him otherwise. We had a club legend who has given his all kicked out of this club. A guy who won us a premiership and gave us his all. Yet people will stick the knife in him. He is a saint compared to these divas. Instead of owning the clubs results they are quick to blame others and run away when it all goes hard. If they were all like robbie and had his loyalty then we would win another premiership. I wish him nothing but injuries and bad form if he leaves.

Yep he's gone.
Listening to Woods lately he's gone as well.
Shame but thats modern day footy.
I think the kids will stay in the halves as they wont earn the same elsewhere.

Gonna be fun on here when this eventuates :slight_smile:

@ said:
The comments were negative no doubt and would have any of us worried about whether he signs with us or not. Make no mistake he leaves and it would be a massive setback for us. We need to build a team round him. I could cop it if the other 3 left but not teddy. Anyone that thinks he would be easily replaced with someone on the open market at teddys level is a bit too wishful thinking.

I dont think anyone has suggested we can replace Teddy with someone at his level. If he goes there is hope we can build a better balanced team across the park rather than have a great fullback but no one to help him. Everyone would rather keep Tedesco, but if he goes the positive is having money to build a good pack for once. Lets hope he stays though.

If this keeps up I reckon the club should call a sabbatical and not play for the rest of the year. What's the use? With offers for our "BIG 4" floating around all over the place no wonder these players don't have their minds on the weekend games. They are all thinking about the best offers they can receive to fully fund their retirement by 30 years of age. Sorry fellows, but Wests Tigers are not in the same business as Centrelink. The other non-descript players in the team have fallen into depression because they can see what is at the end of the tunnel for them come September 2017.

Just wait and see what Teddy does ,to me the interview was a young man talking in a mature manner and with honesty …

@ said:

His form has fallen off reasonably dramatically this year.

@ said:
Either he has already signed with another club or he is really putting a rocket up management's behind to get this house in order. Losing Tedeaco would be devastating. If only we had Robbie to convince him otherwise. We had a club legend who has given his all kicked out of this club. A guy who won us a premiership and gave us his all. Yet people will stick the knife in him. He is a saint compared to these divas. Instead of owning the clubs results they are quick to blame others and run away when it all goes hard. If they were all like robbie and had his loyalty then we would win another premiership. I wish him nothing but injuries and bad form if he leaves.

That last sentence of your post is pathetic. He is entitled to set himself up as he sees fit, wishing injury on him is lower than a snakes gut.

He has not seen finals footy here in FG despite consistent improvement, who'd blame him for going.

@ said:
@ said:
Just heard teddy on 7 news say he just wants to play finals footy, he doesnt care at what club. I cant blame him but it really annoys me to hear this. It sounds like hes made a decision to leave. As bad as things are my one hope was to keep him at least

The thing that gets me about this is that it's in their own hands to make the finals. What a statement like Teddy's says is that these guys don't think that they're the players that can take a team to the finals.

Yep!
While he no doubt has been one of our best recently, he has to accept he too is partly to blame for him not playing finals
Of course there is plenty of other off field reasons that contribute to no finals for WTs, but I see his reasoning as typical of many young people today, its always someone elses fault

The second he leaves is the second we pull every deal on the "big 4".

Only thing that may sway Teddy and Woods is if Cleary is appointed he has a list of players targeted to come to the Tigers and they get to see it , he could also remind them that the dogs played finals footy no grand final wins of late and spent $ 12 million on top of there cap to win , same as the Roosters , they only try buying grand final

Latest posts

Members online

Back