Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Sheens has put a line through Laurie being here beyond this year, Doueihi won’t be at the club past 2024 and the comments regarding Brooks earlier in the week weren’t promising for his stocks either. Wakeham’s on a 1 year deal as is and will likely go back to being depth once this nightmare of a year is over.

he’s trying to turn over the roster but sadly these things don't happen overnight.

I reckon at 63( 64 in October) he’ll be comfortable in a GM Football role.
He’s probably watching his old coach’s decline and saying that’s not for me.
I wish he’d come but he won’t.
You're not saying he's too old are ya?
I think he's still young in comparison.
Can we find an email address for him...I'll beg him if I have too...mow his lawns for free...wash his car...paint his house...?

Sheens has put a line through Laurie being here beyond this year, Doueihi won’t be at the club past 2024 and the comments regarding Brooks earlier in the week weren’t promising for his stocks either. Wakeham’s on a 1 year deal as is and will likely go back to being depth once this nightmare of a year is over.

he’s trying to turn over the roster but sadly these things don't happen overnight.
Seems that Sheens will scrub a player if he doesn't like them personally. Did so with Hastings because he flew himself to the GC last year and is doing so with Laurie

There were 3 missed tackles between the starting forwards. I feel they work quite well as a unit defensively. Definitely compared to last years squad. I’m not sure why you want to drop them as well using defense as the marker?

I agree that continually swapping positions is not very productive. But I still disagree in this case that we continue to pick and stick with an option at 1 that was already tried and failed under a previous coach and is obviously not working the second time around. If douehi strings 3 good games together at 1 then be happily persuaded.
Good defence doesn’t necessarily mean minimal missed tackles.
Storm missed a bucket load of tackles against the bunnies but still they caused plenty of headaches for them there.
Look at everyone’s favourite player, often he is tagged with a missed tackle because he is involved in effort on effort tackles.
See the Jordan Riki try for instance. Tackled Cartigan low, player over the top didn’t wrap the ball up, got up chased across as cover and ended up getting stepped in side coz he was trying to get back in his position coz no one else covered it whilst he was caught up in the 1st tackle.
Good defence means not having our halfback run around the field making all the cover tackles.
But before that it means being solid in the contact. Being forceful enough to put them on their back or hold them in position so that the markers can get in position before the man playing the ball and the a defenders aren’t running back from the ruck into position.
Best example of good defence with a bucket load of missed tackles was the Tigers in 2010 and 2011.

You're not saying he's too old are ya?
I think he's still young in comparison.
Can we find an email address for him...I'll beg him if I have too...mow his lawns for free...wash his car...paint his house...?
No, not saying he’s too old for a proper club, but too old for cleaning up a place like the Wests Tigers. And he has had terrific management at the Storm.
Our bunch of misfit directors would send him to an early grave.

Probs nothing from Parra , they stand over us a the time when it comes to these things

Unless we have someone incoming it makes zero sense to let him go given the problems we are having and lack of any depth on our roster.

Even if we then bring salary forward into this season currently with the size of cap space we have it adds zero value for next year.

He could have released Brooks and kept Hastings. The Knights only went after Hastings when they couldn't get Brooks. Yes we would have had to chip in but we're well under the cap this year anyway.

Hastings wouldn't have solved all of our problems but he certainly would have helped. He also didn't have to re-sign AD.

No, not saying he’s too old for a proper club, but too old for cleaning up a place like the Wests Tigers. And he has had terrific management at the Storm.
Our bunch of misfit directors would send him to an early grave.
Pascoe and hagi show has flopped.
As long as they are around we won't attract anyone of merit.
HTF do we get rid of this mediocrity?

Reactions: 851

Simple, Cobbo and Laurie both indigenous, so I’d say one admiring the other due to race not club.

I suspect/ hope that this may involve a player sway with a Parra State Cup player/someone on the cusp. We need better backs and halves. Can only dream its that Parra half that had wraps on him now stuck behind Moses and Edwards.

Laurie has had many chances and his main weakness in not combating the high ball has been exposed time after time in both NRL and State Cup. He mans up with his size, but allowing that ball to bounce puts us way too often in a bad position.

Also, lets be fair to Sheens here, maybe Laurie wants out knowing he wont get an extension? And Laurie's heart is always Penrith, never really got into WT.

Reactions: 851
I suspect/ hope that this may involve a player sway with a Parra State Cup player/someone on the cusp. We need better backs and halves. Can only dream its that Parra half that had wraps on him now stuck behind Moses and Edwards.

Laurie has had many chances and his main weakness in not combating the high ball has been exposed time after time in both NRL and State Cup. He mans up with his size, but allowing that ball to bounce puts us way too often in a bad position.

Also, lets be fair to Sheens here, maybe Laurie wants out knowing he wont get an extension? And Laurie's heart is always Penrith, never really got into WT.
Probably Blake

has Jayden Campbell re-signed with Titans? He would be a nice target, not getting a look in at fullback there. Also I reckon we could do a lot worse than Toby Sexton, Blake Taafe, Brayden Trindall, Kurt Falls
Yeah hes good, but you have a Jayden Campbell in Laurie..

both small..

Jayden has alot more skill, but I still think he'll be the exact same as Laurie in our team.

People need to get over Hastings.. its like you guys were in a 5 month relationship with him.. oblivious to the fact that he was actually sh!!! and slow..
People won't while Brooks is still here absolutely stinking it up and we are running dead last. It's a valid point because it shows the utter lack of football intelligence at this club

Back