**Live game thread* WT vs Warriors

He was on that last year. They didn't take up his option. He received a train and trial, then a base contract. So I think you'll find he is on 110.
No worries.. I'm still hoping this year will be his last.. he's not contributing enough on the field anymore and he's getting a bit injury prone..

Maybe you missed the part where we let them stroll 70m every set.

Don't compliment our defence. It was awful. We were rubbish. Just because they didn't score 50 doesnt mean we defended well. The warriors are a terrible side but still have a bunch of quality players that we simply can't compete with.

We just have one of the worst rosters ever put on an NRL field
I do agree with some of your response BB, and it was our line speed that allowed them to often make good metres, but our first contact was far better and we often met their strong running with solid hits. As for them being a terrible side - they actually are an under performing side that when they decide to turn up can be pretty strong. Sure for the last few seasons they’ve been more cold than hot, but we got them on a landmark day and they were up for it. Also our D has been far worse at times this year than it was today.

What club hype talk are you talking about Demps? I’ve seen absolutely nothing that could give us a sense of belief.
The clubs always promising us some change is ahead...

The change: we sign Nu Brown and lose 3 straight.

The clubs stoked they make money.
We're annoyed we never win games.

They made 60 /70 meters up the guts off the opening kick off and woulda scored if numbnuts didn't fall over his own foot

You're meant to come out and make a statement particarly when you kick off... The very first set my God it set the tone for the afternnoon

We didn't get worn down.... We were never in it despite the opposition being terrible too... One game we had no chance for the entire 80 and that was all on us-nothing else
Pathetic & embarrassing

Our attack no tries !!! Against a team with the worst defensive record this year. We don't have backline plays like other teams where the ball goes from half's to centers and run around create extra man and pass to winger with overlap .I don't recall one pass to put Nofo into even a half gap and maybe one or two to Kenny but more like hospital pass . We start the movement but then half or edge forward panic and take the tackle. When you watch other teams so many tries by wingers because they are given ball with a 2 on 1
But not tigers . Remember we also went try less against titans who are coming last !!!

Jacko spoke well. And he’s right we do butcher more chances than we ice. That’s what happens when you sign the fish that John west rejects.
The best excuse we've used over the past few seasons is that "we were complacent". This usually happens when we've won one game in a row and are playing someone we're expected to beat. We lose by 30 and then hear "we took them for granted".
How a team with an appalling record such as ours could ever be complacent is beyond me, but there you go.

Our attack no tries !!! Against a team with the worst defensive record this year. We don't have backline plays like other teams where the ball goes from half's to centers and run around create extra man and pass to winger with overlap .I don't recall one pass to put Nofo into even a half gap and maybe one or two to Kenny but more like hospital pass . We start the movement but then half or edge forward panic and take the tackle. When you watch other teams so many tries by wingers because they are given ball with a 2 on 1
But not tigers . Remember we also went try less against titans who are coming last !!!
We did create an overlap on the left but our winger is too slow to take advantage of it. He stepped back inside. Except for two in the backline, the remainder are snails and that is a problem.

Our performance was inept. There was clearly a plan to have our forwards attack the edge; however, to do that you need to have halves that take it deep into the line. Brooks should never play hooker again - he does nothing to get the receivers to the advantage line. Hastings and Douhie just going through the motions. Winger in must have been the call for the day.

Can it get worse?

It looks like Noddy tried a different game plan today. It was not effective but he has at least had a a crack.

If I was king for a day I would be looking at a game plan that promotes second phase play.

Hastings needs some time off to either get over whatever injury he is carrying or adjust his attitude. Madden to half and see what he can do with a bit of time in FG.

Not sure what to do with the pack at the moment - they need to have a long hard look at themselves. They weren't capable of executing today's gameplan against weak oppositon. Maybe more practice - if only we had some depth to experiment with.
Apparently the question they are going to ask the prospective new in coming coach is 'Do you want to coach at this club' (or something to that effect),,, well I believe they should line all these players up and ask them do they want to play at this club, because they just don'[t seem to have their mind on it do they ? Quite shocking.

I don't believe that is true. We will have a new coach announced shortly and I'd suggest at least a couple of new signings with players waiting to see who our new coach will be. Morale in the joint will pick up immediately.
I hope the morale and more does "pick up" as you call it. They the players and any new players coming in the future need to be asked "are you sure you want to play for this club".

I hope the morale and more does "pick up" as you call it. They the players and any new players coming in the future need to be asked "are you sure you want to play for this club".
That is a valid question. Change is difficult but what happened yesterday should have been foreseen by all.

I don't believe that is true. We will have a new coach announced shortly and I'd suggest at least a couple of new signings with players waiting to see who our new coach will be. Morale in the joint will pick up immediately.
Love your positivity mate but I can't see it. I hate to say it but the Club seems like it's in a death spiral, slowly but surely sinking lower and lower. It would need a massive shift in coaching, playing and administrative personnel to reverse the slide and I just can't see the Club having the balls or the nous to bring it off. Maybe if you shift Pascoe and bring in a real change agent as CEO you might provide the spark that will drive large change through the place but, again, I can't see the Club doing it.

It did pick up when it walked itself out the door. Madge may not have got us a premiership but once again we've done nothing but self-harm by stating we'll support him and then sacking him a few months later. Any wonder why players don't want to join us.

Love your positivity mate but I can't see it. I hate to say it but the Club seems like it's in a death spiral, slowly but surely sinking lower and lower. It would need a massive shift in coaching, playing and administrative personnel to reverse the slide and I just can't see the Club having the balls or the nous to bring it off. Maybe if you shift Pascoe and bring in a real change agent as CEO you might provide the spark that will drive large change through the place but, again, I can't see the Club doing it.
Thanks for the reply. It seems like that but Sheens is a wily operator. I have no doubt there will be an announcement soon about our new coach. Change is confronting but Maguire had to go. Pole debuting yesterday was brilliant and imo a foretaste of things to come.

We didn't get worn down.... We were never in it despite the opposition being terrible too... One game we had no chance for the entire 80 and that was all on us-nothing else
Pathetic & embarrassing

I'm getting sick of it. Seriously considering giving it a miss after watching every game I can for over 30 years.

It sucks.

We did create an overlap on the left but our winger is too slow to take advantage of it. He stepped back inside. Except for two in the backline, the remainder are snails and that is a problem.

The problem is those wingers carry our go forward. Big Ken is slow but he can finish when given a good chance usually up close.

The problem is those wingers carry our go forward. Big Ken is slow but he can finish when given a good chance usually up close.
No coincidence our overlap and Garner break came down the left side. Fact is we need genuine pace and Brooks/Garner is a good combination which we have never fully utilised. Garner imo will replace Kikau at the Panthers and come ahead under Cleary's coaching.

Back