Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
@finnzo said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1099034) said:
Especially Because he has a young family To look after aswell tigers are the only logical explanation

But he doesn’t care.

He wants to play in the best team he can with players that can make him look good. He wants to play finals, origin etc and he is willing to cop a year of lower pay. He is more than aware he will get the big bucks in future years.

@Tiger2135 said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1098990) said:
My contact has just told me that LM starts training at the rabbits on Monday.
AJ to tigers

I'm not happy, but that is what I'm told

I'm happy, I don't want a half committed LM at the WT.
The guy is 50% in games when fully committed, imagine him being half committed.....in games for 25% of the time only...move on from this LM bloke

@WeHaveCheeKam said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1099036) said:
Especially Because he has a young family To look after aswell tigers are the only logical explanation

But he doesn’t care.

He wants to play in the best team he can with players that can make him look good. He wants to play finals, origin etc and he is willing to cop a year of lower pay. He is more than aware he will get the big bucks in future years.

If that were true he would have stayed at roosters?

@bbobb said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1099033) said:
Unless we take AJ and help the rabbits, it’s my understanding that Latrelle will have to take a 400k 1 year contract. Not wishing this on him, but say he has a significant injury and cannot play for a significant period or is duly retired, he’d only be entitled to the contract value (12 months).

It would seem to me that any manager would need to fully prepare that player for the potential risk. If he signed for the Tigers, he’d be financially secure regardless of injury. If I was LM this would be a major consideration.

His manager will also only be paid $28,000 for his new client and contract vs $280,000 for the potential multi year contract.

@finnzo said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1099040) said:
@WeHaveCheeKam said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1099036) said:

But he doesn’t care.

True, but the Roosters got sick and tired of his walkabout ways...

Mitchell strikes me as a player who'll retire by 30.

He doesn't enjoy the hard work associated with playing at the highest level. Training seems to be a real drag. Pushing himself to be the best he can doesn't appeal as much as fishing or hanging with his mates. He plays because he can play well and make money doing so but i think he's mostly about getting the money to set himself up for his life of fishing to come in retirement.

@tigerap said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1099042) said:

But he doesn’t care.

True, but the Roosters got sick and tired of his walkabout ways...

Yeah true but they did offer him a decent contract extension

A lot of country players struggle when they join the NRL

Jamie Lyon , Ewan McGrady ,Scott Prince

They hate the lifestyle at 1st ..just want to play footy

@happy_tiger said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1099035) said:
If we sign Johnston people need to be asking questions of our complete recruitment team and coach

I thought it was Pascoe's fault?

If the NRL approve a 400k contract for which i think is just not right in itself. I dont think this is a concern for LM as you can bet your last dollar he will be getting paid in some other form.. E.g. Investment property, Family members get well paid jobs etc... the list would just go on and on...
So if this was not happening on the side he would be mad to knock back a Million dollar offer for a 400k deal just to play for them. It just does not makes sense to 99% of people and especially for a father of 2 young kids as the money would set him and his family up and that's what he wants.

I still truly believe he is Souths bound as they have unlimited incentives like the Roosters have on the side and because of the Indigenous set up they have. I hope I am wrong but like alot of us here I just want this done so we can move on as its only about 4 weeks off some actual footy.

@nrlcountrytiger said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1099012) said:
Coreys better then A.J!! We have enough wingers and make shift fullbacks!!if we sign him to help the Rabbits that'll do me

Agreed! Should’ve said we want Cook as well otherwise no deal! We need a good hooker 😊Don’t think any other club will want or need AJ tbh, so he will be hard to shift unless we take him.

@nrlcountrytiger said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1099012) said:
Coreys better then A.J!! We have enough wingers and make shift fullbacks!!if we sign him to help the Rabbits that'll do me

Honestly, can we stop with this utter crap, promoting the idea we’re helping another club.

@balmain-boy said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1099023) said:
Literally a 1% chance Mitchell is at training at souths on Monday. They'd be admitting they will have a crap pack of largely unproven players and overflowing with backs.

Fact is, he hasn't yet met with either us or Souths yet. These are happening today and tomorrow. How anyone can claim to know what's happening before the meetings between club and player have even happened is beyond me!!

It’s the Souffs way. They have been spouting this for weeks. God I hope he comes to us.

@happy_tiger said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1099035) said:
If we sign Johnston people need to be asking questions of our complete recruitment team and coach

When people continuously make ridiculous attacks on management, some of it sticks because it is human nature to believe what you are constantly hearing, even if it from the same source. This hinders managements ability to do their job. They have to start making compromised decisions that are "popular".

The Tigers need some long term stability of management and coaching staff. Please think about what you say and the consequences it can have on the team you claim to support.

@Ponyo said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1098999) said:
I'm not taking anyone's word for anything - especially on here, will wait until it's official.

There have been so many claims over the last 2 months, from mates that know mates, family members, girlfriends, no-one knows.

It’s still fun👍😂🤘

@balmain-boy said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1099045) said:

He doesn't enjoy the hard work associated with playing at the highest level. Training seems to be a real drag. Pushing himself to be the best he can doesn't appeal as much as fishing or hanging with his mates. He plays because he can play well and make money doing so but i think he's mostly about getting the money to set himself up for his life of fishing to come in retirement.

Be stunned if he sees out his next contract.

I liased with mr Pascoe this morning. There’s some concerns on tigers end regarding latrell. Want those cleared up before re-tabling the offer. That’s what the meeting is about this week.

But he doesn’t care.

Not really the case as it was the roosters who pulled the plug on him. He wanted money and a good club obviously, and was apparently in tears when they said no to him. All he wanted to do was explore the market to increase his value and it backfired.

In the situation he’s in , it’s big bucks For a weak club or play for a good club for significantly less (which will lead to big bucks in a year you’d think). And out of those two options He wants Souths.

The guy didn’t even turn up for meetings with us. Let’s not kid ourselves.

@wokesmoke said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1099083) said:
@balmain-boy said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1099045) said:

Be stunned if he sees out his next contract.

I liased with mr Pascoe this morning. There’s some concerns on tigers end regarding latrell. Want those cleared up before re-tabling the offer. That’s what the meeting is about this week.

You are not suggesting professional from our club? You will spoil some of the narrative on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back