Ava - Sharks -[Official]...

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Jeez, anyone would think we are minor premiers with the way clubs are poaching our players..

Mate, in recent times the sharks have hunted us well

They sure have. I just never get why?

Ok I get that players want to play with players they knew. Beau Ryan wanted to play with Chris H…. But I never understood why as they were not really connected on the field in any way. I get it if you know Bryce Gibbs and Fifita why you would at least want to work with some familiar people. But no idea why the Sharks were able to hunt us from John Morris onwards.

Sadly we never really seemed to get the same with many clubs. I know we poached 1 or 2 from Melbourne, then Souths, **but never raided like the Sharks did**.

I think we have had a pretty good run at Penrith lately.

@ said:
Ava was very good tonight. First time i can honestly say that he regularly bent the line.

Dissappointing it was a job interview in front of his new employers that sparked the performance….

Was thinking the same thing

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Tonight's performance proves why he wasn't worth the cash he wanted. Didn't stand up when we were needed. As soft as a performance by a prop in a Wests Tigers jersey.

Josh was awesome…

Seumanufagai not far behind mate..from the opening hit up..

I will have to watch the game again. I didnt see it that way. He was routinely only making 4-6 metres a hit up from what I could see. I was hoping he would be a leader with Woods and didnt feel that happened.

He got interested when we were close to their line.

Yes, the opening hit up was great but that may be clouding some judgments.

Was nothing flash. Average 8m a carry only took 3 more hit ups then his season average as well. U think with woods off he would of had closer to 16/17 carries. Work ethic isn't there yet for him.

That was his best game
I was at game the sharks line speed was amazing it was only tough metres to be made
He made great contact in defence to
Do did josh al
Brooks and Joel Edwards all night

I thought he ran with more purpose and impact than anything I've seen from him. I thought he was close to our MOM.

Has he definitely gone to the Sharks?

I want him to stay.

@ said:
Not a big loss. Him and Sue have really failed to make much of an impact this year. It won't be too hard to replace him

Agree with that comment… I though Sue would have a breakout year this year but......

sue just isnt big enough for front row.

seumanafei goes well but easily replaced. Would of been good on the bench though.

Really? His 109kg I belive, what isn't big enough for the front row when you've got guys like Gallen, Ethan Lowe, Matt Prior, Nathan Brown, Kyle Turner, Issac Lui and Aidan Tolman all spending time up front and in the Middle
Sue is honestly our most punchy forward and makes the most meters after contact in the team during his hitups. Start him at Prop until Joshie A grows completely into his body.

@ said:
Really? His 109kg I belive, what isn't big enough for the front row when you've got guys like Gallen, Ethan Lowe, Matt Prior, Nathan Brown, Kyle Turner, Issac Lui and Aidan Tolman all spending time up front and in the Middle
Sue is honestly our most punchy forward and makes the most meters after contact in the team during his hitups. Start him at Prop until Joshie A grows completely into his body.

I can actually back up this sentiment with factual analysis that sue is actually Tigers best forward +/- wise, sue (-1.32) is 2 point per 80m played better than the next tigers forward. Fearless leader Aaron woods is -8.32 points per 80 mins played. Enjoy the 1 mil wasted per season Bulldogs.

@ said:
@ said:

I can actually back up this sentiment with factual analysis that sue is actually Tigers best forward +/- wise, sue (-1.32) is 2 point per 80m played better than the next tigers forward. Fearless leader Aaron woods is -8.32 points per 80 mins played. Enjoy the 1 mil wasted per season Bulldogs.

In case anyone was wondering James graham (-0.33) and they think woods is an upgrade lol.

@ said:
Tonights performance proves why he wasn't worth the cash he wanted. Didn't stand up when we were needed. As soft as a performance by a prop in a Wests Tigers jersey.

You must have been on the sauce. Worst prop in a Wts jersey. ?
You obviously haven't see many Wts games
He's not the best, but he's a long long way ahead of the worst.

Good lock with the sharks Ava, thanks for your efforts here

Gee I dont understand this. I think he is the sort of player we need more of, and he continues to keep improving.
Two for two at this point- think we need a couple more.
Annoys the hell out of me that the Sharks have reportedly got him.

@ said:
@ said:

I think we are a lot better off losing Woods especially for the money he wants. I think Ava is a loss. To me he has more impact per run than what Woods does.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

In case anyone was wondering James graham (-0.33) and they think woods is an upgrade lol.

Packer +10.78

Stats huh…Woods achieves his 80mins in 1.2367439 Games...blokes like Packer and Kasiano take 2.8976549 Games to achieve their 80mins so of course they may rate higher as they they have less work to do in the games they play each week...

You need to look at like for like comparisons...

@ said:
@ said:
Tonights performance proves why he wasn't worth the cash he wanted. Didn't stand up when we were needed. As soft as a performance by a prop in a Wests Tigers jersey.

You must have been on the sauce. Worst prop in a Wts jersey. ?
You obviously haven't see many Wts games
He's not the best, but he's a long long way ahead of the worst.

Good lock with the sharks Ava, thanks for your efforts here

I think you are overreading as usual GCT. Try to read what I write and dont look for hidden meaning.

I thought his performance on Sat night, particularly in the second 40, was soft. He had a chance to stand up and be a leader and didnt. I dont care for, or ooh and aah over, one run. I look at the overall performance. I have watched the game again. The second time I have watched it stone cold sober and reiterate my initial assessment. It was a limp effort from Ava.

I like Ava generally. But he is not a first string prop as that perfomance made clear. His usual performances are, admittedly, better than Sat night.

Latest posts

Back