Meyer: cambo has once last chance

Is it coming out of your pocket? Are the WT's taking money you've personally earned?

Its amazing how far some of you blokes go. They're gone and they're never coming back, yet you let a club who hasn't been relevant for 15 yrs consume your entire lives.

Not to mention bullying a young girl on social media. Sure she's an idiot, but you're grown men ffs, bullying a young girl. How would they feel if their daughter was getting abused like that.

@galahs said:
i am truly sorry you don't think looking after the juniors of Wests Tigers catchment area as important.

Roosters have juniors galore… Not, though they keep going hard.. Same with the dogs, hardly any kids play footy in the area compared to when I was growing up as a kid... Not to say they it's a good idea to ago den them, but we must keep them...

I didn't abuse anyone mate.

I support the Wests Magpies and the Wests Tigers.
I believe they both have an important part to play in developing and promoting the game of Rugby League in the Macarthur.

Didn't mean you personally, sorry that it came across that way. But its just an example of how these guys take things too far.

Cheers.

I do think the "Wests" chant gets used in an act of defiance, but it is only effective as certain people consider it as a non acceptable Wests Tigers chant which really doesn't make sense considering it is our teams name.

Let's just strip away all the emotion and address the problem. People in the south west of Sydney can't relate to a football team which resides in the inner west of Sydney and vice versa. There has to be at least a feeling of ownership of the team. Yes, I understand that there were some drunken louts at the game but they are the true dinosaurs, so we can dismiss them as an irrelevancy as are diehards from the inner west. This will die out in time as they die out.

This club is now the WESTS TIGERS and, as a business has managed to alienate the fast growing south west but those decisions go back years and only now is the club reaping the whirlwind. This will not be easy to turn around but it has to start somewhere and with policies that are more inclusive. As an outsider to Sydney it seems to me that we use the area to take juniors, we do some school stuff etc etc. What we are not doing is putting down roots there and that is what we need to do. Let's see some permanent presence in the south west and a good place to start would be to get on and establish the much touted Centre of Excellence for junior development.

Let's get away from the mindset of "going" to the south west to do things and that includes staging games there. Let's give potential fans in Campbelltown and surrounds (and face it, there aren't many current ones) something to be a part of in their own back yard, by being seen to run some of the functions of the WESTS TIGERS from Campbelltown without any sudden moves which may cause disaffection of fans from he inner west. The Centre of Excellence would be a wonderful start.

You know we are sitting on a goldmine with the two areas that we have claimed; now we should throw out old ideas and perceptions and go forward as one identity spanning areas which should provide us with members and players for a glittering future. Managed properly and with goodwill we can look forward to becoming one of the great clubs.

^^^Great post

We have heard about this Centre of Excellence since 2004\. Where is it?

Its always brought up when the Wests Tigers are criticised for not committing to the area,, yet nothing ever eventuates.

i'm all for building some sort of centre of excellence in the area but will this really bring crowds to the game? reading through this long thread i'm of the belief that the west is becoming lost to league fans, not just to us but to other teams also. only have to look at panthers in recent years. sure on field performances don't help but i reckon the wanderers have pinched a hoard of people that wouldnt have supported them in the past. if the reports are true of the growing population in the soth west coming from certain backgrounds i can almost guarantee that those people will not now or ever follow a league team if they dont already, and we forget the people moving to the area already following league teams.
i mentioned couple days ago about parramattas darwin deal, why havent we persued soemthing like that? what ever happened to our bluetongue deal? moving a game or two away from our suburban groudns to anz will reap jack all money wise compared to one home game in another part of the world.

The Wanderers are riding a high at the moment. It will be interesting to see how many fans stick with them when they are not as successful.

@galahs said:
Cheers.

I do think the "Wests" chant gets used in an act of defiance, but it is only effective as certain people consider it as a non acceptable Wests Tigers chant which really doesn't make sense considering it is our teams name.

