Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Zorba saying likely Mitch leaving parra and hearing tiger return. Another caller didn't hear who said its done. Also mentioned Crichton to dogs on fullback money.
Zorba…I don’t know how much I would trust his word. Think he knows what’s going on at manly, outside of that not sure!

Does the back-up matter ? We have two guys in the halves who are completely unproven and they are costing us a fortune. They've been in the league for a while and they are not rookies.

Laurie or Smith aren't going to be far off the pace our starters have been playing at.

I don't think Brooks is that bad but at the same time he isn't that good.

Doueihi has moments of brilliance but his average game was well below Brooks last season.
Just that my logic is different to others. Smith is 30 something, but he appears to be an orginisor , which Doueihi and Laurie are not. We are in bandaid mode in the halves, with all 3 not having contracts after 2023. That as sure as shit tells you that the coaches are marching time, until we buy one or two halves. Smith is on a train and trial,at the moment !
I'm not convinced they bought a 30yr old, just to lead the cup side around. After pre-season, and trials, then i think they will know which way to go!

There is a huge restructure and reshaping of our NRL team happening, (and it will effect lower grades as well), with new coaching style and plans, massive player turnover with many new faces, even new premises - all this needs a bit of time to settle in, and the changes aren’t finished yet, the squad rebuilding will continue in 2024.
Don’t be surprised if we take a while to look like a cohesive unit with consistent performances. It will be half a season before everything starts to mesh together. I will be happy to see a change in effort and attitude from our 17 each week - the rest will follow in time.

There is a huge restructure and reshaping of our NRL team happening, (and it will effect lower grades as well), with new coaching style and plans, massive player turnover with many new faces, even new premises - all this needs a bit of time to settle in, and the changes aren’t finished yet, the squad rebuilding will continue in 2024.
Don’t be surprised if we take a while to look like a cohesive unit with consistent performances. It will be half a season before everything starts to mesh together. I will be happy to see a change in effort and attitude from our 17 each week - the rest will follow in time.
But what about our first 2 games at Leichhardt Oval?
I can't wait.
I want the change for the better now! hahaha

1. Daine Laurie
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Brent Naden/Tommy Talau
4. Josh Feledy
5. Junior Tupou
6. Luke Brooks
7. Mitchell Moses
8. Stefano Otikamano
9. Api Koroisau
10. David Klemmer
11. Isaiah Papalili
12. Shawn Blore
13. John Bateman

14. Joe Offa
15. Fonua Pole
16. Alex Twal
17. Christian Matamua

If all goes well and we get Moses this could be our team in 2024 I believe..... pretty impressive - backline a little unpredictable but from the players we have currently that’s how I’d line up
I think Nofoaluma is to be moved if possible. That contract is such a dud for a guy who shows no accountability or maturity.

It'll be interesting to see what Sheens and Marshall can get out of him.

Talau will be in the forwards and Feledy has a huge jump to make to be near NRL. I also hope to see Miller making some bench appearances in 24.

Well our pack is shaping up nicely with a few good signings, Bateman and Brown rumoured to be coming and Kens knee seems to be good still lacking a strike center and 1 impact player off the bench and a question mark over Brooks but still pretty excited for season 23.

Maybe he has a point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Staff online

Back