Confirmed: Matterson released from Wests Tigers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@gallagher dude you have got to be the worst person on here!!! Do you ever say anything positive ? It’s all , Pascoe is the Worst , the tigers are the worst , Madge can’t coach , our players suck . You literally add nothing to any debate from what I’ve seen . It’s all agenda driven Rubbish with next to no substance .

@TigerTiger said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1066307) said:
@ElleryHanley It's nice that all the players know who will win the GF. You hear about these players leaving their club and joining another because they want to win a GF, doesn't that just scream to you that the comp isn't fair and on a level playing field? Even the players know it, openly express it.

It is interesting and it’s not something you ever heard players outrightly say prior to the past 2-3 years. Players have always left clubs for one reason or another, but it was usually because there was a better offer on the table at the end of their contract with their current club. Now many are wanting out of certain teams well before their contract is up, so they can join one of the teams that are a ‘real’ chance of winning the comp. It does make you wonder.

@happy_tiger said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1066029) said:
@diedpretty said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1066013) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1065940) said:
@Cultured_Bogan said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1065935) said:
Back on Matterson, the only way the club should release him is where there is significant net benefit for us. The way they played out Ivan last year worked out well for us. We hold the cards, he is contracted and he is wanted so whatever comes in the way of negotiation will favour us if another club wants him badly enough.

And just on the topic of contracts and players being "rightfully" able to seek more, if you engage a builder to build a two homes for you, he builds the first to a good standard & in accordance with the terms of the contract and he comes back to you and says "since I did a good job, can you pay me double now for the second one?" What would you say to them?

But when the customer becomes too demanding in the builder's eyes and wants to change the original plans completely from original deal

Matterson may have thought it was going to be a 3 bedroom single garage and bathroom under Cleary and then it ends up becoming a 200 unit skyscraper under Maguire .....

Forget all the stupid analogies. Bottom line is he was signed to play football for WT for 3 years. What Cleary did or did not promise him is irrelevant.

I think most are missing my point

Matterson is to blame ....Wests Tigers are just as much to blame ...read my other comments .......this will be the 3rd time Matterson has wanted out of a contract ....what we didn't see it could be a possibility at the very least if there were any issues

No Happy you're wrong - first and foremost clubs don't have to disclose why they let players go. So there is no definitive info out there as to why Parra let him go or why rorters let him go - it is all speculation. At the time we signed him there was nothing out there - and I stipulate out there - that suggested he was a problem child. And then is the other problem with your argument. If you are right in that teams should never sign errant players how does Suli fit in the mix.

@Strongee said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1066344) said:
@gallagher dude you have got to be the worst person on here!!! Do you ever say anything positive ? It’s all , Pascoe is the Worst , the tigers are the worst , Madge can’t coach , our players suck . You literally add nothing to any debate from what I’ve seen . It’s all agenda driven Rubbish with next to no substance .

That's ok. Never said Madge sucks and rarely bag the players though. Pascoe sucks, yes.

@Strongee said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1066344) said:

If you think that's bad you should join the Facebook group 'WESTS TIGERS WILL NEVER DIE !'. There's one guy on there who, every day, without fail, will remind everyone how Pascoe has cost us 639k of the salary cap and has bent our club over backwards. Don't bother arguing because these are FACTS.

And sometimes he gets bored and will bring up random piece of negativity to ensure everyone has a great day. Like remember when Ivan Cleary screwed us? Pascoe should've seen it coming. Everyone knew Ivan was a snake. Pascoe is INCOMPETENT and MUST resign.

Watch it if you bring up something good Pascoe has done, because you're about to get hit with some cold, hard FACTS.

@diedpretty said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1066349) said:
Back on Matterson, the only way the club should release him is where there is significant net benefit for us. The way they played out Ivan last year worked out well for us. We hold the cards, he is contracted and he is wanted so whatever comes in the way of negotiation will favour us if another club wants him badly enough.

And just on the topic of contracts and players being "rightfully" able to seek more, if you engage a builder to build a two homes for you, he builds the first to a good standard & in accordance with the terms of the contract and he comes back to you and says "since I did a good job, can you pay me double now for the second one?" What would you say to them?

