Live music - Bands you have seen/Are planning to see

I:ll have a crack wish I had kept all my tickets..
International -
Status Quo, Alice Cooper, Fleetwood Mac(2) David Bowie, Bryan Ferry Roxy Music, Pink Floyd, Santana, U2,(2) Van Morrison, Bruce Springsteen, Elton John, Rod Stewart, Robert Plant, Elvis Costello', Neil Young, Rolling Stones, Simply Red, Bon Jovi, Guns,n Roses, Billy Idol(2) George Benson, Sting, Rodrigues, Queen, Robert Cray, Paul Mc Cartney, James Taylor and Carole King, Eagles, Tedeschi Trucks Band, Alabama Shakes, Bonnie Rait, Mavis Staples, ZZ Top, Dire Straits, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and probably forgot a few..

Local - Midnight Oil, Cold Chisel ,Australian Crawl ,Richard Clapton, Mental as Anything Hoodoo Gurus ,Dallas Crane, Noiseworks, Dynamic Hepnotics ,Sunnyboys, Matt Finish, IceHouse( Flowers) Cruel Sea, DMA's , JET, Living End, Spider Bait, ACDC, Eurogliders, Casey Chambers, Angels, Dragon, The Church, SplitEnz, Men At Work, Divynls, Hunters and Collectors, Rose Tattoo, Mondo Rock, Karma County, Black Sorrows, The Sports, Celibate Rifles, The Machinations,The Numbers, Jimmy and The Boys, ,Renee Geyer, and a whole lot more.
Now - current artists who struggle to get enough venues to support them.
Just back from Thredbo Music festival after watching some home grown talent and will be out again in the inner west watching some more this weekend.
Regret never seeing Supertramp and somehow keep missing the Foo Fighters and The Cure will hopefully get another opportunity.

I might put up some of my concert posters and setlists tomorrow.

International -
Status Quo, Alice Cooper, Fleetwood Mac(2) David Bowie, Bryan Ferry Roxy Music, Pink Floyd, Santana, U2,(2) Van Morrison, Bruce Springsteen, Elton John, Rod Stewart, Robert Plant, Elvis Costello', Neil Young, Rolling Stones, Simply Red, Bon Jovi, Guns,n Roses, Billy Idol(2) George Benson, Sting, Rodrigues, Queen, Robert Cray, Paul Mc Cartney, James Taylor and Carole King, Eagles, Tedeschi Trucks Band, Alabama Shakes, Bonnie Rait, Mavis Staples, ZZ Top, Dire Straits, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and probably forgot a few..

Local - Midnight Oil, Cold Chisel ,Australian Crawl ,Richard Clapton, Mental as Anything Hoodoo Gurus ,Dallas Crane, Noiseworks, Dynamic Hepnotics ,Sunnyboys, Matt Finish, IceHouse( Flowers) Cruel Sea, DMA's , JET, Living End, Spider Bait, ACDC, Eurogliders, Casey Chambers, Angels, Dragon, The Church, SplitEnz, Men At Work, Divynls, Hunters and Collectors, Rose Tattoo, Mondo Rock, Karma County, Black Sorrows, The Sports, Celibate Rifles, The Machinations,The Numbers, Jimmy and The Boys, ,Renee Geyer, and a whole lot more.
Just back from Thredbo Music festival after watching some home grown talent and will be out again in the inner west watching some more this weekend.
Regret never seeing Supertramp and somehow keep missing the Foo Fighters and The Cure will hopefully get another opportunity.
I don't think I can remember every band I've seen. Pretty much any band I have wanted to see in the last 30 years I have seen.

For those with a memory like mine - non existent - there are a few great sites that can help.

https://www.concertarchives.org/

Great call, SetlistFM is an awesome one.

Just search the band/artist and the city the show was performed in (e.g. Metallica Sydney) and the date, location, setlist etc. is almost always there.

The first of my concert swag that I'll put up over the coming days. From Soundgarden in 2012.

image000000 (2).jpgimage000000.jpg

International -

Great list there, Telltails.
Saw Bowie in '83 at Lang Park. Models were supporting. Great night!!

International -

I saw the Cruel Sea last month at the Enmore. It was their 1st sho in 20 years. They sounded better than I remembered. Tex was fit and in-form

I saw the Cruel Sea last month at the Enmore. It was their 1st sho in 20 years. They sounded better than I remembered. Tex was fit and in-form
Wow nice, I don't think I've seen them since around 97

I was there too. Agree about Tex - he was in great form. Took the whole family as an early Xmas present because they grew up listening to them. Brilliant night.

Yeah, it was a great era for pub bands. The atmosphere and music was fantastic and you didn't have to pay a weeks wages to see them.

If one hasn't seen a gig in a pub or club they don't know what their missing.

The atmosphere, drinks and then the sound crackle as the band began in the darkness really made you feel alive. Enjoyed the big concerts at the big venues but pubs and clubs were the best.

As a kid in the back-seat of the oldies car going places on weekends in the late 70s early 80s it seemed every second pub had a band on......you'd hear em driving past.

Finally old enough to get into places without fake ID in the late 80s things were already going downhill.......but we would pick up On the street and the drum media on a Thursday and plan our footy and gig weekend.........would see two to three gigs a week till the mid 90s.

Gig venues survived disco and dance clubs but couldn't survive pokies in pubs in the 90s.

Favourite venues,

Selinas,
Revesby Roundhouse,
Dee Why hotel,
Governors Pleaseure,
Banjoes at Gladesville,
Time and Tide
The Leagues Clubs and RSLs.

Favourite pub bands,

The Angels,
Radiators,
Midnight Oil,
Dragon,
The Cockroaches,
Spy v Spy
Hoodoo Gurus
Party Boys
Icehouse
Etc etc.

If one hasn't seen a gig in a pub or club they don't know what their missing.

The atmosphere, drinks and then the sound crackle as the band began in the darkness really made you feel alive. Enjoyed the big concerts at the big venues but pubs and clubs were the best.

As a kid in the back-seat of the oldies car going places on weekends in the late 70s early 80s it seemed every second pub had a band on......you'd hear em driving past.

Finally old enough to get into places without fake ID in the late 80s things were already going downhill.......but we would pick up On the street and the drum media on a Thursday and plan our footy and gig weekend.........would see two to three gigs a week till the mid 90s.

Gig venues survived disco and dance clubs but couldn't survive pokies in pubs in the 90s.

Favourite venues,

Selinas,
Revesby Roundhouse,
Dee Why hotel,
Governors Pleaseure,
Banjoes at Gladesville,
Time and Tide
The Leagues Clubs and RSLs.

Favourite pub bands,

The Angels,
Radiators,
Midnight Oil,
Dragon,
The Cockroaches,
Spy v Spy
Hoodoo Gurus
Party Boys
Icehouse
Etc etc.
Turned 18 in 1974 and saw my first pub band " The Angels " when they first started out. We were hooked then and couldn't get enough of the live music scene. Every weekend was footy on Saturday, pub somewhere Saturday night, beach for a surf Sunday. No mobile phones or video games. Memories and friendships made to last a life time.

Back