Official - Josh Reynolds Signs Megathread

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Well it appears that our club is finally signing good,experienced NRL players with some go about them…well done to all concerned...Reynolds gets the nod from me because he will be invaluable in regards to Brooks development...

On a side note,it also appears that some of my forum brothers are displeased with Reynolds coming to our club,so much so that the mini bus that Happy acquired has been upgraded to fit more passengers in..

so far Happy is driving and his list of people are ..Tiger Tim,Tyger and Spartan...I wonder how many more will get off Ivans bus and onto our mate Happys.. :unamused:

Happy can pick me up if he's going past. I wonder where Ivan is going to find a spare brain for the transplant that Reynolds obviously needs.

Hope he didn't pay overs for the mini bus. a driver and 3 passengers could fit in a '76 Datsun 120y And look…no paintwork required.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/cleveland/cars-vans-utes/datsun-120y/1145574791

wants 2300 tell him his dreaming. they weren't that much in there day.

@ said:
I'm very unhappy with this. Paid massive overs for an average player. So what if he's passionate, so was Robbie!

720k massive overs? Moses got 780k at Parra…that's overs. This is a bargain

@ said:
I'm very unhappy with this. Paid massive overs for an average player. So what if he's passionate, so was Robbie!

Robbie was passionate. He was also self centered in his gameplay. Reynolds is more of a team player. Its not massibe overs. On todays market is worth around 550-650k.. so not too bad.

@ said:
@ said:

720k massive overs? Moses got 780k at Parra…that's overs. This is a bargain

After all the initial outrage it does seem as your rightly quote that $720-750 mark is about right for what we seem to have paid for Reynolds, to me that isnt massive overs but i guess thats up to which side of the fence your sitting. We had to come out and make a few statements after the news of Teddy, Moses and Woods going, a few more statements would be great to put the cherry ontop.

@ said:
Wests Tigers sign Josh Reynolds
>
Wests Tigers are pleased to announce that Josh Reynolds will be joining the Club for the 2018 NRL season.
>
The new four-year agreement will see the talented five-eighth join Wests Tigers **until at least the end of the 2021 NRL season**.

I don't get the bolded part, does this mean it's a 4 year deal with a 5th year option?

WT used the same wording in the official announcements for Matulino and Nofoaluma as well

Wests Tigers are pleased to announce the signing of New Zealand International Ben Matulino for the coming three seasons.
>
The new deal will see Matulino join Wests Tigers **until at least the end of the 2020 NRL season.**
\

Wests Tigers are pleased to announce that winger David Nofoaluma has signed a new, long-term, agreement with the Club.
>
The new deal will see Nofoaluma remain with Wests Tigers **until at least the end of the 2021 season.**

But not for McQueen

Wests Tigers are pleased to announce that Chris McQueen will be joining the club for the 2018 NRL season.
>
The new agreement will see McQueen join Wests Tigers **until the end of the 2020 season.**

Just curious

I don't like it when they indicate that it's a two year deal but don't mention the option. Case in point is Elijah Taylor when he re-signed at the start of the year:

The tigers release says: "Wests Tigers are pleased to announce the re-signing of experienced lock forward Elijah Taylor for a further two seasons. Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe said Taylor has been a great addition to the Club and was pleased to have him commit for a further two seasons."

http://www.go1.weststigers.com.au/news/2016/11/21/wests_tigers_secure_.html

In the DT article he states "“It’s a one year deal with an option for 2018 in my favour, so I’m pretty happy.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/tigers/elijah-taylor-negotiated-his-new-tigers-contract-on-his-own/news-story/7788f8144de78173701a4e265b30936b

Personally I think he has committed for one season and is uncommitted for the next. It is misleading and deliberately so…....

i thought that ben ikin was a reasonable judge. he suggests that foran was a much more suitable player to chase rather than reynolds.
maybe so,but reynolds has got reliability on his side.
canterbury must be pretty sure that foran has rid his personal demons for a return to sydney in 2018.
ikins judgement is a bit askew i think.

@ said:
i thought that ben ikin was a reasonable judge. he suggests that foran was a much more suitable player to chase rather than reynolds.
canterbury must be pretty sure that foran has rid his personal demons for a return to sydney in 2018.

Yeh agree, in Forans situation I think every knows whats best for him given his recent events would have to be linking up with Des. Ikins logic was only Foran or Cronk which sounds good on paper but under the circumstances were a low chance of landing and could leave the club in a bad situation if we had to wait until SOO 3.

@ said:

Foran is all class and obviously a better 6\. But, he will come at a cost and he is a massive risk to take for someone who will get 1mil a season. Reynolds isn't a world beater but I believe under Cleary you will see weapons from him that have been hindered by the Bulldogs attacking style in recent years.

@ said:
@ said:

Foran is all class and obviously a better 6\. But, he will come at a cost and he is a massive risk to take for someone who will get 1mil a season. Reynolds isn't a world beater but I believe under Cleary you will see weapons from him that have been hindered by the Bulldogs attacking style in recent years.

Have read the same on the dogs forums that they believe he will probably play his best under Ivan.

@ said:

Grub is a former SOO player who can tackle….moses has done nothing yet who cant tackle....i know who paid overs

@ said:
@ said:

The other thing that concerns me about someone like Foran is his mental state these days, plus he's got hamstring issues. He may come good again under Des, but he'll really need to lead that side around the field well if they're to be any chance.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

The other thing that concerns me about someone like Foran is his mental state these days, plus he's got hamstring issues. He may come good again under Des, but he'll really need to lead that side around the field well if they're to be any chance.

Would not go near Foran ..wait till he is reunited with all his mates in Sydney ,leopard's do not change there spots.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

His hammies would be my concern, they are hard to get right once torn.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Well it appears that our club is finally signing good,experienced NRL players with some go about them…well done to all concerned...Reynolds gets the nod from me because he will be invaluable in regards to Brooks development...

On a side note,it also appears that some of my forum brothers are displeased with Reynolds coming to our club,so much so that the mini bus that Happy acquired has been upgraded to fit more passengers in..

so far Happy is driving and his list of people are ..Tiger Tim,Tyger and Spartan...I wonder how many more will get off Ivans bus and onto our mate Happys.. :unamused:

Happy can pick me up if he's going past. I wonder where Ivan is going to find a spare brain for the transplant that Reynolds obviously needs.

Geez GCT,I thought you would like to see some mongrel in the team,Reynolds will change his style under Ivan because he wont tolerate paying big money for ill disciplined players…Reynolds will be good for Brooks and now I think this team is taking shape as real contenders next year..
Stay on Ivans bus and enjoy the ride..if you do go on Happys bus,slip up to the top end and pick up Stryker,he is fishing at the moment and would love some company... :laughing:

I'd love to see controlled aggression, b but his uncontrolled stupid outbursts just show a lack of discipline. Apart from that, Tripping has for a long time regarded as a dog act, and iMO still is.
He may help win a few games, but will lose us some. He's at his worst in tight games, the type that bad discipline can cost a team badly. There was a game that he did something that was incredibly stupid ( I'm buggered if I can remember what it was )) but it was typical of him.
If Des couldn't control him why would Ivan be able to.
Il be happy if he's got that out of his game, but I thinkit's inbuilt.
I just hope that we don't end up regretting this.

Back