Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Penrith raid hasn’t stopped.

The club have approached Sunia Turuva’s management but have reportedly been told it’s unlikely a deal will be struck as he prioritises getting a deal done with Penrith. However, if somehow talks were to break down expect us to be a serious serious shot. Assuming Api is leading the recruitment with that one. Penrith’s cap space isn’t in the greatest condition which is something to consider.

Besides that I’ve got nothing.

Heard something really interesting about Parramatta today though….. whispers going around Moses isn’t happy.
thanks mate. if anything it indicates the club is after a first grade quality outside back for 2025. whether it’s Turuva or someone else it’s clear that’s what they want next.

That would be a marriage made in heaven, he's a cock through and through.

Agree, I think you may have pre season fever JRT!
Let’s discuss again the week before our first game( coz training photos and the trials won’t really reveal anything).
And will sign for only $350,000 because it’s the chance to play for the roosters 🤦‍♂️

Only if he’s injured.
He’ll want to go out on a high coz he’s been with those guys for a long time and friendships like that promote respect imo.
Actually could have one of his best seasons so far. Of course it also depends on whether Ivan supports him, or starts to look at possible replacements for the future.
He’ll have to do both !
Instead of Luai not playing a lot of footy this year being due to injury, I have another thought. I reckon Ivan will bench him throughout the season to give their new 5/8 more game time in 2025. Ivan is cunning and manipulative. Not known for being morally upstanding and not being ruthless. It's different to Kikau, Crichton, Leniu leaving because Luai is a spine player. You actually saw Mitch Kenny start games in late 2022 ahead of Koroisau. I expect the same with Luai in 2024. Ivan has never prioritised Luai as a player or person

Something that hasn't been mentioned much is that Luai is left-footed and the other 3 future options (Sullivan, Fainu, Galvin) are all right-footed (as far as I know). This is good because there's very rarely successful two left-foot combos in the NRL. Watch some of Burton and Luai's games together at penrith and you'll see why

Reactions: 851
Instead of Luai not playing a lot of footy this year being due to injury, I have another thought. I reckon Ivan will bench him throughout the season to give their new 5/8 more game time in 2025. Ivan is cunning and manipulative. Not known for being morally upstanding and not being ruthless. It's different to Kikau, Crichton, Leniu leaving because Luai is a spine player. You actually saw Mitch Kenny start games in late 2022 ahead of Koroisau. I expect the same with Luai in 2024. Ivan has never prioritised Luai as a player or person
This is wildly overthinking things. Penrith are favourites to win the premiership this season - there's no way they're going to leave out their best 5/8 in order to get more game time to someone who may or may not be their starter from 2025. They're going to put the best team available to them on the park every week, and that obviously includes Luai.

The Api/Kenny swap was strategic, and it worked. Api came on and ran amok every time he started on the bench.

Something that hasn't been mentioned much is that Luai is left-footed and the other 3 future options (Sullivan, Fainu, Galvin) are all right-footed (as far as I know). This is good because there's very rarely successful two left-foot combos in the NRL. Watch some of Burton and Luai's games together at penrith and you'll see why
WT are already planning for it with Sezer (left foot kicker) parked on the left edge for the entirety of preseason with Galvin and Fainu doing time on the right edge. Sullivan has been playing on the left edge for the B side at the minute. probably told Marshall he backs himself to outperform Sezer, which hasn't happened.

Sure he was injured I get that but there not re acurring injuries to do an acl at 18 then again at 20 and in a lot of people's opinion on here was in the top 3 player's on the field since coming back to grade after building some confidence in Reggie's believe stays injury free he will be elite he was the best junior including player's like burton critta utoikamanu Bradman best leniu Egan butcher he captained that origin side watch him shine at storm
He may well come good.

WT are already planning for it with Sezer (left foot kicker) parked on the left edge for the entirety of preseason with Galvin and Fainu doing time on the right edge. Sullivan has been playing on the left edge for the B side at the minute. probably told Marshall he backs himself to outperform Sezer, which hasn't happened.
I've said it before but the kicking games of Sezer/Luai/Brooks are all very similar

The Api/Kenny swap was strategic, and it worked. Api came on and ran amok every time he started on the bench.
Yep agreed, Kenny is a slightly bigger body and was used to take the early punishment so that Api could play what was in front of him.
We asked him to do far too much last year on both sides of the ball, really need the props/13s to lead the line a bit more often.

Latest posts

Members online

Back