Adam Doueihi #227

Guys need to call a spade, a spade.

Brooks had every excuse under the sun - he's an ordinary player and he isn't a halfback.

AD has not improved at all and has actually displayed sighs of worsening. He needs to look at himself and ask if this is the career for him. Bruised foot aside, he hasn't lived up to expectations.
Demps be honest,AD was doing fine in an ordinary team under Maguire,he was a standout while the Madge haters said the team is regressing under him and was sacked...dont you think this team is regressing under Sheens and co and that is why AD and others are performing badly?..to be honest with you,I think the team didnt respond to Madge and now their not responding to Sheens,there is plenty of time to get it right,but we need to see improvement within this team in the next 3/4 games or it becomes the same saga all over again....

Demps be honest,AD was doing fine in an ordinary team under Maguire,he was a standout while the Madge haters said the team is regressing under him and was sacked...dont you think this team is regressing under Sheens and co and that is why AD and others are performing badly?..to be honest with you,I think the team didnt respond to Madge and now their not responding to Sheens,there is plenty of time to get it right,but we need to see improvement within this team in the next 3/4 games or it becomes the same saga all over again....
It's likely....

Clearly something isn't working.

Nofo went to Melb and didn't look like a star.

Our team is subpar - hopefully the new recruits don't succumb to this mess.

Madge coached AD to run, that is his strength hands down. Anything else he just struggles to do or be consistent with.

Since his injury he has struggled to even run & his defensive efforts are costly every single game now.

Can blame coaching on his ball playing to some degree but his simple knock ons, intercepts, goal kicking and just lack of defensive efforts aren’t on the coaches thats on AD. Maybe his knee has hit him for six but to me that would be an excuse because he has no issues running long distances fine - to me it’s looks like it’s all mental for him.

Eitherway he is looking busted right now.

It's likely....

Clearly something isn't working.

Nofo went to Melb and didn't look like a star.

Our team is subpar - hopefully the new recruits don't succumb to this mess.
I dont think the team is subpar,I think it is pretty strong with a mix of youth and experience,the ones who have been here the longest are comfortable in their surroundings and know they cant be dropped as others can...hopefully Sheens will finally become the coach that changes all that and makes this team a PROFESSIONAL NRL standard team that we all know it should be...
Lets face it,all the players we have, have talent and performances in rep footy such as origin,country reps and grand finalists with some very handy young ones coming up...
My question is,how many years do we put up with non performing coaches, players and every excuse under the sun for not playing finals in 10 years...? the front office also needs a mention for poor performance even though Pascoe is making money,it doesnt equate to football success....

Madge coached AD to run, that is his strength hands down. Anything else he just struggles to do or be consistent with.

Since his injury he has struggled to even run & his defensive efforts are costly every single game now.

Can blame coaching on his ball playing to some degree but his simple knock ons, intercepts, goal kicking and just lack of defensive efforts aren’t on the coaches thats on AD. Maybe his knee has hit him for six but to me that would be an excuse because he has no issues running long distances fine - to me it’s looks like it’s all mental for him.

Let him go to a sports phycologist and sort his head out MT, because the way he is he is costing us games and embarrassing himself...I hope he can sort himself out,he has ability and could be worth a spot in the top 17 either with us or somewhere else...

Trial him on the wing

1 Charlie
2 AD
3 Naden
4 T'oa
5 Toopz

Are you serious ? One of the slowest players in the team playing on the wing. He needs to be dropped and work on his game.

Anyone who continues to pick the guy including Sheens is doing the guy a massive disservice. He needs someone to be honest with him about his ability and where his career is heading.

Let him go to a sports phycologist and sort his head out MT, because the way he is he is costing us games and embarrassing himself...I hope he can sort himself out,he has ability and could be worth a spot in the top 17 either with us or somewhere else...
Edit
Sort his MT head out

Nailed it.

