Adam Doueihi #227

Two of our off season recruits who were the most maligned on this forum, Bateman and Staines, have been great for WTs. Staines is a quality player that goes well at fullback. I hope he is retained in the position. Bateman is a professional.

Not sure what people expected when the message was the previous coach and his style was the handbrake on our teams success.
Sheens needs to be largely held responsible for our crap start and his attractive footy talk.
When the forwards have laid a pretty solid platform to get us off to a good start all we needed was to keep it simple and our attack looks totally inept and confused.... and the two biggest disappointmenrs are Douehi and Brooks. Brooks will just roll with same old same old but Douehi looks shot.

If he is fit he should be in reserve grade but they need to sit down with him and have an honesty session. He and the coaching staff are ruining his career.
I don't think it is any coincidence our pacey players - Naden, Staines and Brooks featured in try scoring and breaks. It's obvious we need more pace in the backs.

Two of our off season recruits who were the most maligned on this forum, Bateman and Staines, have been great for WTs. Staines is a quality player that goes well at fullback. I hope he is retained in the position. Bateman is a professional.

I considered Bateman a risky signing. I thought Staines was a real good signing. They've both exceeded my expectations.

AD now firmly in the "needs to go" club. No more chances from me. We now have two of them. All players innocent until proven guilty but the evidence can't be ignored anymore and I'm deeply concerned that Sheens thinks FB is the solution.

We have 2 really. They both have half a go, for half a game, half a brain and half of the required skill, so I guess in that sense they are the perfect halves pairing.

Too slow for Fullback.
Defence too poor for Centre.
Decision making too awful for Five-Eighth.

Put 3/4 kg on him and shift to Lock. We can't settle on a ball-playing lock, but he could be a great fit. Defending in the middle will negate the edge-defensive reads. Adds utility value in the event of a halves or backline injury.

Forget the 200 passes i would just be satisfied to see him become a reasonable defender.At the moment he is failing every single piece of criteria i expect from a player
Notice the excuses for Douhie are starting to replicate the excuses for Brooks.....didnt train all week except captains run,straight back in and you get the performance we did,,,old boys club strike again...

His career at 6 should be over .. AD kind of reminds me of Moses Mbye .. not good enough to nail down any position, but good enough to be picked in the side each week.

If he is fit he should be in reserve grade but they need to sit down with him and have an honesty session. He and the coaching staff are ruining his career.
think AD is a better option at centre than starford

His career at 6 should be over .. AD kind of reminds me of Moses Mbye .. not good enough to nail down any position, but good enough to be picked in the side each week.
He was horrendous yesterday. The only time we should use him is for penalty kicks for touch.
How was that goal he missed from almost in front? Disappointing.

It's idiotic. How good was Staines as well. He has express pace. JAC didn't get anywhere near him. He was backing up in the middle of the park. I can't remember any big mistakes unlike Laurie being back there.

Sheens goes and says we might see him get some more time there because he is a dominant talker.
Effing Ridiculous hey !! 😡🤬🥺

Yesterday was a shocker for AD and just further compounded that he cannot cut it as a 5/8.

I used to think he was more suited as a centre but I'd argue now that we would see better performances at 2nd row or as 14.

The kid is big, can run hard and has a good fend. His ego could be easily fed with a bunch of line breaks and offloads, as well as the occasional try. I do think there is a spot for him in the squad. Very interested to see if Sheens and Co will make some changes this week.

Notice the excuses for Douhie are starting to replicate the excuses for Brooks.....didnt train all week except captains run,straight back in and you get the performance we did,,,old boys club strike again...

Guys need to call a spade, a spade.

Brooks had every excuse under the sun - he's an ordinary player and he isn't a halfback.

AD has not improved at all and has actually displayed sighs of worsening. He needs to look at himself and ask if this is the career for him. Bruised foot aside, he hasn't lived up to expectations.

Big mistake to make him fullback, we'll be calling it friday night I bet. Staines is better in every possible way and deserves a crack at it for a few games, safe under the high ball, has speed to score that runaway try alone is enough to get the nod over AD for me. AD has gotta go centres or sit out in reserves gain some confidence for a bit, sending him to fullback in his current form is a shocking call

Guys need to call a spade, a spade.

Brooks had every excuse under the sun - he's an ordinary player and he isn't a halfback.

AD has not improved at all and has actually displayed sighs of worsening. He needs to look at himself and ask if this is the career for him. Bruised foot aside, he hasn't lived up to expectations.
I genuinely don't think there is a position in the team for him. I think AD at 5/8, centre or fullback makes our team worse.

Latest posts

Members online

Back