Mitchell Pearce

I'm not against the signing. 750K isn't outrageous for an experienced NRL half, but we would've been better off keeping Hastings rather than going down this route.

I'm not against the signing. 750K isn't outrageous for an experienced NRL half, but we would've been better off keeping Hastings rather than going down this route.
750k isn't outrageous for an experienced NRL player 😂😂WTF.. the bloke is playing in the super league for a French club if he was any good he wouldn't have left Australia in the first place,he's ageing and playing against a far less a quality of players! might as well see if Andrew John's is available he's an experienced NRL player.

Mitchell's father Wayne one of the greatest forwards the tigers ever had and the 2nd worst coach in our history .Terry Lamb was the worst . Would have been good if Tigers legends could have convinced their sons to play for Tigers in their hey day .Same goes for you Sirro

Just a thought.
Could this be a ploy to get Williams over?
Would we be offering a similar deal I.e $750 a season.
It’s just come to me as a crazy out there idea. The club could be making loud moves in no direction to spell out to potential interest that hey we are ready and willing let’s talk.

The other interesting part of this is that Kent quietly mumbled that he reckons Brooks is going to Warrington.
Not that he would have any intimate knowledge of the Tigers movements but could a swap with Warringtons current 5/8 be on the cards. (Josh Drinkwater is playing HB).

750k isn't outrageous for an experienced NRL player 😂😂WTF.. the bloke is playing in the super league for a French club if he was any good he wouldn't have left Australia in the first place,he's ageing and playing against a far less a quality of players! might as well see if Andrew John's is available he's an experienced NRL player.
It's half what we were offering Moses and $350k less than what we're paying Brooks. I don't think it's silly money

Mitchell's father Wayne one of the greatest forwards the tigers ever had and the 2nd worst coach in our history .Terry Lamb was the worst . Would have been good if Tigers legends could have convinced their sons to play for Tigers in their hey day .Same goes for you Sirro
Jason Taylor was worse than Wayne Pearce as coach

Someone somewhere recently suggested Brooksie could go ok at fullback, and I reckon he has all the attributes to make a good one except of course not being an ideal height.
Except he doesn't talk at all. You need a talker at the back.

No get rid of him altogether.

It's half what we were offering Moses and $350k less than what we're paying Brooks. I don't think it's silly money
HE'S A WASTE OF MONEY!! unfortunately Brooks will ride the year out with luck he will pick up his game, for the remainder of the year it is only round 5 with new coaching staff . Then look for a current regular first grade football that's off contract. we've built the forwards next we built the back line .
As Charlie would say winning (soon)

HE'S A WASTE OF MONEY!! unfortunately Brooks will ride the year out with luck he will pick up his game, for the remainder of the year it is only round 5 with new coaching staff . Then look for a current regular first grade football that's off contract. we've built the forwards next we built the back line .
As Charlie would say winning (soon)
We're winning the spoon if Brooks stays as 7

Just a thought.
Could this be a ploy to get Williams over?
Would we be offering a similar deal I.e $750 a season.
It’s just come to me as a crazy out there idea. The club could be making loud moves in no direction to spell out to potential interest that hey we are ready and willing let’s talk.

The other interesting part of this is that Kent quietly mumbled that he reckons Brooks is going to Warrington.
Not that he would have any intimate knowledge of the Tigers movements but could a swap with Warringtons current 5/8 be on the cards. (Josh Drinkwater is playing HB).

I've always thought we missed a shot not giving Josh Drinkwater a crack. His kicking game alone adds so much value. IMO he is a better player then Townsend. I would love him back.

I've always thought we missed a shot not giving Josh Drinkwater a crack. His kicking game alone adds so much value. IMO he is a better player then Townsend. I would love him back.
Drinkwater is terrible. Has made a career in Super League and that is his level.
Cant tackle and refuses to run the ball. Kicking game is the only game he has got.
Believe me, i watched him for the last 10 years. :)

All NRL halves who have played a few games, are into their second or third contracts, and rarely get injured, are on 400K minimum. A guy who can run your plays when one of the playmakers are sick, injured, or otherwise away from training/games is hugely valued by all coaches.

Teams don't function without halves. Look at the state of our team. Brodie Croft made $400k/year at Brisbane before the salary cap increased, and he was dreadful. Pearce left the NRL for reasons beyond playing ability.

Reactions: 851

Latest posts

Back