For 15 years we've heard former Wests fans chout TIGERS,TIGERS and no complaints all of a sudden a few ex magpies want to shout WESTS,WESTS,WESTS and the tigers faithful and surprisingly a magpie tragic like yourself and it gets called an act of defiance or sabotage of the wests tigers.ATTENTION ALL WE ARE THE WESTS TIGERS SO WHETHER ITS WESTS,WESTS OR TIGERS TIGERS THAT GETS YELLED ITS ALL GOOD.As a former Balmain and now Wests tiger I have no problems shouting WESTS WESTS as much as TIGERS TIGERS.Never heard a dragons chant in 15 years but always hear a St George chant every game.Is that also an act of defiance towards steelers faithful.

Arguments about crowd averages between Campbelltown and Leichhardt can be very picky with what stats are used, depending on what side of the argument you are on.

**Total averages**
Campbelltown - 60 games - 12,755 average
Leichhardt - 59 games - 13,587 average

**Vs Sydney teams**
Campbelltown - 25 games - 13,599 average
Leichhardt - 32 games - 14,455 average

**Vs non-Sydney teams**
Campbelltown - 35 games - 12,152 average
Leichhardt - 27 games - 12,588 average

All these show Leichhardt has a higher average. But if you look at when games are scheduled…

**Friday**
Campbelltown - 9 games - 14,513 average
Leichhardt - 7 games - 13,349 average

**Saturday**
Campbelltown - 13 games - 10,990 average
Leichhardt - 15 games - 9,024 average

**Sunday**
Campbelltown - 31 games - 12,616 average
Leichhardt - 32 games - 15,716 average

**Monday**
Campbelltown - 7 games - 14,385 average
Leichhardt - 5 games - 13,988 average

In short, take Sunday at Leichhardt out of the equation, and Campbelltown doesn't look so bad anymore. The Saturday crowd average for both grounds is pretty woeful! The Monday average, on the other hand, is surprisingly high.

Good analysis. Perhaps the club should nominate grounds depending on the day stipulated by the NRL. Suggested preference could be:

Friday nights:
Campbelltown
Homebush
Leichhardt

Saturday nights:
Homebush
Campbelltown
Leichhardt

Sunday afternoons
Leichhardt
Homebush
Campbelltown

Monday nights
Homebush
Campbelltown
Leichhardt

@Juro said:
Arguments about crowd averages between Campbelltown and Leichhardt can be very picky with what stats are used, depending on what side of the argument you are on.

**Total averages**

**Vs Sydney teams**

**Vs non-Sydney teams**

All these show Leichhardt has a higher average. But if you look at when games are scheduled…

**Friday**

**Saturday**

**Sunday**

**Monday**

In short, take Sunday at Leichhardt out of the equation, and Campbelltown doesn't look so bad anymore. The Saturday crowd average for both grounds is pretty woeful! The Monday average, on the other hand, is surprisingly high.

Hey Juro does that average change much depending if it is a 5.30 Saturday game or a 7.30 Saturday game ??

@happy tiger said:
@Juro said:

**Total averages**

**Vs Sydney teams**

**Vs non-Sydney teams**

**Friday**

**Saturday**

**Sunday**

**Monday**

Hey Juro does that average change much depending if it is a 5.30 Saturday game or a 7.30 Saturday game ??

I'm going off the stats at http://stats.rleague.com. Unfortunately, it doesn't give the time of the games, just the date.

@galahs said:
Are you serious? You support the Wests Tigers decision to charge the Magpies a fee to sell merchandise at Campbelltown Stadium. All money that the club raises goes towards providing Rugby League opportunities to juniors and seniors from the local area.

That'll do me.

How much is the fee Galahs? WT pay $25K to play at CSS so is it unreasonable to ask a small fee to assist in covering the costs of renting the ground from Campbelltown Council?

