Meyer: cambo has once last chance

@genoshan said:
From this theres a few things that are agreed on;

1\. The crowd figure was higher than reported.
2\. To give up on the Macarthur Area would be plain dumb.
3\. The future of WT will be in SW Sydney
4\. Mayer's announcement about Campbelltown was stupid.

We don't all agree ;
1\. The Magpies side are not getting a fair share.
2\. The crowds we are getting week in week out at CSS are way lower than they should be.

What are the answers to fix the 2 things we don't agree on ? Especially the crowds at CSS ?

I disagree strongly with three and four…..why is the future of the tigers only in SW SYdney...that just as dumb as saying no games at Cambo.

And Mayer was calling a spade a spade.....if we got 6k in those conditions at LO,ANZ or then moon,well thats atrocious.

@simonthetiger said:
@genoshan said:

We don't all agree ;
2\. The crowds we are getting week in week out at CSS are way lower than they should be.

What are the answers to fix the 2 things we don't agree on ? Especially the crowds at CSS ?

I disagree strongly with three and four…..why is the future of the tigers only in SW SYdney...that just as dumb as saying no games at Cambo.

And Mayer was calling a spade a spade.....if we got 6k in those conditions at LO,ANZ or then moon,well thats atrocious.

If you agree with points 1 & 2 it makes 3 & 4 more likely.

I also never said the future of WT was ONLY in SW Sydney, rather it is the future. The day is coming where Sydney has too many teams. The NRL will push some sides out, but they will never want to relinquish the heartland of junior league that is SW Sydney.

@genoshan said:

We don't all agree ;

I disagree with 1-4.

There is a lot more analysis that needs to be done that we can't do.

Campbelltown games currently generate a loss. Full Stop. Yet to possibly get more people there, some want MORE money invested. A cost benefit analysis needs to be done by Mayer.

I think that's where his post-game comments are coming from. Born from frustration that he is being pushed into a corner where he won't be able to make any other decision but to move games to ANZ. I have no doubt he wants the Tigers playing there, as do we all!

But there comes a time, especially with WT financial pressures, that he needs to make Wests Tigers a viable standalone entity. To do that, he can't carry campbelltown by throwing more money and discounts without the crowds responding. It just not sound business practice.

Anyone who doesn't see the relevance in asking where the 10 000 people were who attended the week before obviously sees it as a LO v CSS issue. Both grounds are suppose to be our home. If we played at Homebush 2 weeks in a row, drew 20K the first week, then the second drew 10K, wouldn't people be asking why the drop? And i'm sick of hearing about how far C-town is. Never once have i ever heard anyone from the SW say that they hate the drive all the way into the city, yet constantly hear the reverse. There's double standards at play here.

@hammertime said:
@genoshan said:

We don't all agree ;

I disagree with 1-4.

Campbelltown games currently generate a loss. Full Stop. Yet to possibly get more people there, some want MORE money invested. A cost benefit analysis needs to be done by Mayer.

I think that's where his post-game comments are coming from. Born from frustration that he is being pushed into a corner where he won't be able to make any other decision but to move games to ANZ. I have no doubt he wants the Tigers playing there, as do we all!

But there comes a time, especially with WT financial pressures, that he needs to make Wests Tigers a viable standalone entity. To do that, he can't carry campbelltown by throwing more money and discounts without the crowds responding. It just not sound business practice.

Not sure what money and discounts are you referring to Hammertime. If it's the $10 tickets if you show up before 4pm that was released via twitter well that just does cut it. It was tweeted 2 days before the game and even on this forum no one knew whether it was legit or not.
As far as money goes well I can't argue there because I just don't know what money your referring to. Maybe there is !

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

@hammertime said:
@genoshan said:

We don't all agree ;

I disagree with 1-4.

i totally agree on the need to do a cost benefit analysis, though not on the games at Campelltown, but the efficiency of the marketing strategies used in the area/games in the area. By not evaluating the current strategies employed which are obviously not working, to be honest not even having the capacity to evaluate them, neverlone not having alternate marketing strategies to compete for the market, is astonishly amateur. To make a sound business decisions, to be a viable business, you need to operate at a proficient and professional level, sadly we just arent there yet.

