Halves

Our development is not great. How do you develop a half and keep him from being recruited form the roosters?

It's really tough. Somehow we have to pluck some kid from somewhere and until we do we have to keep working through the options that we have.

If we get that player or a couple of them we need to have the money to retain them early as well. So we need to manage our cap well.

I agree with that, but it still doesn’t answer why we currently have our edge forwards consistently so flat and very rarely steaming onto the ball ?
They are flat. The forwards are interesting. But when you have 3 internationals.amd a.formwr state of origin player I have no idea why the timing is out. It has to be the halves of the coaching.

Have a bad feeling a out Benji being a coach.

I agree with that, but it still doesn’t answer why we currently have our edge forwards consistently so flat and very rarely steaming onto the ball ?

My take is apart from today our middle forwards haven't really stepped up. IP made some good runs today. Bateman has been making some good runs.

After watching Daine Laurie at HB in NSW Cup today, I think Sheens could do worse than consider him at HB and Brooks at 5/8.

Daine was very vocal all game, running the team in attack and constantly taking ownership of the attacking plays. He appears to have far greater game awareness and management ability than Brooks. He also has a mix of running structured plays and individual skill… He wasn’t perfect, but he did a lot of things well.

I get we feel that we should have kept Hastings. I think the same. I just think we need to get over it and stop agonising. We have to play what is in front of us now. It is what it is and nothing much is going to change for the rest of season 2023. Not what I was hoping for and not happy about it. Just another year of under achievement as a Tigers member.

It's really tough. Somehow we have to pluck some kid from somewhere and until we do we have to keep working through the options that we have.

If we get that player or a couple of them we need to have the money to retain them early as well. So we need to manage our cap well.
Your right. We also need to know they can play...sick of the coaches carrying on about potential. Get the juniors.wjo rip in as much as they show potential.

For those blaming Brooks alone, theoretically if we had Tedesco at fullback, Moses at 7 and Brooks at 6 with the rest of this current team the same, how many wins do you think we would currently be sitting on ?
I say at least 6 and if that’s in any way correct, maybe it’s the players playing with Brooks that are just as much, if not more the problem ?

For those blaming Brooks alone, theoretically if we had Tedesco at fullback, Moses at 7 and Brooks at 6 with the rest of this current team the same, how many wins do you think we would currently be sitting on ?
I say at least 6 and if that’s in any way correct, maybe it’s the players playing with Brooks that are just as much, if not more the problem ?
Not Brooks alone. Douhie,wakeham the coaching staff and him.

Not.sjre what's going on but once API passes it we seem to be clueless. Comes down to alot of factors. Starting to thing th coaching staff is to blame for alot of it. Picking Wakeham in the first place.

After watching Daine Laurie at HB in NSW Cup today, I think Sheens could do worse than consider him at HB and Brooks at 5/8.

Daine was very vocal all game, running the team in attack and constantly taking ownership of the attacking plays. He appears to have far greater game awareness and management ability than Brooks. He also has a mix of running structured plays and individual skill… He wasn’t perfect, but he did a lot of things well.

The numbers on their back don't matter because they would both be predominantly runners of the footy. We wouldn't have the organizing 7 this forum wants. I think it's the best idea though.

Api at 7 might work as well. Api is a gun.

The coaching staff have to keep trying things.

That's the issue. Douhie, Wakeham, Brooks and Hastings are all bottom 8 or reserve graders. Do we want to go for top 4 or do we want to be 2-5 with a halfback that won't win a premiership?

Every half we have including Hastings from last year should be gone.

Start fresh
Difference is. If Hastings was here instead of Brooks this year we'd more than likely have won 3-4 games this year and we look a much more attractive proposition. Instead we kept the lowest bloke to have played NRL who has buried us

Starting to thing th coaching staff is to blame for alot of it. Picking Wakeham in the first place.

Who else do you put there though ? It's the roster which is the same as last year.

As I said in another thread I only seen 15 mins, he made 2 errors and a line break. He played ok, with urgency, and looked interested for a change. He did anough as a 7 to replace one of the 2 that played today.
I cant bring myself to say it, so I will put it another way, I would reluctantly replace Wakeham, wishing I could really replace both.

the roster n coaching staff are no way what was here last year,some improvement,yet still no wins yet

I meant the roster is the reason we are losing which is the same reason as we lost last year. We've made lots of changes.

0 - 7 with Brooks, surely we could not be stupid enough to extend his contract, time to retire him and give someone else a go even if it is a ball girl.

It's not they're responsibility to direct the play in the opposition 20 which we have ample of, it's Brooks. It's also Brooks responsibility to do the kicking, at least I thought it was seeing as how he is a 10 year veteran, but 90 percent of that was left to Wakeham who is in and out of reserve grade. He is a cat, he's been ducking his responsibilities to this team for years, if it wasn't for the Tigers he never would have played 100 games let alone 10 years of N.R.L. No other club would have put up with his uselessness. He is an absolute passenger.

Those were for 2024.

What else? Get a steady / solid half for 2023.

Dolphins took the kid from Penrith when he lived 30 mins away from us.

EVERY team in the comp has at least one decent half. Sharks have four.

He should have identified it as a priority for 2023.

Even with Hastings we would likely be 3 and 4 now, maybe even 4 and 3.
Peter O'Sullivan is at Dolphins. Sean is his son yeah?

He tried to sign Moses and Munster. Both said no. What else do you want him to do?
Come on, those two were pipe dreams.
If you're gunna sell the so-called lock that was the best 7 at the club, and the apprentice 7 that the club has just invested 4 years into, he should of had a bloody contingency plan.

Back