Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I suspect/ hope that this may involve a player sway with a Parra State Cup player/someone on the cusp. We need better backs and halves. Can only dream its that Parra half that had wraps on him now stuck behind Moses and Edwards.

Laurie has had many chances and his main weakness in not combating the high ball has been exposed time after time in both NRL and State Cup. He mans up with his size, but allowing that ball to bounce puts us way too often in a bad position.

Also, lets be fair to Sheens here, maybe Laurie wants out knowing he wont get an extension? And Laurie's heart is always Penrith, never really got into WT.
Probably Blake

has Jayden Campbell re-signed with Titans? He would be a nice target, not getting a look in at fullback there. Also I reckon we could do a lot worse than Toby Sexton, Blake Taafe, Brayden Trindall, Kurt Falls
Yeah hes good, but you have a Jayden Campbell in Laurie..

both small..

Jayden has alot more skill, but I still think he'll be the exact same as Laurie in our team.

People need to get over Hastings.. its like you guys were in a 5 month relationship with him.. oblivious to the fact that he was actually sh!!! and slow..
People won't while Brooks is still here absolutely stinking it up and we are running dead last. It's a valid point because it shows the utter lack of football intelligence at this club

has Jayden Campbell re-signed with Titans? He would be a nice target, not getting a look in at fullback there. Also I reckon we could do a lot worse than Toby Sexton, Blake Taafe, Brayden Trindall, Kurt Falls
I think he’s the player the Eels are after to play FB instead of Gutherson . Don’t think anything finalised as yet.
I think Taafe and Trindall both worth a closer look at 7.

The titans have just signed two players from the pommy league, I know one is our old player , but a lot of clubs just need players and go get them we have heaps of cap yet we just sit around and do bugger all , get if ur arse boys and get some players in who want to win and do it now not next year

Toby Sexton is Brooks with a mullet....Kurt Falls is a good goal kicker but worse than Brooks in all facets of the game.

Reactions: DJG
Seems that Sheens will scrub a player if he doesn't like them personally. Did so with Hastings because he flew himself to the GC last year and is doing so with Laurie
Hastings did a number of things last year that got Sheens and the administration offside. If he's bad for culture then he's bad for culture. there's a reason he's been to as many clubs as he has been, irrespective of his abilities. would love him here at the moment for his on-field attributes but off field he's a derrick.

Just curious, what’s Tom Chester’s contract situation at the cows?

Saw glimpses last night, he is a fullback, quick on his feet, confident under the bombs, scored.

I think Lauries days are numbered, especially with the social media brain explosion.

Tigers should make a play for him.

Everyones thoughts ..?

Good defence doesn’t necessarily mean minimal missed tackles.
Storm missed a bucket load of tackles against the bunnies but still they caused plenty of headaches for them there.
Look at everyone’s favourite player, often he is tagged with a missed tackle because he is involved in effort on effort tackles.
See the Jordan Riki try for instance. Tackled Cartigan low, player over the top didn’t wrap the ball up, got up chased across as cover and ended up getting stepped in side coz he was trying to get back in his position coz no one else covered it whilst he was caught up in the 1st tackle.
Good defence means not having our halfback run around the field making all the cover tackles.
But before that it means being solid in the contact. Being forceful enough to put them on their back or hold them in position so that the markers can get in position before the man playing the ball and the a defenders aren’t running back from the ruck into position.
Best example of good defence with a bucket load of missed tackles was the Tigers in 2010 and 2011.
Thanks for reply. Yes I oversimplified my previous reply to make a point. I just feel our forwards are on the improve. A hell of a long way to go. Our defense as a whole team is still poor compared to the top teams.

People need to get over Hastings.. its like you guys were in a 5 month relationship with him.. oblivious to the fact that he was actually sh!!! and slow..
Do you think Brooks is better?
Majority on here don't
Forgetting about it and moving on is basically saying "yeah, f__k up al you like, keep getting rid of the better players, we'll just cop it up the blurter, say aahhh well, and carry on as usual (losers)

Just curious, what’s Tom Chester’s contract situation at the cows?

Saw glimpses last night, he is a fullback, quick on his feet, confident under the bombs, scored.

I think Lauries days are numbered, especially with the social media brain explosion.

Tigers should make a play for him.

Everyones thoughts ..?
short answer is yes but I think its a lot more complicated then that. Chester was earmarked as the Cowboys 14 before Round 1 but lost out to Granville. that spot will be his you'd think by the end of this year and into 2024. if I were his management I'd be steering well clear of this place and increasing his value by remaining in a better system to develop.

Reactions: 851
Hastings
Brooks
Doueihi

All a stop gap.

who else other then Sezer and Pearce who are about to retire.

There is legit no one out there...

Should have kept Madden..
Agree thought Jock was coming along nicely, was disappointed he left.

Do you think Brooks is better?
Majority on here don't
Forgetting about it and moving on is basically saying "yeah, f__k up al you like, keep getting rid of the better players, we'll just cop it up the blurter, say aahhh well, and carry on as usual (losers)
Why keep on going on about it when he's now with Knights?

Thats what I don't get.

Latest posts

Back