Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

They didn't release Stef and he got 2 minutes in first grade. They didn't release IP who is a great player but he was a second rower and they had depth in that position. You think they are going to release their no 1 player with no back-up.

I can't see it happening but the elephant in the room is that he hasn't even signed with us for 24 and it probably won't happen.
he will sign for us in 2024 pretty confident it will happen
Parramatta need a replacement for Papali so we will see. They could run with Jake Arthur you never know

They didn't release Stef and he got 2 minutes in first grade. They didn't release IP who is a great player but he was a second rower and they had depth in that position. You think they are going to release their no 1 player with no back-up.

I can't see it happening but the elephant in the room is that he hasn't even signed with us for 24 and it probably won't happen.

If he did sign for us in 24 id be reasonably confident he'd be here by mid season. We all know MM has the ability to kick stones and isnt afraid to play the mental health card. I personally would usually have a problem with a player doing this but Parra have done it to us twice so i will say go hard Mitchy boy.

If he did sign for us in 24 id be reasonably confident he'd be here by mid season. We all know MM has the ability to kick stones and isnt afraid to play the mental health card. I personally would usually have a problem with a player doing this but Parra have done it to us twice so i will say go hard Mitchy boy.
I don't think he's that guy any more. Seems to have matured.

We would also need to find room in the cap for him.

If we sign, i personally can't see 2023 happening.

If in 2024 Moses signs with tigers

If parramatta said for 2023 you can have Moses but we want

Simpkin - cover for hodgson

Joffa - replacement for Papali

I would do that swap

I wouldn’t trade Joffa & Parra wouldn’t ask for him anyway. Parra wouldn’t need if they have RCG/Jnr and Marty.

Joffa is a 60min NRL quality forward he can play multiple forward positions at a pinch. Pole and few others all view him as a leader & he showed he was a true leader in 22 unlike any other forward we had.

Considering the rabble forward pack we had where he had zero help he hit quality form. His best years are coming. Put quality around him and I expect 23/24 are going to be very good years for him.

They need backs and halves. It MM
Goes maybe AD, Nofo, Ken or someone else might be an option.

They didn’t release Fano or Papali’i because they were more valuable than their pay, both on less than $200k.
Moses otoh May be more valuable gone?

Again I will point out unless you are actually in that situation you do not know his state of mind and those attacking his mental health status at the time really do not know what was going on and as far as I am concerned it’s a low blow that has no place online whether you like him or not .

Parra have not once come to the table for us when we signed a player early. Matto/MM they helped get across early via various methods. It’s all been 1 way.

Have no idea why we would help them out to get MM a year early.

Jake & Joffa best years are coming well infront of them.

If Api goes down we are shot at hooker at least Jake despite being youngest hooker in the NRL by 3yrs has games under his belt.

Joe was hands down our best player and forward leader, potential captain material as well who was the first benji carry over signing. He is rated highly at the club and if we want a quality forward pack he stays.

Why shift players out to gain 1 a year early makes little sense given the history of Parra & us.

Not sure how or why Joffa’s name is even being discussed. Sure, he’s not flashy, but he’s the type of forward that every team needs. We have just built a solid pack, there’s no way he is going.
On the other hand, the entire backline is tradeable (IMO bar Douehi), it is just a shame they don’t offer much trade value.

Back