Was absolutely superb last night, had worries with Twal the last 18 months as imo he has been poor and hasn’t hit those levels he had during the Cleary era as he barely ran the ball and lacked much impact.
However, you can tell he wants to make more of an impact attacking wise and looked really hungry for the ball which we’ve never really seen from him and he carved there forwards up with the metres he was making! Really inspiring game from him, played like our forward leader and seems like he’s developing his game to the player we all know he can be!
Liking what I saw, could play himself into an origin squad if he can continue to contribute to his attack game and not rely solely on his defence....
He's our best forward
⭐
I know you show big love for your Lebanese Demps, But that statement is ridiculous.
He's our most consistent - Nothing more.
He's never been our best by any reckoning....
I know as fact, Most other top forwards in the game don't rate him at all, not hard to tackle, doesn't hit in Defence, No aggression, Nothing to worry about in attack... He's so 1 dimensional its not funny....
Great guy, Works hard, I Love him to bits... But he's coming into his 6th year in Grade and has added absolutely nothing to his game - Bar minutes played.
If he's our "best" forward, Then you best not worry bagging any of the other players - ever... Because we're going nowhere if he's our best forward, No matter who the halfback is.
He should be a bench prop, That's his best position - At any other club, He might not even be that....
Who else is better tho?
Utoikamanu, arguably.
I really like the Alex x Stef starting pairing.
Stefano, Musgrave, Twal at middle to start we win any game until the reserves come on..... or the police for Musgrave haha
I would argue we're stronger with Twal on the bench - To hold the middle after the first stint, Coming on when there's some gas taken out of the game.
If Twal was coming on at prop after the first 20, I think it would go a long way to holding us together in the middle during the time when we usually start to crumble.