New coach by weekend????

My preference would be Brown, Taylor or Folkes

I don't want Griffin give he has failed with the richest club with all the rescources

However as long as they have gone through the process I'll be happy with whoever

Even Parish would be fine by me (to be honest I've never heard a genuine reason from anyone why he would be bad)

I would be happy with Jason Taylor - him or Nathan Brown were the best choices IMO

I get the feeling if its true about Taylor we will see a Brian Smith / Jason Taylor combination with Smith as the GM Football role and i for one think it would be a great combo

@Boonboon2 said:
I would be happy with Jason Taylor - him or Nathan Brown were the best choices IMO

I get the feeling if its true about Taylor we will see a Brian Smith / Jason Taylor combination with Smith as the GM Football role and i for one think it would be a great combo

At least you would know that they could work together

@happy tiger said:
@Boonboon2 said:

At least you would know that they could work together

Exactly what I was thinking Happy plus Brian has always had a brilliant football brain his weakness as a coach was his ability to relate was too school teacher for some in a GM role he doesen't have the same role issues. Taylor has experience FG coach, has been at Roosters and knows what a winning club needs and openly admits he has got better since he last coached - Good combination and his ex-halfback skills will help with Brooks, Moses as he was a great controller of a game

@happy tiger said:
@softlaw said:
Whoever is chosen, 80% of fans will say it's a stupid decision.
Thankfully I think the new boardmembers are savvy enough to completely ignore popular opinion.

They will go through a proper process that gives all applicants a fair and equitable chance to put forward their claims and then make a decision based wholly on those claims.

& then, and only then, we will we be told.

If that's how it plays out then I'm more than happy to give whoever is chosen a fair opportunity to prove themselves. Whether in my uninformed opinion it's a good decision or not.

If Taylor ,Brown or Griffin get picked you can understand why they have their strengths

If anyone else gets picked bar Folkes you have to ask questions why they where picked

Don't agree Happy. If anything Payten and Kidwell are familiar with the facilities, players and the dysfunctional structures that we operated under this year and they both still want the job That speaks volumes to me - and if they have a good vision for the future, they deserve to be considered. I would rather a coach who knows what they are in for and is up for it instead of someone who is looking for another job cause this is the only one available. Just as important for a coach to want be at a club and understand the system as it is for the players to play here - hence why I don't see Griffin as being a front runner However still maintain who ever presents the best in the interview process should get the job and if that is Griffin ,Taylor, or Brown, great.

After watching tonight's game Taylor has the job in the bag… Has a grumpy face in the coaches box

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

@Telltails,mate the only reason that Payten and Kidwell still want the job at the Wests Tigers is they know a big broom is going through the place,it won't be as it was next season..
As I said in another thread…
New fresh board ......New fresh start...

@TrueTiger said:
@Telltails,mate the only reason that Payten and Kidwell still want the job at the Wests Tigers is they know a big broom is going through the place,it won't be as it was next season..
New fresh board ......New fresh start...

I agree , what can Payten or Kidwell being to the table that Potter couldn't ? Besides keeping you know who happy !
A fresh face in the coaches seat is required IMO .

@alexaki said:
After watching tonight's game Taylor has the job in the bag… Has a grumpy face in the coaches box

Yes that qualifies him…ask Fa'alogo... :unamused:

@Telltails said:
@happy tiger said:
@softlaw said:
Whoever is chosen, 80% of fans will say it's a stupid decision.
Thankfully I think the new boardmembers are savvy enough to completely ignore popular opinion.

They will go through a proper process that gives all applicants a fair and equitable chance to put forward their claims and then make a decision based wholly on those claims.

& then, and only then, we will we be told.

If that's how it plays out then I'm more than happy to give whoever is chosen a fair opportunity to prove themselves. Whether in my uninformed opinion it's a good decision or not.

If Taylor ,Brown or Griffin get picked you can understand why they have their strengths

If anyone else gets picked bar Folkes you have to ask questions why they where picked

Don't agree Happy. If anything Payten and Kidwell are familiar with the facilities, players and the dysfunctional structures that we operated under this year and they both still want the job That speaks volumes to me - and if they have a good vision for the future, they deserve to be considered. I would rather a coach who knows what they are in for and is up for it instead of someone who is looking for another job cause this is the only one available. Just as important for a coach to want be at a club and understand the system as it is for the players to play here - hence why I don't see Griffin as being a front runner However still maintain who ever presents the best in the interview process should get the job and if that is Griffin ,Taylor, or Brown, great.

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to see what is wrong with the place Telltails

And if they can't see it they have a report from Brian Smith to explain it all

@Happy,how are you,I see you had a tough time earlier with Taz the turncoat,good to see Geo flicked him..I mentioned in this thread previously to Telltails,that the only reason Payten and Kidwell want to be there next year is because a big broom will go through the joint and it won't be as it was next season..
New board….New start..
What do you reckon mate......

@TrueTiger said:
New fresh board ......New fresh start...[/quot
Whoever is coach will still be judged on results - and even with the biggest of brooms things will not change that much by next year. The coach will still have the same roster, cant see any new facilities emerging just yet, and regardless of the support staff the coach will still wear the successes and the failures, as all head coaches do. Not saying either should get the job but I have no problem with them being in the mix. I am very aware others are very anti both - just offering a different opinion.

@Telltails,I completely understand your opinion and valid points you make,I just think what went on previously with speculation that they wanted the top job and it seemed to hinder our progress,we need new fresh faces in the coaching ranks that the players aren't all that familiar with and maybe stability will finally come within the coaching and player ranks….cheers Telltails..... :smiley: :smiley: :sign:

I hear you True T - I just don't buy into any of the speculation stuff - so much of it unproven. Just want the best candidate to be given the opportunity.

@Telltails said:
@TrueTiger said:
I hear you True T - I just don't buy into any of the speculation stuff - so much of it unproven. Just want the best candidate to be given the opportunity.

Agree with your opinion "Telltails" - Some people's opinion and judgement seems to be clouded, because of all the speculation. Like you mentioned …The board will pick the best one for the job hopefully- whoever that may be. Only time and results will show if they are any good.

I don't mind an old face TT. As long as he can coach well and win us games :wink:

@1/4 chicken said:
Nathan brown has been my mail for a month .i still wonder what he will bring to the club ?

Check out his history of getting clubs to semi's.

@magpiecol said:
@1/4 chicken said:
Nathan brown has been my mail for a month .i still wonder what he will bring to the club ?

Check out his history of getting clubs to semi's.

A couple of boxes of bandages would be handy …........ oh! and Atilla The Hun for a Defensive Coach.

Back