Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Russell said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1098989) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1098960) said:
@Russell said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1098956) said:
Imo, he is not worth what we offered - so let's increase that.

Just throwing money away .

Leading point scorer in the NRL
Excellent goal kicker
Scored 19 tries in 2019
One of the most devastating players in the game
Only 22 years old

what a waste of money.

@avocadoontoast said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1098960) said:

Excellent goal kicker
Scored 19 tries in 2019
Only 22 years old

what a waste of money.

Look, I didn't need you coming back at me again Avo - It is my opinion that he is not worth 1 million dollars a season as an inexperienced FB.

Your opinion is different, I know your argument backwards - it does not mean other people can't oppose that view.

Leading point scorer in the NRL (for the premiers), 19 tries (for the premiers), excellent goal kicker (for the premiers) (about 1% better on average than ours) and at 22 yo (with pretty much a pea brain). That is my opposing view.

I'd give him 750k for year 1, if he makes a good go of it, maybe then we could look at a decent increase (if it is warranted).

Your opinion doesn't make you right, neither does mine - it is an opinion.

Just as it's your right to make a comment, it's my right to reply to that comment. I don't complain when you disagree with me as it's fair game.

@Tiger2135 said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1098990) said:
My contact has just told me that LM starts training at the rabbits on Monday.
AJ to tigers

I'm not happy, but that is what I'm told

Was it ever going to be any other way?

AJ to tigers

As a former Tigers captain and forum favourite once said "it is what it is".

@Spud_Murphy said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1098992) said:
AJ to tigers

Was it ever going to be any other way?

From day dot. Rabbits or nowhere.

@avocadoontoast said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1098991) said:
@Russell said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1098989) said:

Excellent goal kicker
Scored 19 tries in 2019
Only 22 years old

what a waste of money.

Excellent goal kicker
Scored 19 tries in 2019
Only 22 years old

what a waste of money.

Look, I didn't need you coming back at me again Avo - It is my opinion that he is not worth 1 million dollars a season as an inexperienced FB.

Your opinion is different, I know your argument backwards - it does not mean other people can't oppose that view.

Leading point scorer in the NRL (for the premiers), 19 tries (for the premiers), excellent goal kicker (for the premiers) (about 1% better on average than ours) and at 22 yo (with pretty much a pea brain). That is my opposing view.

I'd give him 750k for year 1, if he makes a good go of it, maybe then we could look at a decent increase (if it is warranted).

Your opinion doesn't make you right, neither does mine - it is an opinion.

Just as it's your right to make a comment, it's my right to reply to that comment. I don't complain when you disagree with me as it's fair game.

If it makes you happy.

I'm not taking anyone's word for anything - especially on here, will wait until it's official.

There have been so many claims over the last 2 months, from mates that know mates, family members, girlfriends, no-one knows.

@Jedi_Tiger said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1098998) said:
AJ not the worst player guys
are souths paying any freight

Definitely not the worst, but certainly not the best. Are we a better team with him at 1? Yes.

@Ponyo said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1098999) said:
I'm not taking anyone's word for anything - especially on here, will wait until it's official.

There have been so many claims over the last 2 months, from mates that know mates, family members, girlfriends, no-one knows.

Best way to handle imo

The new manager will have to investigate all possible options for Latrell before anything is officiated and with a massive difference in offers it would not be unacceptable for him not meet with WTs.

Coreys better then A.J!! We have enough wingers and make shift fullbacks!!if we sign him to help the Rabbits that'll do me

AJ to tigers

That is more like it AJ will fit right in , his level of talent is similar to the rest of the squad Average on an average price one would think ! Gaining a little without the pain ... still think a waste off money for no real upgrade !

AJ to tigers

This is Souths narrative.

@Telltails said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1099011) said:
The new manager will have to investigate all possible options for Latrell before anything is officiated and with a massive difference in offers it would not be unacceptable for him not meet with WTs.

And the contract will need to be registered, and they won't get a decision on arrow until next week & they've still got AJ & DG signed

Literally a 1% chance Mitchell is at training at souths on Monday. They'd be admitting they will have a crap pack of largely unproven players and overflowing with backs.

Fact is, he hasn't yet met with either us or Souths yet. These are happening today and tomorrow. How anyone can claim to know what's happening before the meetings between club and player have even happened is beyond me!!

@balmain-boy said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1099023) said:
Literally a 1% chance Mitchell is at training at souths on Monday. They'd be admitting they will have a crap pack of largely unproven players and overflowing with backs.

Fact is, he hasn't yet met with either us or Souths yet. These are happening today and tomorrow. How anyone can claim to know what's happening before the meetings between club and player have even happened is beyond me!!

To add to that - the Rabbits will need to announce the releases of AJ and/or Gagai before he's at training on Monday.

Unless we take AJ and help the rabbits, it’s my understanding that Latrelle will have to take a 400k 1 year contract. Not wishing this on him, but say he has a significant injury and cannot play for a significant period or is duly retired, he’d only be entitled to the contract value (12 months).

It would seem to me that any manager would need to fully prepare that player for the potential risk. If he signed for the Tigers, he’d be financially secure regardless of injury. If I was LM this would be a major consideration.

Especially Because he has a young family To look after aswell tigers are the only logical explanation

If we sign Johnston people need to be asking questions of our complete recruitment team and coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back