Dont think that the capability to audit our marketing strategies out west is throwing good money after bad, it is almost irresponsible that we arent doing so across our entire schedule of fixtures, neverlone our entire business structure top to bottom.

I have faith we are slowly moving in the right direction at the moment, having the resources to correct the shambles we were is beyond us at present… but throwing in the towel on the area before we can say we have had an honest professional go at turning it around for a profit in unacceptable.

**Ire of the Tigers**

It’s been a special week for Tigers fans.

Barry O’Farrell resigns as NSW Premier after failing to remember a bottle of expensive plonk sent to him by former Wests Tigers deputy chairman Nick Di Girolamo, who is up to his eyeballs in an ICAC inquiry over his dealings with the Obeid family.

Captain Robbie Farah has busted his elbow and could miss the Origin opener for NSW.

Thankfully, their footy side is winning games, but for how much longer will they be doing so before the faithful at Campbelltown?

By the sounds of it, Tigers chief executive Grant Mayer wants them out of there.

Mayer surprised hard-working hacks at half-time during the win over the Cowboys when he came into the press box to announce the paltry crowd figure of 6456.

Take it from someone who knows, crowd figures are never delivered as soon as half-time, and they are never delivered from an enthusiastic boss of the club.

**According to several reporters, Mayer seemed delighted at the small crowd figure, before delivering this quote: “It is a last throw of the dice for Campbelltown to come and show they support their club. Then we will have to reassess whether we continue to run games here at a loss.”**

He was referring to the next fixture at Campbelltown Sportsground in May.

It was very aggressive rhetoric at best, and certainly feeds the belief from the Western Suburbs side of the joint venture they are not wanted and this is very much a Balmain club.
Which is strange, given how little that side of the marriage has tipped in during recent years.

The Tigers are suffering an identity crisis in much the same way the ill-fated Northern Eagles did before North Sydney were discarded and the Manly club was reborn into a powerhouse.

We'll give Mayer – a smart operator, it must be said – his due. Playing at Campbelltown costs the club a bucketload.
\
\
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/new-york-yankees-next-major-league-baseball-team-to-head-down-under-20140417-zqvu9.html#ixzz2zCJCzVhz

It's like on queue there is a chance to throw a divisive issue up and Galahs shoots his goo in a rush to post it

Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water …...................

Here comes another 40 pages

I imagine the non heathens amongst us will be too busy with Jeebus stuff to get into this happy

I believe it to be a pretty serious claim. I think we deserve an explanation why the CEO of our club is happy seeing a small crowd turn up to Campbelltown.

I think I can't remember the last time you posted about the actual football team and not just solely on this issue.

In the end it is an article quoting "some say" It holds about as much water as me announcing that Greg Inglis signed with the Wests Tigers for $3 and a pie every game

@galahs said:
I believe it to be a pretty serious claim. I think we deserve an explanation why the CEO of our club is happy seeing a small crowd turn up to Campbelltown.

Well in the off season it was reported that the club owed the council money for last years games and was unhappy with rent.

So it may be directed at the council more than the fans but it is a very sensitive issue for a JV.

@smeghead said:
I think I can't remember the last time you posted about the actual football team and not just solely on this issue.

In the end it is an article quoting "some say" It holds about as much water as me announcing that Greg Inglis signed with the Wests Tigers for $3 and a pie every game

Neither can I. It's only ever to flame these types of threads.

This has nothing do with wests v balmain. Its the wests tigers that dont like playing down there. They are just softening us up for the big move.

@galahs said:
According to several reporters, Mayer seemed delighted at the small crowd figure, before delivering this quote: “It is a last throw of the dice for Campbelltown to come and show they support their club. Then we will have to reassess whether we continue to run games here at a loss.”

Another public relations disaster.

Back