Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
@GNR4LIFE said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087338) said:
I’d rather pay 1.1 to LM than 7 hundred for Moylan or Milf.

700k for Moylan would be bonkers. No issues with LM at 1.1 or even 1.2

@Geo said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087266) said:
Well that escalated quickly...

I would suggest you pop over to the WT spread Christmas cheer thread to the sick kiddies for the feels

Posts have been deleted if it continues further actions will be taken

Again this has all started because of Corey Thompson ... he doesn't put the fear into Latrell and he is a WT's player

@avocadoontoast said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087344) said:
@GNR4LIFE said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087338) said:
I’d rather pay 1.1 to LM than 7 hundred for Moylan or Milf.

700k for Moylan would be bonkers. No issues with LM at 1.1 or even 1.2

We need to do something. We can’t go into the season with the spine at present. We could be flirting with the bottom 4. We need a big injection from somewhere. LM is really the only one who can give it to us.

@GNR4LIFE said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087352) said:
We need to do something. We can’t go into the season with the spine at present. We could be flirting with the bottom 4. We need a big injection from somewhere. LM is really the only one who can give it to us.

Agree with you 100%. Give LM what he wants and build the club around him. At this stage it is our only option. As you said, our spine at present is unacceptable.

After all that has preceded this point in the discussion you are seriously talking about building the team around Latrell Mitchell?
I don't think so.

Whose looking desperate now?
All this talk of the manager blowing his deal and narrowing out his options and it has the forum in a meltdown claiming we need Mitchell more than he needs us and our money. We really are pathetic aren’t we.
Don’t laugh, if we don’t spend a portion of our cap (can’t remember the exact value) we will get fined by the NRL. Maybe we should all be thanking Pascoe and Robbie now, good god what would we do with that extra $340,000 or so of the fine we for Robbies job after football. No one, just no one of interest appears to be interested....
Front load everyone, clear the deck end of 2021 and sign a whole new team. By that time we would have finallised all our overprice deals and would have almost all our cap space available.
Rookies and rejects, say it with me, rookies and rejects, that will be our team ethos.

@Needaname said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087371) said:
Front load everyone, clear the deck end of 2021 and sign a whole new team.

If we can’t get anyone to sign with us now, why are they going to in 2021? (genuine question)

@TheDaBoss said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087205) said:
Mbye goes in to bat for 'harshly criticised' Latrell
Author
Margie McDonald
Senior Reporter
Timestamp
Wed 4 Dec 2019, 03:02 PM
Latrell Mitchell had been treated shabbily in recent contract talks, according to Wests Tigers skipper Moses Mbye, as he was simply a young father and footballer trying to consolidate his future.

Whether that future is the Wests Tigers or not, Mbye and teammate Luke Garner don't know. But as they delivered presents to children spending Christmas inside Liverpool Hospital, it brought home the value of family and good health.

"I think Latrell has been pretty harshly criticised," Mbye said of the Roosters' centre trying to sort out where he plays in 2020.

"He's young and because he's such a good player and done so much, people treat him like a 28 or 29-year-old when he's just 22.

"He's got a lot on his plate too with a family to look after… putting into perspective of having children and trying to get the ball going (career-wise) by having all these offers and this amount of money, when he's come from very humble beginnings.

"In saying that, if I was advising him I'd tell him to look after himself and I think he's done a really good job of handling the pressure and the criticism."

View this post on Instagram

Take me back !!

@iam_lm01) on Dec 3 said:
Garner, who knew Mitchell from their days in the Roosters lower grades, is comfortable for his club to be in the hunt for the Test and Origin outside back.

"At the Tigers we’re always looking for quality players, whether that’s Latrell or somebody else," Garner said.

"It would be exciting to have him but if that doesn’t happen, I’m sure we’ll move on and find another quality player.

"I’m sure that in these types of situations Latrell is just trying to slow things down and think it through. At the end of the day it is his career and his life – and that's the most important thing.

"Whatever makes him happy I’m sure he’ll do it and I hope he succeeds."

It's not just Mitchell who has been linked to the Tigers but also Sharks fullback Matt Moylan.

Five key matchups of the Wests Tigers' 2020 draw
"If they're available and you can get them, why wouldn't you? If I was running the team I'd be doing the same thing," Mbye said.

Specficially on Mitchell's characteristics, Mbye said the Taree product needed no introduction.

"His strike. He's only young but he brings a hell of a lot of experience. He's won two premierships and played games for his country and his state and his indigenous heritage," he said.

"So he's got a lot of experience in big games. And he's got experience from a strong-cultured team and club

Mbye why are you getting involved in this?
Just shoosh

I will not be upset if he does not sign. If playing for your state and country is not enough to motivate him, not sure what we can offer him.

@avocadoontoast said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087372) said:

If we can’t get anyone to sign with us now, why are they going to in 2021? (genuine question)

I have said this before, and I hate to sound negative, but it is a legit issue. Madge did not recruit the big guns at Souths...Crowe / Richardson did.

Madge is known as a very hard worker who drives you daily into the ground. There are not many players who 'really' want that.

Bellamy also has the same rep...but the big difference is he can guarantee them success. Whereas we cannot...

It is a genuine issue. So far there is no history at all of Madge being able to recruit top class players.

(and I am a big fan of him as a coach...but facts are facts)

@avocadoontoast said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087372) said:

I'd like to know the answer too

Your question is spot on. Unless my memory fails me we've signed one new player for next year for which there would have been genuine competition i.e Lelua. We've also signed Musgrove, Walters and Abbey but with no competition. We've lost quite a few in Farah, Matulino, Matterson, Marsters etc. That's quite a big net loss. We've done well in resigning existing players and signing some cracking juniors but we can't attract quality established players. It's a real problem that we need to resolve.

A solid season with good improvement
It does however look.more.and more that we will have to build from within

@WT2K said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087378) said:

I'd like to know the answer too

I think that fact that we could bring in multiple signings due to an increased salary cap may help. I honestly do think some players would look at our roster for next year and think that theres not much going for us. Hopefully with a bit of coin and the ability to bring 3-4 guys in, that may change.

@Tigerstar said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087379) said:
Other clubs will be cashed up for 21 as well

Spot on... And that's exactly why we need to up the anti for LM as he will help attract more..

@hodgo said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087382) said:

A solid season with good improvement
It does however look.more.and more that we will have to build from within

We've come 9th two seasons in a row. I think it's a club problem rather than a roster problem that worries potential recruits.

With roughly 1.3 million to spend, WT need to land Latrell and Addo Carr this off season. Package deal

🙏🙏🙏

@avocadoontoast said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087353) said:
@GNR4LIFE said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087352) said:

Agree with you 100%. Give LM what he wants and build the club around him. At this stage it is our only option. As you said, our spine at present is unacceptable.

I think what he wants is to not play for the Tigers.

What more could we have offered?
Considering our offer was more than anyone elses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back