Madge Maguire - Mega Thread

@the_patriot said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1477523) said:
I can live with that.

They need to get the assistants right and they need to start shopping Luke Brooks immediately.

We are actually really short in the halves already

On the phone shortly to cancel 12 premium membership .. the club is a failure and run by self serving individuals good luck with all of that ..3 seasons of failure how much FAILURE does it take !

I can live with that.

They need to get the assistants right and they need to start shopping Luke Brooks immediately.

Facts

@snake said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1477532) said:
On the phone shortly to cancel 12 premium membership .. the club is a failure and run by self serving individuals good luck with all of that ..3 seasons of failure how much FAILURE does it take !

💯

@cochise said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1477530) said:
I can live with that.

We are actually really short in the halves already

We're playing a man down with Brooks there now.

@needaname said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1477468) said:
@pj said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1477445) said:
@cochise said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1477432) said:
@ccwt said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1477423) said:
@cochise said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1477409) said:
@ccwt said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1477407) said:
@tiger5150 said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1477293) said:
@ccwt said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1477193) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1477187) said:
@ccwt said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1477175) said:
@cqtiger said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1477164) said:
@tigerwest said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1477163) said:
I wonder what Madge is making of all this?

Is it all worth it?

Granted the club hasn’t actually said anything, but they have let the journo’s run him down without any protection.

His stress levels must be through the roof, hopefully they have spoken to him privately with there thoughts otherwise he might just tell them to go to hell.

Well he can’t be thinking that he has done a wonderful job to date. Surely he can’t be thinking that he has improved the team.

Madge was here to fix the culture and weed out the bad eggs, unfortunately it looks like the bad eggs are going to win as everyone is too impatient to see it through

It’s not a lack of patience, I don’t think anyone could accuse WT fans of having no patience. It’s about his coaching ability. Our defence has progressively worsened each year since he arrived. That’s not the boards fault or Pascoes fault, that’s his fault.

You could extend him for 10 years and it wouldn’t make no difference. His coaching style doesn’t work anymore and he can’t adapt. He’s done.

Also, the comment about him coming on board to fix the culture and weed out the bad eggs is rubbish. That’s a recent narrative that was created to excuse his failures. He said he could make finals with the squad he had. Ironically I also think he’s managed to make the culture worse which is an achievement in itself.

Completely disagree, I think it’s 100% lack of patience. Everyone knows Madges style being a hard trainer and tough etc. similar to Bellamy. That’s what the club needed and still does need in my opinion. The only difference now is the problem players or bad eggs are pushing back because they are being challenged to improve and it’s making them uncomfortable. They would prefer to sack the coach and have a few more years leeway before any pressure is applied again.

Is that why they cant tackle? Or the same gaps open in defence with the same regularity every game?

Do you think Madge teaches them how to leave gaps and miss tackles at training?

He is obviously not teaching them not to.

Haha I can’t agree with that. I think the rule changes which has increased the speed of the game and brought in more fatigue, along with a number of rookies has caused the defensive issues with the team

I thought one of Madge's strong suits was he trained the team hard, we should be able to deal with fatigue better than most?

I don't think we look fatigued at all, imo they seemed fitter than normal.
Our second halves tended to be better and we came back at some sides.
We just looked like we didn't want to be there.
I can hack getting beaten by skill while we don't have the cattle, but getting beaten by effort pisses me off

To be clear though I actually disagree. A lot of our players may had looked ‘fitter’ but a lot of them looked like they had lost a lot of Kilos.
Look at the difference between the size of Tamou in the GF to him in round 1 2021. Joffa at Brisbane and Joffa at the tigers. They stripped down a lot.

But fatigue can not be only measured from a physical perspective, there is such thing as mental fatigue. I’m not sure I saw a lack of effort from the playing group as much as you.

I saw a roster of recently assembled recruits and some rookies try to stop the roll on each game and lack the physicality to do so.

Maybe the preseason did strip too much muscle off the boys I don’t know. But it all came down to us being unable to match the big guys at the speed of the play the ball.

Quick play the ball and our attack would capitalise which explained the quick points at stages through the year. On the other side a quick play the ball to the opposition had us back pedaling.
That is not a defensive tactic, that was the team playing catch up once the odds went against them.

Agreed. It was weird for mine. Our team LOOKED fitter but seemed to gas out earlier than our opposition.

Great news, Board shows some backbone! Great that the changes will include giving Madge the assistant coaching support he needs. We're in it for the long term not the short term.

And once again the journos get it wrong!

@momo_amp_medo said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1477526) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1477470) said:
Madge has survived. What a joke of a club.

Good …. Great result!
The Club stays strong.
Bad luck son …. back to your back yard garden stuff.

Mate with fans like you they don't ever need to win. You're just happy losing year in and year out.

next few weeks is going to be interesting. spotlight will now turn to admin and the playing group. might see some arrivals and departures on and off the field.

@cochise said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1477484) said:
@demps said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1477483) said:
@cochise said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1477478) said:
@demps said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1477476) said:
@cochise said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1477473) said:
I will now support him as I want what's best for the team but I am disappointed.

Whys that bro

Why what?

I thought you were alright with Madge...
This isn't the worst outcome.

Obviously he's on thin ice now..

No, i think it was time to move on, the club though differently

Or couldnt ensure a better replacement Professional if thats the case.

Maybe they plan to bring in assistants capable of replacing him. Isn't Siebold looking for a gig?

In all seriousness, would Gardiner be ready in 12 months with a history of working alongside the younger players we have coming through?

I think next year would have been ordinary regardless of who was coaching, but I think that under Madge it could be truly awful.

Tell us what you really think.

Awwwww!

I don't know, I'm not left with much hope after the way this season went.

So what's going to make season 2022 different to season 2021 for Wests Tigers?
How are we going to improve? Same players, same coach...

I hope the experts we have in the WT employ have some answers. They don't need to make the WT strategy public, the success of the strategy will be through the on-field results.

And there has to be a massive improvement next year. I mean a definite improvement clear to all in our defence, in our attack, and in our recruitment.

@momo_amp_medo said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1477546) said:

Awwwww!

Do you ever post about anything other than complaining about other posters? Grow up.

Well it's a decade of failure mate. There's systemic problems at the club that run deeper than the coach.

Stability
Changes to staff when sheens comes on .
Thinking luke Brooks will be shafted

@davey_farrell said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1477508) said:
@cochise said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1477484) said:
@demps said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1477483) said:
@cochise said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1477478) said:
@demps said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1477476) said:
@cochise said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1477473) said:
I will now support him as I want what's best for the team but I am disappointed.

Whys that bro

Why what?

I thought you were alright with Madge...
This isn't the worst outcome.

Obviously he's on thin ice now..

No, i think it was time to move on, the club though differently

Agree with you COCHISE whole heartedly !!! Im completely lost with this decision and Pascoe comes out with that rubbish of a statement.

Why is it rubbish. It is quite possible that it is totally the most professional option they could make.

I wanted Madge gone....but that is on the assumption that he would be replaced by better. There is very little available at the moment and if a Ciraldo told the club "no thanks", then the actual most professional thing is not to dump Madge out of spite and appoint an inferior replacement.

Back