Richards a liability

@westTAHger said:
we all have differing opinions on Pat Richards.
I'm just glad he was there to kick the field goal.
Nice play, the ball going to Luke Brooks as the foil, then him passing it straight to Big Pat.

Glad he was there to score the two tries and kick for goal too :wink:

@Knuckles said:
Have always enjoyed watching Richards play …..... looking forward to seeing him in action again this year.

… And he didn't let me down ... Good on you Patty :slight_smile:

@Angry Tiger 1 said:
@fergiefurr said:
It's a shame that the majority of people seem to have just read the topic headline and not what I'm actually saying. I don't hate Richards, I don't think he sucks. When he kicked the field goal no one was cheering and singing his praises more then me. I know Adam Reynolds is the flavour of the month but I wouldn't swap his goal kicking for Pats.

When you break it down, we relied on a field goal and goal kicking to beat the team tipped for the wooden spoon missing 3 of their best players. His general play was pretty good last night. Pat scored 2 tries that any nsw cup winger old have scored. If nofo got that chance that Pat didn't take late in the second half he scores and we don't have to worry about a last minute field goal. I don't think his goal kicking is going to matter when we come up souths and the roosters who beat us 6 tries to 2.

You are of the belief that both naiqama and Nofo are better players than Richards. You can have your opinion. Even if it is wrong.

Genius at work right here

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

\
\
Says the guy who started this comical thread.Glass houses pal.The only reason pat has looked to struggle at times last year etc was cause he was carrying injuries.Bad ones too.

Like him or dislike him…Pats skill and ability as a very experienced nrl player will win us games this year...Pat is a WTs legend and played with injuries last year,don't write him off just yet... :sunglasses:

Right him off at your own peril , 2 tries a couple of great goals and a field goal .

More than justifies his position in 1st Grade in my book , his a finisher and that is exactly what he did on the Weekend.

He will win us games single-handedly, and even after just one match he already has!

He has his deficiencies, as all players do, but his positives far, far outweigh his negatives.

@Jerry Seinfeld said:

Says the guy who started this comical thread.Glass houses pal.The only reason pat has looked to struggle at times last year etc was cause he was carrying injuries.Bad ones too.

Fergiefurr got nothin Jerry. This topic and his/her posts in general tell the story.

Alright, before this thread gets out of hand, all personal insults cease now, or the entire thread will be deleted and offending members warned. We've started the season with a win so let's not degenerate threads needlessly please.

@PYMBLEPETE said:
@simonthetiger said:
I think he is backing himself by staying upright and stepping inside.

It would be easier/safer to go lower and wider. But he is such a big unit he gets away with it.

I like how he does it and it makes the kick easier….its like a double shimmy step off both feet!

This is exactly right; he shows huge confidence in his ability to take on the defender and get the ball down. I doubt he is thinking about the kick - just finding the safest way to score.

The so called missed opportunity against the Titans when he failed to go for the corner was a 50/50 call - I cant see that anyone can make a convincing case one way or the other on that one - notwithstanding what the callers had to say.

Even in 04-05 he was never much of a diver when scoring tries. I don't know if he is agile enough to get that low that quickly, esp being 10 years older now.

I remember a great one v St George in 05 when he decked Greenshields to score over the top of him, rather than dive low and cop knees in the ribs.

Pat is all Class. Have you noticed how he never takes credit for himself, but turns it around and gives the team the credit. Love him :slight_smile:)

He scored 15 of our 19 points and got us on the front foot with his kick offs. Patty is All class.
Hopefully he is marking that new 6 an a half foot Fijian winger for saints. I noticed Benji trying to put him into space with cut outs passed and kicks. Pat's got the size and experience to stop him and maybe grab another intercept .

@Tigerdon said:
He scored 15 of our 19 points and got us on the front foot with his kick offs. Patty is All class.
Hopefully he is marking that new 6 an a half foot Fijian winger for saints. I noticed Benji trying to put him into space with cut outs passed and kicks. Pat's got the size and experience to stop him and maybe grab another intercept .

They play opposite sides ..the job of marking Eto will fall to Naiqama….

I'm hoping Pattycakes knocks another game winning FG after the ball takes a flick of Benji on the way through

Much like the one that hit Bryce on the way thru in Round 1 2012

We might have to reword the English football "who ate all the pies?" chant.

Who scored all the tries?
You old bastard
You old bastard
Pat scored all the tries.

@Cosimo_Zaretti said:
We might have to reword the English football "who ate all the pies?" chant.

You old bastard
You old bastard
Pat scored all the tries.

Like it CZ

Back