Danny Galea

Balmain_Bug

Dudes,

Have you ever seen this guy play a dud game?

I will answer this question for you. Your answer is NO.

He has stepped up with a fulltime role and is starring big time. Love his size, skill and stamina.

I cant believe he has been linked to Manly.

Do they have a salary cap twice the size of ours??

Really WT, its time to sign this guy and the other guy who's name starts with 'GAL' aswell .

It is time to pull your fingers out and do something positive for the club and its supporters.

No excuses. He is a gun.

Agree 100%

In the time his been injury free he's not ever let the side down and played solid games…

I made mention earlier this season that given more game time, he'll really start show his value not only in his defence but attack. Over the past 2 games his presence in attack is steadily increasing while his defence is by far superior to any player in the current squad! When he hits blokes he hits them hard enough to keep them quite for some time after...

Also as you said.. for a bloke his size he's incredibly fit it also makes me laugh when people were suggesting he should be placed back in the centers earlier this season...

RESIGN HIM PLEASE TIGERS!!! Of all the blokes coming off contract, he is the bloke i would be most disappointed if we should let him go..

does anybody see the coincidence:

We lose two straight.

Sheens starts Galea against the Storm and Knights.

We win them both.

Sheens drops him to the bench.

We lose our next 5.
\
\
\
\
Galea rejoins the starting team against Souths.

We win our next 4.
\
\
\
The blokes defence is enourmous and he makes the tough runs off our line no one wants to make. How he isn't signed for next year is a joke.

Have been saying it since he first stepped on the paddock for Balmain. He and Saffy are some of the most brutal and effective tacklers we have ever had.

He is an utter professional to boot and goes about his job every time he is on the field.

As a combination used correctly Ellis, Heighno and Galea are one of the premier back row combinations. All offer good minutes, size and aggression

Agree 100% with the resigning of Danny Galea. This guy should be putting pen to paper asap.
He has been getting more mintues and playing better each week.
If we lose Dene and Payne, then there should be more than enough to sign Danny and the mystery prop everyone so wants.

@smeghead said:
. He and Saffy are some of the most brutal and effective tacklers we have ever had.

Totally agree…sorry when Saffy left us..Galea must be retained IMO

ellis galea and payne are our 3 best defensive back rowers, but galea and payne offer very little in attack, but if you do take note, we leak most our points when galea and payne arent on the field.

@smeghead said:
Have been saying it since he first stepped on the paddock for Balmain. He and Saffy are some of the most brutal and effective tacklers we have ever had.

He is an utter professional to boot and goes about his job every time he is on the field.

As a combination used correctly Ellis, Heighno and Galea are one of the premier back row combinations. All offer good minutes, size and aggression

My thoughts too,we are just starting to reap the rewards don't let him go now,Sheens misused and underused him for 2 and half years the same as Morris,just hope he doesn't leave like Morris.

@softlaw said:
Our recruitment team would be stupid not to re-sign him.

Which means we probably won;t re-sign him.

Don't be so sure….your right but things change,,,,

Sign Danny now...

@anderson silva said:
ellis galea and payne are our 3 best defensive back rowers, but galea and payne offer very little in attack, but if you do take note, we leak most our points when galea and payne arent on the field.

Galeas attacking game is slowly developing into our structure. He missed alot of time through injury.

In attack I would like to see him occasionally hit the outside ball from Lawrence and have TNT looking to angle back in. Those 3 as a running pair are quite a combination

Galea is really starting to look good in the backrow. I've never had an issue with his defence, he hits hard and is effective. His attack has been his main problem since joining the Tigers, but now that he is playing more minutes, he's also getting more ball. I'd like to see both Galea and Heighno used a little wider of the ruck in attack and ideally aiming at trying to squeeze themselves between the defence. The club certainly has plenty of options in the backrow, but right now I'd keep Galea in the side for sure.

@851 said:
@smeghead said:

My thoughts too,we are just starting to reap the rewards don't let him go now,Sheens misused and underused him for 2 and half years the same as Morris,just hope he doesn't leave like Morris.

Lol ive heard sheens has misused him for the first 2 or so years but thats not true as he had a achilles problem and ankle and other injurys which kept him out for long periods of time.

I agree he should be resigned but if he left we do have the players coming through that could replace him.

Remember we have lots of second rowers :confused:

Lots of second rowers but none with the one on one capabilities, defensive power and experience of Galea.

Just my opinion though

@smeghead said:
Lots of second rowers but none with the one on one capabilities, defensive power and experience of Galea.

Just my opinion though

Yes it is and thats worth the same as anyone elses.Not much

:laughing:

Good thing we have a forum where we can all express our almost worthless opinions together hey?

What does everyone think about him playing lock???

With Ellis and Heighno as secondrowers, would he fit into lock for 2010….

@Liddy said:
What does everyone think about him playing lock???

With Ellis and Heighno as secondrowers, would he fit into lock for 2010….

Personally i think Heigno should be playing lock.. and usually does regardless if the number on his back says otherwise

Back