But when the customer becomes too demanding in the builder's eyes and wants to change the original plans completely from original deal

Matterson may have thought it was going to be a 3 bedroom single garage and bathroom under Cleary and then it ends up becoming a 200 unit skyscraper under Maguire .....

Forget all the stupid analogies. Bottom line is he was signed to play football for WT for 3 years. What Cleary did or did not promise him is irrelevant.

Matterson is to blame ....Wests Tigers are just as much to blame ...read my other comments .......this will be the 3rd time Matterson has wanted out of a contract ....what we didn't see it could be a possibility at the very least if there were any issues

No Happy you're wrong - first and foremost clubs don't have to disclose why they let players go. So there is no definitive info out there as to why Parra let him go or why rorters let him go - it is all speculation. At the time we signed him there was nothing out there - and I stipulate out there - that suggested he was a problem child. And then is the other problem with your argument. If you are right in that teams should never sign errant players how does Suli fit in the mix.

I can tell you why the Chooks released Matto. I was told by a member of the Chooks coaching staff...he had a history of concussions and they thought it was to risky to extend and increase his contract. There was nothing sinister, it was purely based on his history of head knocks

Suli finally got a coach who knew the right mix of man management that would work with Suli

@supercoach said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1066352) said:

I can tell you why the Chooks released Matto. I was told by a member of the Chooks coaching staff...he had a history of concussions and they thought it was to risky to extend and increase his contract. There was nothing sinister, it was purely based on his history of head knocks

I heard he confronted Robinson when the Rorters bought Angus Crichton and it was all down hill from there.

@happy_tiger said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1066355) said:

Suli finally got a coach who knew the right mix of man management that would work with Suli

It’s a bit hard to work with someone who doesn’t come to work!

@colinbh said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1066365) said:

It’s a bit hard to work with someone who doesn’t come to work!

He was there he was just asleep lol

So we can look forward to Luke Kearys release soon??....but seriously politis and Robbinson probably had a fair idea that this bloke was trouble

The coach you are talking about got rid of him from the Dogs.

@iofthetigers said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1066378) said:

The coach you are talking about got rid of him from the Dogs.

I think Pay got rid of Suli didn't he? Hasler was gone after 2017.

@supercoach Walking HIA he was lucky this season but head knocks will come . I will be glad when he is not at the club TBH, let him be someone else’s problem , hopefully the club gets something in return .

@Mccarry said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1066364) said:

I heard he confronted Robinson when the Rorters bought Angus Crichton and it was all down hill from there.

I was told by his relative in March (who's son was given heaps of WT gear by Ryan), that he had issues with the coach and Latrell. If the junior footy season was still running, I would definitely be asking exactly what was going on now.

@ElleryHanley said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1066339) said:
@ElleryHanley It's nice that all the players know who will win the GF. You hear about these players leaving their club and joining another because they want to win a GF, doesn't that just scream to you that the comp isn't fair and on a level playing field? Even the players know it, openly express it.

The NRL does not police it, that is why.

They need a free agency / trade / draft like the AFL....NBA......NFL.....

Every code with a salary cap has all those things.

Caps do not work without all the components.

Which is why we have this mess.

Don't agree on a draft myself.

@Russell said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1066384) said:
@ElleryHanley said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1066339) said:

The NRL does not police it, that is why.

They need a free agency / trade / draft like the AFL....NBA......NFL.....

Every code with a salary cap has all those things.

Caps do not work without all the components.

Which is why we have this mess.

Don't agree on a draft myself.

The RLPA will never let it happen

@formerguest
So thats the real reason, Matterson wants out before Latrell arrives, I put 2 and 2 together and got 5 :grinning: but it will make a good rumour, cue The Mole.... :wink:

G'day @Spacecub: you probably didn't realise it at the time you posted your article re..." but seriously politis and Robbinson probably had a fair idea that this bloke was trouble" is exactly what @diedpretty was telling us, ie..."there is no definitive info out there"...we are just listening to and believing what people tell us, only because we choose to do that..."there is no definitive answer out there" re Ryan Matterson. Have a great day :fa-smile-o:

@supercoach Well Matterson is also another Cleary signing which appears to have gone sour. If you want to put some blame on research on player signings then there is a target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back