Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

If he did sign for 2024. I wouldn’t give Parra anyone we want to keep. Parra will want him gone and want to move on. The advantage will be with the WTs.

Think they made a mistake and
panicked a bit by signing Brown
to that huge long term deal TBH.
Might have got Mitch offside ...

They knew there would be a big
possibility that one of them, if not
both could leave the club to be
fair and wrapped Brown up ASAP

It's completely delusional. If we sign him it's for 24 and Parra won't release him.
if they can't get a good replacement for Papali they might be interested on a second rower and I would say they would be nervous with just Hodgo to fill the DH role

It's completely delusional. If we sign him it's for 24 and Parra won't release him.
I’m good with that. I know this sounds crazy but if you sign a contract you stick to it.
It’s like buying a Xmas present in march, if you crack it before the big day you’ve ruin it.

Good footballers I see all the time, smart ones are reasonably easy to pick as well….

That would have little to do with the fact that Furner coached a defensively poor team for most of his tenure at the Raiders though now does it?
Or are you claiming they weren’t?
And that the Tigers have been known for their grit in defence for the last 20 years….

It’s not stats - it’s bleatingly obvious.
Batboy Batboy your grounds to these arguments are getting very tiresome in basing dredged up stat's to support your view's, everyone knows while they do have a reflection they only tell part of the whole story and can be shaped and formed to suit anyones desired points which is what you do. My point is so Wayne Bennett statistics with the England side as coach was pretty ordinary does this mean he can't coach?, Ricky Stuart has had some very lean years, what would you make of this and not to mention Toddy Payton would be the worst yet prior to being coach of the year this last season, I don't know who would be qualified for any of your requirements, oh wait JESUS CHRIST he parted seas, turned water to wine gave a blind man sight, there it is. Maybe time to hang upside down and have a sleep 😴. Regards Bucko

Gota agree with Masterton here. No doubting his effort, but he still ran sideways a lot. His defence probs looked better as the centre & wide running second rower inside him probs made there tackes, unlike Kelma for us this year.
Nofo missed several critical tackles,buthis biggest issue was he cldnt keep up when Olam made clean breaks...dunno whether he was asleep..or whether he lacked pace..or some combination of both
Bellyache likes his finishers fast ..so he was never gonna be offered a contract

If MM is signed for 4 years from 2024 that means he is with us until end of 2027 - that is 5 years away! How old will he be by then 33? 34?

if they can't get a good replacement for Papali they might be interested on a second rower and I would say they would be nervous with just Hodgo to fill the DH role

They didn't release Stef and he got 2 minutes in first grade. They didn't release IP who is a great player but he was a second rower and they had depth in that position. You think they are going to release their no 1 player with no back-up.

I can't see it happening but the elephant in the room is that he hasn't even signed with us for 24 and it probably won't happen.

Don.t particularly want Williams, sure he was ok playing for England, but you would expect that. There will be a whole new batch of halves coming through this year, we should be able to poach.
We have signed enough experienced players for the moment, he is to risky a buy to my way of thinking.

Michael Carayannis said pre Christmas parra were 3rd in the pecking order.

The other bloke on sen said Isaac on holidays as reason for hold up.

I am just refreshed at how awesome our recruitment has been.

We were 16th. We have recruited:
Api Koroisau (top hooker).
I Papalii (well rated forward).
Klemmer (former orgin rep, maybe not at his best still had a great season.
Charlie Staines (no stain on his rep)
and
Bateman, a well rated second rower/forward that helped drive Canberra to a final's appearance.

Just look at this list and where we came on the ladder. Paper means nothing but I think this has been the best round of recruitment EVER for the WT.
and if we did this well attracting good players after running stone motherless, how much more attractive a destination will we be if we make the eight or better

Back