The "It's not my fault look"....

For such an experienced player, who has played in systems like the Roosters and even Raiders, who had good defensive records, it’s a bit mind boggling. It’s the 101 stuff that is most concerning. He makes very poor reads often falling for decoy runners or has been guilty of coming out if the line. I was aware that he could be a bit lazy before he landed here but it looks like he needs a total re-education on how to defend in the centres.

Tbh will all know what BJ can offer...at the start of the season when Lucy was playing on the right he too was trash....next season I’d like to see how BJ goes without benji defending next to him....BJ definitely has the talent and will have a young talau firming to take his spot

@colinbh said in [The "It's not my fault look"\.\.\.\.](/post/1235115) said:
@Tigerstar said in [The "It's not my fault look"\.\.\.\.](/post/1234976) said:
Needs to slim down if he wants to play centre

If he wants to continue playing first grade, it’s the forwards for him or reserve grade.

That’s just ridiculous. He’s played his entire career at centre, so what sense does that make. A lot of sense to Tigers fans who are obsessed with turning centres into backrowers.

@Moh said in [The "It's not my fault look"\.\.\.\.](/post/1235001) said:
I think you guys are reading too much into it - the only occasion I can remember is BJ spraying the touchy for an alleged obstruction. Looked like it was directed at Nofo, but it wasn't.

None of our players care enough to call the other out.

Agree. I thought the same at the time, but the reply showed different and he was querying the touchy. BJ does however look like a guy that lacks any ownership and would blame anyone but himself.

That whole right edge has no trust in each other. Benji, Garner, Joey and Nofa have no faith in their inside men to make a tackle which just ends up leaving massive gaps all over the shop.

@JoshColeman99 said in [The "It's not my fault look"\.\.\.\.](/post/1235172) said:
That whole right edge has no trust in each other. Benji, Garner, Joey and Nofa have no faith in their inside men to make a tackle which just ends up leaving massive gaps all over the shop.

Bingo!! The outside backs are always going to follow the inside men in. Add to that the lack of faith ( and to be honest it's often justified) in their inside players to hit and stick just allows confusion to reign.

@Cultured_Bogan said in [The "It's not my fault look"\.\.\.\.](/post/1235131) said:
Surprised Paws hasn't popped up in this thread yet.

What is there to write other than Leilua is and always has been a lazy player? Taking shortcuts and letting your team mates do the work has consequences. Nofoaluma goes to zig when he should be zagging. Protected species on this forum. The Storm exploited our right side defensive issues.

@Furious1 said in [The "It's not my fault look"\.\.\.\.](/post/1235174) said:
@JoshColeman99 said in [The "It's not my fault look"\.\.\.\.](/post/1235172) said:

Bingo!! The outside backs are always going to follow the inside men in. Add to that the lack of faith ( and to be honest it's often justified) in their inside players to hit and stick just allows confusion to reign.

Good defence is built off trust you’re never gonna slide and defend as a unit if you’re worried about the guy inside you. Next season hopefully our half and second rower on that right edge are good defenders so Joey and Nofa can work themselves out.

@facepalmer said in [The "It's not my fault look"\.\.\.\.](/post/1235011) said:
Time for BJ to move to the forwards imo

Would need to improve his fitness 100% if he does

@Elderslie_Tiger said in [The "It's not my fault look"\.\.\.\.](/post/1235303) said:
@facepalmer said in [The "It's not my fault look"\.\.\.\.](/post/1235011) said:
Time for BJ to move to the forwards imo

Would need to improve his fitness 100% if he does

And his defence. His tackling is atrocious, he'd get embarrassed playing in the middle.

Unfortunately BJ didn't have a full pre-season under Madge and has only been playing Rugbeh League since he was 6..

You can't expect things like tackling to happen overnight..

The Hynes try was seriously hillarious. He's left whatever brain cells he had at Canberra

I don't think BJ has been so bad in 2020 but last night was one of his worst. Definitely over-reading the play and it looks like Melbourne did their homework, because BJ went wherever Olam went, so they just used Olam as a dummy all night.

Hynes looked like Darren Lockyer, all the time in the world to put himself or the winger away.

@jirskyr said in [The "It's not my fault look"\.\.\.\.](/post/1235552) said:
I don't think BJ has been so bad in 2020 but last night was one of his worst. Definitely over-reading the play and it looks like Melbourne did their homework, because BJ went wherever Olam went, so they just used Olam as a dummy all night.

Hynes looked like Darren Lockyer, all the time in the world to put himself or the winger away.

I agree on BJ this year & last night. I do think a big part of the issue (and rightly so) though is those inside of BJ don’t man up and he doesn’t have confidence on the inside runners so he crams in which does creat large problems on the outside.

He hasn’t had any ball but it’s also not a coincidence that Nofo has had his best season sitting outside of BJ either. He creates more space for his outside man with/without the ball and this year Nofo has played more direct / holding position than years before.

@Harvey said in [The "It's not my fault look"\.\.\.\.](/post/1235436) said:
I think BJ has been the biggest disappointment this year.

I don’t think so at all in fact this is what everyone should’ve expected from BJ. He’s played like this his entire career, defensive mis reads and silly errors but moments of absolute brilliance. The biggest let down is the long suspension, the rest is exactly what I expected.

We thought he was good cause he played good against us but every player plays good against us

He had a monster year in 2016, but outside of that, he’s always been rocks and diamonds.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back