Sheens goes and says we might see him get some more time there because he is a dominant talker.
You know what they say, "Talk is Cheap," unlike Doueihi's contract and still unbelievable that the knuckle heads signed him for another year before a game was even played.

Shit Staines to stay at fullback and either ressies or a last chance at centre for Doueihi.

Apart from the cost of his contact, Doueihi has cost us too much on the field this season already.

Something needs to happen and fast he has been the biggest difference in us winning/losing the 2 games atm.

He is costing us more than any other player on both ends of the park & we can’t keep letting it happen. It says alot when we have Brooks who has costed us on the attacking end.

Maybe fullback gives him his running game back & from there confidence builds (it’s his main attribute). His handling errors and his defensive efforts scare me at fullback though but he sucks on all 3 currently. He should be in reggies but won’t.

Let’s be real how many top nrl clubs would keep a player in a key position costing the team week in week out like AD or Brooks have been?

Maybe his knee injury is affecting him mentally.
If you look at all the defensive errors it’s not contact it’s positioning before the contact.
He is getting beaten with late footwork.
Maybe sub consciously he isn’t allowing himself to pivot in on his knees.
Needs to stop over chasing, start with a wider frame and make a decision later in the play.
That said maybe fullback could be good for him, seems to have gained his pace back but has lost a tone of agility.
I’d prefer him to start to transition to the middle from the bench. I think in tighter contact he would handle the defence better.
Can see why he’d be preferred at this stage over Stains at the back. In Staines try he showed that you don’t need to be a fullback to support in the middle so he is equally effective on the wing and possibly Doueihis talk at the back would be better for the team.
We did have our best defensive record for years when Doueihi was playing fullback for most of 2019.

Are you serious ? One of the slowest players in the team playing on the wing. He needs to be dropped and work on his game.

Anyone who continues to pick the guy including Sheens is doing the guy a massive disservice. He needs someone to be honest with him about his ability and where his career is heading.
We've said the same about Brooks... for years.

😂😂
This is the Tigers mate

They stay loyal to the duds.

Scored a great try against the Titans.- he can play but has got weaknesses like most of them - and his form at 5/8th as a combo with Brooks at 7 is not working for the team.

Sheens or Benji as much to blame for that attacking structure especially since they talked it up preseason. Looks like they have never played together in their lives.
How long they are prepared to persist is hard to read given depth and lack there of and length of time others have had to improve their performances without much growth but are still there.

Cannot believe Douhie and Brooks had a whole preseason together. Yes Brooks had a couple of weeks off but they looked like a local half pairing that rocked up for that day. How can the coaching staff not see it earlier? 0-3 against the worst teams and now they are changing the team. Talk about amateur hour.

Ad isn't a 6, but neither is Brooks.
You can't just say Brooks can be a running 6 if you're playing left and right. Brooks has zero vision or football instincts.
The only way Brooks is a 6 is if we go back to the 70's with the 6 outside the half and an inside and outside centre. That won't happen so I really don't know where he fits in unless they could turn him into a fullback.
He just doesn't have the skillset for 6 or 7.
AD is either a fullback or a winger.

defensive positioning will have to be on point because he wont be able to get across intime if he does a misread.. we may start leaking alot more points if thats the case

Scored a great try against the Titans.- he can play but has got weaknesses like most of them - and his form at 5/8th as a combo with Brooks at 7 is not working for the team.

Sheens or Benji as much to blame for that attacking structure especially since they talked it up preseason. Looks like they have never played together in their lives.
How long they are prepared to persist is hard to read given depth and lack there of and length of time others have had to improve their performances without much growth but are still there.
Have to say, what sort of training do these guys do? Do they honestly look at Doueihi and Brooks in the halves and think, awesome, look at these attacking plays! Can’t wait for the next game!

I think they were genuine when they said before the season started that they were putting together plays that had never been seen before. Got that right..

Last edited:
Same argument as always , neither players being spoken about are going to be premiership halves

So lets argue about their replacements

Members online

Back