Onitoni Large

Re contract you cant exactly hold a 16 year old kid against his will. Wondering if he is off to Rugby? A Rugby friend of mine was pretty adamant last year he would end up there

I’ll put it in here as well.

his parents are sooking because Galvin’s development has scared them and they thought their son would have everything handed to him on a silver platter as opposed to working his ass off and earning his place in the side.

in addition the club rolled out the red carpet for him thru preseason and allowed him to be exposed to an elite environment at 16 and additionally paid for his surgery and rehab after his ankle injury.

self entitled parents, players and player managers should have no place at Wests Tigers, no matter how talented. this reeks of Suaalii at Souths.
That's so silly. Shouldn't Galvin's development inspire him? That he too can make the side at a young age? What's wrong with playing centre?

his parents are sooking because Galvin’s development has scared them and they thought their son would have everything handed to him on a silver platter as opposed to working his ass off and earning his place in the side.

in addition the club rolled out the red carpet for him thru preseason and allowed him to be exposed to an elite environment at 16 and additionally paid for his surgery and rehab after his ankle injury.

self entitled parents, players and player managers should have no place at Wests Tigers, no matter how talented. this reeks of Suaalii at Souths.
I'm wondering when exactly he was expecting be handed the 6 jersey as a 16 year old

We won’t need a half, hooker or fullback for 10 years. That’s a big call but TDS, Galvin and young Bula are as good as I’ve seen come through since Teddy, Benji and Farah.
Luai can play until 35. If we lose young juniors under contract we need to pick up a trade of some description to offset.
I've heard that Wakeham will have matured by 35. - 2035 that is! :ROFLMAO: 🍻🐱🍷:sick:

Disappointing if true about the parents. Watching from afar I don’t think Wests Tigers can do much more.

As @TYGA mentioned, we should work to get someone in return with qualities we need in a position we need. If it so happens to be Roosters, I hope Shannon Gallant is working behind the scenes to get Mikey Nassar back as a future wing option, would kill it on the wing with his speed, height & skill. I think he left due to Fulton prioritising others. Any chance he could see himself as an elite wing @ROZELLE.O.G ?

Reactions: 851
He's a kid he can go where him & his family see fit
unfortunately 4 us haha. His eyes are probably on
home rugby WC '27. No money in junior rugby, that's
why he's not there currently. This isn't confirmed
at all and I wouldn't have said likey but u never know
"A twitter user called The Obstructor is reporting we’ve lost him. Can anyone confirm?"
Not confirmed, but a very good rumour to get our knickers in a knot.
Ha ha Love all these scenarios, what if, what next, can't keep them all, he is only 16!

Reactions: BZN

Have we offered him a top 30 contract for next season?

he was on a four year deal.
Yeah but did that include top 30 ?
I realise we can’t please everyone, but based on potential and attributes to be a star, both he and Mskasini should have had top 30 contracts for 2025 and beyond, well before now.
Our roster management and identifying which players are given top 30 contracts still appears to be very poor.

Yeah but did that include top 30 ?
I realise we can’t please everyone, but based on potential and attributes to be a star, both he and Mskasini should have had top 30 contracts for 2025 and beyond, well before now.
Our roster management and identifying which players are given top 30 contracts still appears to be very poor.
Well Large is 16 years old currently will be 17 in August from what I found so I imagine he wouldn’t have had a top 30 contract for 25 given he wouldn’t have even been 18 by the time next season starts. If he was gonna be top 30 or development at least I imagine that would’ve been for 26. I’m just assuming since normally the NRL won’t allow a player to debut until their 18, you can’t offer that player a top 30 or development deal until they turn 18 or are turning 18 in the season. Plus you have to remember we’ve got 4 spots left to fill currently for our top 30 in 25 and the only development players so far for 25 are Lobb, Mason and Craig. I think there might be some players ahead for now just because they are older. Same applies to Makasini 16 years old probably wouldn’t get a top 30 or development until 2026 when he’s 18. That’s if he’s gonna stick around.

Last edited:

When he came into the scene Sualiii was the comp . Both in personality / family as well as talent . If he’s going to demand 1 mil type salaries I think we have to let him go .
The positives ? We signed up Makasini who is just as talented , and we do have him under contract so potentially we can negotiate for an edge back rower , as the roosters are flush with them .

Reactions: BZN
We won’t need a half, hooker or fullback for 10 years. That’s a big call but TDS, Galvin and young Bula are as good as I’ve seen come through since Teddy, Benji and Farah.
Luai can play until 35. If we lose young juniors under contract we need to pick up a trade of some description to offset.
We need edge back rowers .

Well Large is 16 years old currently will be 17 in August from what I found so I imagine he wouldn’t have had a top 30 contract for 25 given he wouldn’t have even been 18 by the time next season starts. If he was gonna be top 30 or development at least I imagine that would’ve been for 26. I’m just assuming since normally the NRL won’t allow a player to debut until their 18, you can’t offer that player a top 30 or development deal until they turn 18 or are turning 18 in the season. Plus you have to remember we’ve got 4 spots left to fill currently for our top 30 in 25 and the only development players so far are Lobb, Mason and Craig. I think there might be some players ahead for now just because they are older. Same applies to Makasini 16 years old probably wouldn’t get a top 30 or development until 2026 when he’s 18. That’s if he’s gonna stick around.
I thought those who’ve been watching the juniors said he was pretty pedestrian this year at sg ball level . Was outshone by many in the team …

I thought those who’ve been watching the juniors said he was pretty pedestrian this year at sg ball level . Was outshone by many in the team …
I don’t know for sure I didn’t get the chance to watch any lower grade games, but some thought he was a bit light.

"A twitter user called The Obstructor is reporting we’ve lost him. Can anyone confirm?"
Not confirmed, but a very good rumour to get our knickers in a knot.
Ha ha Love all these scenarios, what if, what next, can't keep them all, he is only 16!

Haha I've been made aware.. Nothing 2 suggest he's
left us though. The timing seems a bit bizarre. Dunno

Haha I've been made aware.. Nothing 2 suggest he's
left us though. The timing seems a bit bizarre. Dunno
If he has left us, I imagine it is to Union unless the club gave him permission to leave to another club.

Latest posts

Members online

Back