Who will our marque player be for 2011?

Doubt there will be much money left as we don't have many players on good money off contract this year.

Unfortunately, Tuqiri, Farah, Ellis, and Marshall are taking up most of our cap space now. I reckon we'd have to release players to sign a marquee player.

There aren't many marquee players in the NRL off contract for next year, so I think we might look outside the NRL again like we did with Ellis and Tuqiri.

I'd be happy if the money was used to re-sign key players - which is has. Once Moltzen comes back next year our halfback problem is solved…

He may not be marque but I would love to see Kade Snowden in the tigers pack. Very underated player who should be playing for the blues.

We are in desperate need of a prop that can play a lot of minutes and a goalkicker.
Are there any goalkicking props still around?

@benjibrotown said:
He may not be marque but I would love to see Kade Snowden in the tigers pack. Very underated player who should be playing for the blues.

Great player,I was hoping Tolman,but he is gone so Snowden is next in line.

Need big metre eaters - are big scarey boys to dent the defence
Aston Sims, Jason King, Josh Perry, Ben Cross, Carl Webb, Willie Mason. Neville Costigan, Michael Greenfield,

Ill jump in line for Kade Snowden too.

He is a no nonsense prop. If he was playing for a better team he would have a NSW jersey by now.

I think we should still chase Jeff Lima too. The dogs wont go for him now they have Tolman.

@ron burgandy said:
perry and mason are on the clubs list

guess Perry just fell of the list….http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/josh-perry-is-nrls-latest-loss/story-e6frexnr-1225865707825?from=public_rss" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Willie's set to stay in FNQ to I reckon...

Snowden I've had raps on since Newcastle days...he would be great...didn't he re sign with the Sharkies though?

If we want a marquee Prop....James Graham would be one I'd go for....

C'mon Gareth & Flanno.....would love another Pom..........

@Roysta59 said:
Need big metre eaters - are big scarey boys to dent the defence
Aston Sims, Jason King, Josh Perry, Ben Cross, Carl Webb, Willie Mason. Neville Costigan, Michael Greenfield,

Souths will sign all of these players - they can't resist a good prop. Rusty already has Ben Cross pencilled in to play fullback.

I can think of a handfull of players at the mo that could leave

Free up plenty of $$$$

Doesnt have to be a marquee - just not a fringe FG player

@ron burgandy said:
perry and mason are on the clubs list

I thought Perry was off to the UK for one last decent contract? Can't see Mason helping things at the Tigers although they do need some extra grunt in the forwards.

@DREW76 said:
Keep the $'s to get a decent coach the year after!

Sounds good, but who??? JT ( played for wests and is currently in the mix with the clubs goalkicking!

Back