Coaches Corner

Ah methylsalicylate, used to use it on my slot car tyres at the end of the 60's, that was before they came up with Moo 2 or Moo Goo or something like that.
Why?
Was it sticky?
I think you're thinking of just 'goo'... There was also 'shoo goo' too which was good protection for the bottom of cricket bats

Why?
Was it sticky?
I think you're thinking of just 'goo'... There was also 'shoo goo' too which was good protection for the bottom of cricket bats
It think it was mainly used to soften up the tyres back in the day before they came up with the really wide spongy tyres. I was using it back at the end of the 60's when any self respecting suburb had 2 or 3 slot car tracks.

I found this article about a product recall that contained methyl salicylate.

Plenty more mentions of methyl salicylate on various slot car forums as well.
..........................................................................................

Recall: Ground Effects Tire Traction Compound Recalled by Paragon Racing Products​

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASECONTACT: Kate Primo
November 17, 1995(301) 504-7046
Release # 96-025
CPSC, Paragon Racing Products, Inc. Announce Recall Of Ground Effects Tire Traction Compound
WASHINGTON, D.C. - In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Paragon Racing Products, Inc.of Waconia, Minn., is voluntarily recalling approximately 75,000 4 - and 8-fluid ounce containers of Ground Effects Tire Traction Compound. The product, which contains methyl salicylate, was not packaged with child- resistant closures. The product is toxic and can cause serious injury or death if it is accidentally ingested.

The Ground Effects Tire Traction Compound is used by hobbyists on the tires of model racing cars to help provide traction. Approximately 75,000 cans were sold nationwide in hobby supply stores from 1989 to August, 1995. The 4-fluid ounce package sold for approximately $6.50 and the 8-fluid ounce size for $10.50.

Consumers should discontinue use of the product and call Paragon Racing Products at (612) 442-6364 to receive a free safety closure. Consumers can also write to Paragon at 340 Industrial Boulevard, Waconia, Minn. 55387.

Under the Poison Prevention Packaging Act, products containing more than 5% methyl salicylate are required to be packaged in containers with child-resistant packaging. Paragon Racing Products and CPSC are not aware of any injuries associated with this product.

Shit that takes me back. I had a Duncan Fernley bat just like Allan Border with shoe goo on the toe.
Wow, an AB Duncan Fernley. I wanted one bad, never did. I had a Greg Mathew’s grey nic I think, it was nice, Best bat I had was an English Gooch SS I think, got it from a Pom, what a middle.

Will we get admonished if we talk about football in the "Now for something completely different" topic.
Being a bit silly.
I can't help it if this topic is a dead end.
Of cause you can talk about footy in the other topic, it's better in there than starting a new topic on too many things that don't get any interest 🤔

Wht wasn't Gardiner given the gig. It still has me perplexed.
I would answer in this way - yes it is tough on Kimmorley but at the same time it is an opportunity to develop skills which he can take back to the Pathways team. Since we are investing in outstanding juniors, we should also invest heavily in those staff required to develop them. As for Gardiner, if he is not viewed as part of the future, there was no point in offering the opportunity.

I would answer in this way - yes it is tough on Kimmorley but at the same time it is an opportunity to develop skills which he can take back to the Pathways team. Since we are investing in outstanding juniors, we should also invest heavily in those staff required to develop them. As for Gardiner, if he is not viewed as part of the future, there was no point in offering the opportunity.
Brett also has the option to coach the NRLW team, so either way his experience will benefit the club. Which leads to the reason Ben Gardiner wasn’t chosen. Not that he wouldn’t have been a better fit, he knows how to coach.

Interesting interview Beau Ryan Tipple M. Says club was tight and family friendly when he was with tigers and the club could sell itself to potential new players , Lunches , Breakfast , whole family at game day , kids at training made it a place to like , doesn’t think this happens now , believes Benji and Robby will be able to sell the club to new players and bring that back , help players move to the club with all the stuff in the back ground like schools for kids transport if wife works , new home area to live

Interesting interview Beau Ryan Tipple M. Says club was tight and family friendly when he was with tigers and the club could sell itself to potential new players , Lunches , Breakfast , whole family at game day , kids at training made it a place to like , doesn’t think this happens now , believes Benji and Robby will be able to sell the club to new players and bring that back , help players move to the club with all the stuff in the back ground like schools for kids transport if wife works , new home area to live
I agree. I like the concept of building a 'family club' that supports players & staff families and also sells the club to families to join. We have a number of families (i.e. brothers) involved in the pathways like the Saukuru, Large, Laulilli, O'Kane, Tannous etc. Hawthorn have done this in the AFL and have become a powerhouse and everyone knows them as the 'family club'. They recently has all the players' dads down to a training session for some fun games, as an example.

Old news... From The Mole:

SHEENS RECRUITS OLD FRIEND

Former Raiders coach David Furner has signed on to join Tim Sheens' staff at the Tigers for next season.

Furner is regarded among the best assistant coaches in the game, having worked at the Knights and Bulldogs over the past two seasons.

Sheens and Furner are extremely close - the veteran coach brought Furner into first grade as a player in the early 1990s and then had him as an assistant when he coached the Kangaroos a decade ago.

Furner, whose father Don was the inaugural Raiders coach in 1982, also coached Canberra from 2009 to 2013.

Back