@Juro said:
@happy tiger said:
@Juro said:

**Total averages**

**Vs Sydney teams**

**Vs non-Sydney teams**

**Friday**

**Saturday**

**Sunday**

**Monday**

I'm going off the stats at http://stats.rleague.com. Unfortunately, it doesn't give the time of the games, just the date.

No worries , was just basing the fact you wouldn't get out of Leichardt until 11.00 with a Saturday 7.30 start

Thought they would get better numbers based on that with 5.30 starts

Maybe we can offer to have some Saturday day games 3.00 or 4.00 starts for something different for the NRL to try to increase crowd numbers

@Juro said:

**Total averages**

**Vs Sydney teams**

**Vs non-Sydney teams**

**Friday**

**Saturday**

**Sunday**

**Monday**

And when you look at that VS Sydney based clubs Im quite certain that the 13,599 average for Campbelltown would have more wests tigers fans in it than the 14,455 average Leichhardt had because of its geographical location to the other sydney clubs compared to Campbelltown its much more central.Campbelltown has traditionally seen low drawing clubs like Manly and Easts who are 50 kms away from Campbelltown where for the most part Leichhardt has until recently had neighbouring big fan based clubs like souths and parra more so than Campbelltown.As far as derbies go for Campbelltown they only seem to get Penrith which for the most part of the last 15 years have sucked on the field and their support is only average compared to the other clubs mentoned and Cronulla who draw no one away from shark park.Campbelltown does have its issues no doubt but a level headed look at it suggest its just as well supported from a Wests Tigers perspective than Leichhardt.Which begs the question why is it alway Campbelltown and not Leichhardt that seems to raise the ire of our CEO'S past and present and those that write the rules on this forum. for most of the last 15 years???

@galahs said:
The Wanderers are riding a high at the moment. It will be interesting to see how many fans stick with them when they are not as successful.

Like all sports in Sydney when the Wanderers start faltering they'll struggle to fill Parra stadium. I'm a huge football (read: Sokkah,) fan but when Sydney FC average 18,680 & the Wanderers average 14,860, it's not a bad reflection if LO or CSS are averaging 13,000 in a saturated Sydney market.

@innsaneink said:
@innsaneink said:
@genoshan said:
_**Do you actually think Wests Tigers fans changed clubs**, while blokes like you Magpie fanatics stuck solid and didnt change anything?_

Your question does not really fit in to the context of my previous comment, but here goes. I do not believe that adults should change teams once they have followed a team. I can understand people being so against a merger or JV that they may choose to follow a new team.

Personally, if I were to give up on WT, I would follow the Magpies in lower grades, but give up on the NRL and perhaps only watch SOO.

I hope this answers your question.

To your other point about colours. We had 3 colours between the 2 teams. 1 of these colours we shared and therefore i believe should be the dominant colour. Everything to do with WT, from their web page to their signage and all merchandise is primarily orange.

The jersey we wore in round 1 looked suitable to a stop and go traffic controller, it was closer to floru orange than orange !

Anyway. As stated previous, even the poor ol Magpie tragics don't want the WT to fail, nor Balmain gone (they are in the same boat as us) they just want to feel that the Magpie side is getting some love and not seen us the ugly relative. Nothing more and I don't think it is too much to ask !

Night-time crowds are a difficult one.

It is definitely more difficult for fans to attend night games, for a host of reasons: unable to take young kids, having to care for kids, work finish time, tired from work, early starts next day, afternoon sports, going out with friends, cold weather, etc.

Many of us remember, in my youth anyway, all games kicking off on Sat or Sun arvo around 2:30pm. There was a delayed TV game on each of those days (including the horrendous 1 h highlights on Sunday), usually preceded by live radio coverage.

So if you couldn't make it to the game, and your team wasn't in the featured games,
you had to listen to the radio and catch the "around the grounds" score updates.

I don't know if crowds were superior in those days, but there was an ultimatum: if you wanted to see your team every week, you had to go. This was offset by the games being scheduled at a very reasonable time.

Back