Wests Tigers Board & Ceo Discussion

”Pouring millions of dollars into the Tigers”..

He is a sponsor ffs.. getting a marketing benefit for his ambulance chasing law firm he owns ..

He isn’t giving them the money out of the goodness of his heart..
Not really man. It's not a business decision. They do it for the community or an emotional connection.

My old man had a box at the Knights. Never was about the advertising.... could have partially had to do with the fact it was positioned above the cheerleaders though!

Last edited:
Right the hell on Hammertime.

Seriously take a look. https://www.weststigers.com.au/about/board/

We have 2x former players. One from the 70's and one from the 90's. We then have 5 members who are "business".

Honestly Business side we are Okay. Far better then Parramatta and Manly. There has been talk of contracts being delayed, but were better then when we offered Packer/Reynolds 4 year contracts without performance clauses.

The football side we need the focus and I think we need a "football" board to get the football plan worked out. We just can't have these 70's and 90's players alone.

Thanks bro.

But honestly, I think we need a leg up on the business side. Some of the guys read okay on paper, but they are middle management or sole traders. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, it's just that it's not the right experience to make calls on a significant-sized organization like the Tigers.

They really need to have been managing firms of 80+. No one on there, besides Lee, could make that claim I believe.

Take Nathan Cleary out of their side and see how many titles they win.
It’s easy being on a board when you have a freak of nature and a natural born leader running the side.
Yeah, but he stayed on that side because of a mad tactical play from their management to bring back Ivan. Our board didn't see it coming. It was a Big ballsy fast moving call, that meant removing Gus, and one that paid off.

So yeah, you can put it down to Nathan, but he's there because of the vision from their board.

Not really man. It's not a business decision.

My old man had a box at the Knights. Never was about the advertising.... could have partially had to do with the fact it was positioned above the cheerleaders though!

They do it for the community or an emotional connection.
It's a complete tax wtite off. Nothing comes out if his pockets personally.
The blowhard takes credit for that but not the failures.

Ch9 Chammas reports Chair asked to stand down by Club's major shareholder. He has rejected this demand and vowed to fight. Also mention of O'Farrell as a member of the Board.
No the report is that Tony Andreacchio (not necessarily the entire Board) may have written to Lee H to suggest he stand aside as Chair, but not vacate his Board spot.

BOF used to be our old Chairperson, doesn't everyone remember?

Don't really get involved in board talk cause I have no idea who they are, what they do and how well they do it. Not sure you can blame everything on them.

I do know I want Lee nowhere near the club, he is an embarrassment the way he carries on in the media. And seems completely clueless.

Given the press leaked the Chairman extension as soon as it allegedly happened, plus the fact the club didn't formally announce it, seems to raise the possibility that Lee or Pascoe seem to be the most likely persons leaking information to the media. Given that none of the press we have received this year has been positive, it could be construed that the Chairman has in fact been undermining his own club by talking to the press. If that is the case then his position is surely untenable and I expect him to be removed irrespective of whether it is fact or perception.

Just my opinion based on the "facts" in todays media.

It's business for Brydens... They have us... They have the blues, I believe they tip some into Manly dogs and another SYD team... Also we're involved with Sydney Kings

Yes really…

they advertise a lot in other media… “Have you been injured at work … call us so we can take a third of your lump sum payout for our fees”..

This is a bit different to your old man paying $10k a year for a box..so he can get on the pis with his mates at the games

I’m quite sad about the Tim Sheens departure!

I don’t pretend to know the full story and understand there are two sides to every story. But Tim Sheens is a club legend and will always be remembered as our inaugural premiership coach & a fairytale premiership at that.

The Board & CEO made the decision to bring him back to the club to set us back on the path to glory.

And what we will probably never know is what his contribution was to get us to that next premiership! We know the harsh decisions with Maguire & players cut but there is probably a lot Sheens did with our pathways and identifying the next crop for Matt Betsey to get pathways contracted. And what may prove to be his lasting legacy is Benji as coach!

It just shits me to tears how the Chair, Board & CEO once again made a huge decision in backing Sheens and then decided it wasn’t working prior to his contract fulfilment. It’s time for the Board & CEO to accept their responsibility and make change at their level. It’s time for a new CEO and new Chair (unfortunately I believe they have lost the respect of a majority members, fans, media, managers & no doubt other stakeholders). We need a fresh image painted of our Board & senior administration and an image painted with the word RESPECT.
I agree 100% with your post

Given the press leaked the Chairman extension as soon as it allegedly happened, plus the fact the club didn't formally announce it, seems to raise the possibility that Lee or Pascoe seem to be the most likely persons leaking information to the media. Given that none of the press we have received this year has been positive, it could be construed that the Chairman has in fact been undermining his own club by talking to the press. If that is the case then his position is surely untenable and I expect him to be removed irrespective of whether it is fact or perception.

Just my opinion based on the "facts" in todays media.
Neither of them are good for the Wests Tigers image and our image is the main thing holding us back. See ya 👋

Board needs 1/2 of them replaced with min 2 independent Members
Lee needs to go , I know it’s $ 1 million p year but he is always on TV and Radio spluttering crab no one wants to hear , New Chair like unca Nick strong but hardly ever seen or heard from

JP. Has done a very good job for this club financially , I would keep him on as he gets stuff done , but new directive stay away from football and stay out of the lime lite , no more ask the boss

Head of football needs to be recruited and to run all things football , no more sacking coached , they must be given there time , Benji if he has 3 years he stays win loose or draw we can’t keep doing what has been a regular stuff up

Lee needs to go , I know it’s $ 1 million p year but he is always on TV and Radio spluttering crab no one wants to hear , New Chair like unca Nick strong but hardly ever seen or heard from

JP. Has done a very good job for this club financially , I would keep him on as he gets stuff done , but new directive stay away from football and stay out of the lime lite , no more ask the boss

Head of football needs to be recruited and to run all things football , no more sacking coached , they must be given there time , Benji if he has 3 years he stays win loose or draw we can’t keep doing what has been a regular stuff up
Nah piss JP off too. He’s been driving this train wreck for a decade.

I think it would be just fine if Lee H stayed as independent director but not Chair, and stopped talking to the media. That would solve most of the problems fans have with Lee. However I don't suspect he would go for it.

Latest posts

Back